• Jarrod Berry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcus Adams

• Eric Hipwood

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we're back baby for the fourth and final comp of the year. Congratulations to leaper who managed to fall over the line in a competition noone seemed to want to actually win (aka every Freo vs Swans game in the last 5 years). Basic premise, pick who you think will kick a goal for the next game. More convoluted crap below.

Rules

Basic plot: You have to pick a Lions goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread by voting in the poll. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. You can only pick a player once during the comp, if you select the same person twice you will be eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

Tiebreaker: As the competition goes on I will count your goals. Eg if you pick Hipwood this week and he kicks 5 goals then those goals go against your name. If our final participants all bomb out at the same time then the winner is whoever has the most goals up until that point. If the remaining participants are also equal on goals then each of them will get 1 point if they got the highest goal kicker for that round. If we're still tied after then the winner will be determined by undergoing the Jack Redden challenge, where a ball will be kicked into your nether regions with the first one to kneel the loser.

Do I go McStay for a third time; that is the question...

My theory is that in week 1 you pick the least most likely player (if you know what I mean), because that way if you're eliminated you haven't wasted any extra time - so yes, McStay works (as did Robinson and Zorko for me in previous rounds).

First thing I have won since 1963 and I didn't even know I had won it. McLuggage is a monty today.

Says the man who after his 10th beer celebrating proceeded to coat himself in honey and instigate a full nightclub pillow fight...

Well this week saw a pretty large drop off in the first week with McCarthy, Robinson and Mcstay all not kicking a goal. In unrelated news Dylan12 was seen muttering "never again, never again" to himself somewhere in tasmania shortly after the game despite the win. We will be starting a new comp just for him next week where he will do his part for the lions and pick who will kick a goal for the opposition team. Below are those still in the game.

Apologies for the late timing. USA time difference it hampering me

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Well this week saw a pretty large drop off in the first week with McCarthy, Robinson and Mcstay all not kicking a goal. In unrelated news Dylan12 was seen muttering "never again, never again" to himself somewhere in tasmania shortly after the game despite the win. We will be starting a new comp just for him next week where he will do his part for the lions and pick who will kick a goal for the opposition team. Below are those still in the game.

Apologies for the late timing. USA time difference it hampering me

View attachment 719746
I don’t see how I can’t not select Dan McStay in the next iteration of the comp whenever it may be; I’ve made my bed.

I don’t see how I can’t not select Dan McStay in the next iteration of the comp whenever it may be; I’ve made my bed.

If I have to make another for finals I'm seriously banning you such is your power over dan

Well only one player going out this week, which given the score isn't really a shock. This week will be an interesting one, especially if geelong put the brakes on. Take a chance or play it safe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the winner is MSB ROYS who this week is the only winner from the lions inability to kick the ball through the big sticks in the middle. It was good to see him stay classy though when being presented with the trophy and not take joy at his opponents bad luck.

Given there's only a max of 3 more games thats all she wrote for this year, but rest assured we will be back next season when someone finally reminds me a week out from the first game of the season that I haven't started it again.

Congratulations to all the winners this season (you know who you are because i sure can't remember) and go lions this week!

Can I apply for perpetual naming rights?

Sure, you can always apply i guess. I'll let you know how much it will be.

Note: I'm a big fan of the ticketek charge for something you'll probably never get philosophy

leaper

Team Captain
Mar 5, 2000
Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Like the September member charge. or the $5 to go in the draw for Grand Final tickets

Back