Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
OK Mate. I'll put a big IF there.
We might have different morals and values, but IF it's true, then yes, I have majorly changed my opinion on the bloke. Are your spidey senses telling u that Mrs Zorks has made the whole thing up?
It has nothing to do with spidey sense but I seem to recall you didn't take kindly to people making judgements about your mate Josh without all or any of the facts if we're honest.

I have no idea if he cheated or if she believes he did. I don't really care as we know very little about footy players and their private lives.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
It has nothing to do with spidey sense but I seem to recall you didn't take kindly to people making judgements about your mate Josh without all or any of the facts if we're honest.
I have no idea if he cheated or if she believes he did. I don't really care as we know very little about footy players and their private lives.
Fair enough. I'll reword it then. IF he has cheated on his wife, I have lost a lot of respect for him. IF this is found to be utter BS, then I will unreservedly apologise. Also, Josh's family values have never been brought into question. If anything, it's obvious how much he does love his family. I can see your point, but will never change my stance on cheating (if true).

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We know more than we need to when they put it out there on social media. That then causes people to discuss the matter and form opinions.

...and as has been stated, lots of footballers probably cheat on partners etc without critical judgement.....they get away with it and we remain blissfully unaware of such things because it doesn't end up in the media being told to the world..

Zorko appears to be the unlucky one in that he got caught, his GF was humiliated and hurt so she splashed said betrayal across social media. Hence his captaincy of our club was always mentioned in the murky washup.

....and that is what has got up a lot of peoples noses. That it bought attention of the wrong sort to our club........how all that now affects his performance on the field is yet to play out.

We can only hope it hasn't been the massive upheaval to his mindset that it possibly could be. That alone is a good enough reason to take the captaincy off him, to let him settle and just play the game. In the meantime, the team can be led by a player solely focused on leading the boys to win some games.

Not distracted by off-field dramas. It's all well and good saying it's a private matter, it stopped being that the minute it became public.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Not distracted by off-field dramas. It's all well and good saying it's a private matter, it stopped being that the minute it became public.

I don’t agree with this.

One of the things that is difficult when it comes to making value judgements on people is that we never have the full information - and even when we *do* have all-the-information-we-need to form a judgement on one person we are also not forming a judgement on another not because they are necessarily better but because we do not have the same level of information on them.

If we are talking about someone who is a pastor or a campaigner for family politician (eg Family First etc) whose role/authority is dependent on them being a moral example according to a particular set of known moral principles and they stuff that up then they are usually judged (or at least made open to judgement) and legitimately so (imagine how differently a cheating Fred Nile would be treated over a cheating Gareth Evans).

Footballers are not hired because they are saints, Mensa candidates, philosophers etc but because they can do football. Now we can do our best with the no dickheads type policies but for those of us who are not in their circles we do not know who does drugs, who cheats, who is depressed etc.

I remember reading a story about a kid on camp who shared some D&M stuff with one of the counsellors - later on when they were giving out awards the counsellor voted for the other kid (who he knew little about) over this kid based on the extra information he possessed. The kid who had shared felt betrayed by the counsellor who had held him to a higher standard of accountability simply because he knew more.

Where it may become an issue for El Capitane is if the family friendly branding will be damaged by non family friendly associations by one of the public faces of the club.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Might be because it's the off-season. Some people need some kind of drama to get them through it.

And the bloody one dayers aren't on free to air. Thanks Channel 7 for destroying cricket the same way you did AFL.

Really wishing I got off my butt to get Foxtel, if only for this game right now lol.

And the bloody one dayers aren't on free to air. Thanks Channel 7 for destroying cricket the same way you did AFL.

Really wishing I got off my butt to get Foxtel, if only for this game right now lol.
You can watch on cricket.com.au if you login.

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
Great to see Lachie Neale has taken the piss out of a Cam Rayner Instagram post. Appears Neale has already gelled with the great vibe between the players.

Back