Lions logo redesign (EDIT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
The current logo has really grown on me and I no longer consider it a "paddle-pop" lion logo.

Even so, i wanted to have a crack at redesigning the logo with simpler lines, shapes and overall branding, so here is my Lions.fc logo :)

Edit:

Here is a second set i designed. This is a more traditional take on a Lions logo, but with a modern shield.

Design elements included:
- The Brisbane Bears V (as seen on guernseys and the later logo)
- The "Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club" tagline to show that we are one club but acknowledge our history
- BBFFC classic Lion
- The creation date of each club, 1883 and 1986 to reflect its heritage
- Four different colour schemes, two done in current colours, one in Fitzroy's colours, the other in Brisbane's.

Last edited:

Lion for Life

All Australian
Feb 14, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club,Chicago Bulls
Not a fan of the paddle pop at all and also not a fan of any redesign or variation of it.

Football clubs are built on heritage and i’ve always found that any club branding that takes advantage of that heritage is a winner.

If the club has any sense they would do away with the plastic paddle pop branding and bring in a ‘classic’ design featuring the Fitzroy lion, it’s past time to get this done and there’s no more Angus Johnson around defending his botched attempt at club branding in an effort to try and save his crappy reputation

Crimso

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2002
Maleny
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Yeah, I've done a re-work on it too, I think it should look like below.

My preferred look of the paddle pop logo.

I dont mind the 'paddle pop' head as it currently used. I just didnt like it on the jumper and having it slapped over the fitzroy lion. That specific lion needs to remain on the jumper indefinitely. What the 'club logo' is doesnt matter as much. But i like having the different looking head as is. For merch i stick with stuff branded with the fitzroy lion though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You got your bloody guernsey back, let us Paddlepop lovers have SOMETHING ffs.

Wish I could love Paddlepop, that Lion logo always looks constipated.
Someone said that waaaaayy back and I can never unsee it.

Wish I could love Paddlepop, that Lion logo always looks constipated.
Someone said that waaaaayy back and I can never unsee it.
And you're taking the risk of consigning someone else to that fate?

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
I like the simplicity of just a lion on maroon, but from a branding perspective it doesn't incorporate the teams full colours which people might object to, nor does it reflect anything about the team or location.
Freo probably has my favourite "simple" logo and doesn't really have anything but their established year, but it really sells their brand.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
The current logo has really grown on me and I no longer consider it a "paddle-pop" lion logo.

Even so, i wanted to have a crack at redesigning the logo with simpler lines, shapes and overall branding, so here is my Lions.fc logo :)
View attachment 748013
Edit:

Here is a second set i designed. This is a more traditional take on a Lions logo, but with a modern shield.

Design elements included:
- The Brisbane Bears V (as seen on guernseys and the later logo)
- The "Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club" tagline to show that we are one club but acknowledge our history
- BBFFC classic Lion
- The creation date of each club, 1883 and 1986 to reflect its heritage
- Four different colour schemes, two done in current colours, one in Fitzroy's colours, the other in Brisbane's.

View attachment 748673

Like the first shield. As for the Lion's head, sorry, don't like at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back