Lions pick 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I could see the Lions taking LDU. He fits their needs perfectly. Imagine LDU shooting off quick handball to McCluggage. As a Carlton fan I'm eager for either Dow or Cerra.

To me Brisbane desperately need an in and under midfielder in the mold of Cripps or Kennedy, someone who will win a lot of clearances. I think Brisbane should draft to needs, and if there is a player who is in pick 1 contention and is an excellent clearance player that is who they should take.
Club sees Berry being the large inside mid going forward. We lack one more balanced ball winning mid with pace though. Dow fits that and bonus is that he can go forward and kick a goal.

To me Brisbane desperately need an in and under midfielder in the mold of Cripps or Kennedy, someone who will win a lot of clearances. I think Brisbane should draft to needs, and if there is a player who is in pick 1 contention and is an excellent clearance player that is who they should take.

Bloke called Jarrod Berry says hi.

edit: wot SM said

Club sees Berry being the large inside mid going forward. We lack one more balanced ball winning mid with pace though. Dow fits that and bonus is that he can go forward and kick a goal.
We also have Mathieson in that role and he's actually been quite good I could see Cerra in our draft range but agree would love Dow pretty much has everything we need pacey inside clearance winning goal kicking midfielder

We may draft Worpel with Ports pick 14.

Looks like 1 for 7 & 8 could be the deal now

Would absolutely take that
I don't think we would take that to be honest, I reckon we would want one of the picks to be earlier, even if it meant the other pick is later i.e. pick 1 for say 3 and 12-15 as an example.

Who do you think you would be targetting with those picks?
I don't think we would do that deal, if we did I would say we would be looking at Nick Coffield and one of Charlie Constable/Andrew Brayshaw/Hunter Clark and then take James Worpel with our Port pick.

IMO we are more likely to do a deal like WA Lion suggested and still get Paddy Dow/LDU and hope one of the ones mentioned above slips to our 2nd pick.

I think LDU is that player, Dow certainly wins inside ball though.

LDU has Kennedy/Cripps sort of scope. If his second half of the year matched his first, he'd be the consensus #1 imo.

Worpel? Could brisbane be tempted to trade out pick 1 for kelly for norths pick 4 and a player in the knowledge that there is still going to be a very good clearance midfielder available at pick 4?

I don't think we would do that deal, if we did I would say we would be looking at Nick Coffield and one of Charlie Constable/Andrew Brayshaw/Hunter Clark and then take James Worpel with our Port pick.

IMO we are more likely to do a deal like WA Lion suggested and still get Paddy Dow/LDU and hope one of the ones mentioned above slips to our 2nd pick.

Yeah i agree a deal like that is unlikely. Hence why i was asking about targets at that range. If there were a few that fit your needs and even if it was more based on players who wont mind moving to bris then i could understand that trade.

Worpel? Could brisbane be tempted to trade out pick 1 for kelly for norths pick 4 and a player in the knowledge that there is still going to be a very good clearance midfielder available at pick 4?

I would think they could potentially interested in that only if north were definitely getting kelly and if carl are definitely going to pick rayner. Otherwise they will miss dow and cerra. That definitely wont interest them.

Plus also depends on what north offer on top to even that trade out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it will split our board but if do that deal. We still need to add talent & this draft seems real even over the top 10.
I don't reckon Dow will be such a superstar that we wouldn't prefer two top 10 players on our list.

If we could add 2 top 10s turn 14 & 18 into ballenden, Cameron & another draftee somehow I'd be pretty happy.

I'd be looking for the superstar with our first pick next year

Dow at 1 and Worpel or Brayshaw at where ever the Port pick ends up.

How about drafting a spine? I'm not usually one to pot other clubs, but if I was a Brisbane supporter I'd be very worried about turning in a performance as insipid as this afternoon's, particularly against a side with 2 fit senior-listed players outside of the playing 22. Not sure I've seen a team put less effort into a game tbh

A North Melbourne supporter has a lot more to be worried about than a Brisbane one does.

Just a thought bubble, maybe trade down with the North.

Roos Trade: pick 4, 21

Lions trade: pick 1

Allows the Lions to still draft one of Dow, D-U or Cerra and the Roos to get Rayner.

Why would we do that?

We don't need the number 1 pick to get Rayner.

We would trade with GC if it was with anyone, if we really wanted Rayner and Carlton were looking like picking him, pick 2 is just as good.

Not a chance in hell we would do that trade.

Surely drafts Rayner. Kid is a freak, been watching him play since he was about 15/16. Gun kicking mid and have a feeling he'll be a 300 game player.

I'm in agreeance here as a lions supporter. Unless Rayner has serious doubts about coming to Brisbane, we should take him ahead of Dow. Watching them both play, Rayner seems to have way more class

I'm in agreeance here as a lions supporter. Unless Rayner has serious doubts about coming to Brisbane, we should take him ahead of Dow. Watching them both play, Rayner seems to have way more class
I think the majority of Lions supporters think Rayner is a better prospect than Dow... however a lot of smoke around him and his high chance of 'homesickness'. If we were base in Victoria it will be a no brainer but we aren't which means we have to go through further steps to ensure we pick the right person.

I think the majority of Lions supporters think Rayner is a better prospect than Dow... however a lot of smoke around him and his high chance of 'homesickness'. If we were base in Victoria it will be a no brainer but we aren't which means we have to go through further steps to ensure we pick the right person.

Yes and this is totally understandable, given what happened with the go home 5. Last year we took the best available in McLuggage and there are some doubts if he will stay (hasn't extended). I really hope he stays as well.

We need to keep picking the best players. Not to say Dow won't be good and we've had a decent record of keeping the Vic country lads. But, Rayner definitely has something about him.

Personally I would trade pick 1 and 18 for 6 and 8 (if somehow possible) and draft Stephenson as he's my no. 1 in this draft. Rayner and him are the only two that really stood out to me on all the champs games. Against SA those two guys were unreal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back