Certified Legendary Thread Lions Players Instagram/Twitter catchup

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else think they're hitting post-season a little harder this year? Compared to last season when most came back in better condition than expected... or is it just me noticing the saturation on social media more.

Anyone else think they're hitting post-season a little harder this year? Compared to last season when most came back in better condition than expected... or is it just me noticing the saturation on social media more.
I don't think it is any different to last off season B2B2B, boys are just having a well earned break. It has been reported that there is a group of players back training already and Matty Eagles has been sighted doing a pretty strenuous long session last week + Stef Martin has been seen in a gym pumping iron.

Ah that's good to hear.

I must just focusing more on the group off in the US at the moment because I follow several of them on instagram. Guess I'm just seeing the same things from different angles :)

We also tend to forget how young some of these guys are and how regulated their lives are during the season and once pre-season starts.
No, no! They must be programmed footballing automata with no lives but the Club and the game to win premierships, so that I can feel validated in my support and membership.

Oh wait. That would make them the Adelaide Crows. Carry on boys.

We also tend to forget how young some of these guys are and how regulated their lives are during the season and once pre-season starts.

Also for the last decade their off seasons have started in September and they would pretty much be back to pre-season by now. So most of these social media posts have happened every year, people aren't used to it happening after trade period because we aren't used to a later pre-season start caused by playing in two weeks of finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the club quietly speaks to Mitch about not riding the board. Does a collar bone, and that might see him break his contract.
As David Teague put it after Charlie Curnow did his knee playing basketball.
“It’s called Life”

I wonder if the club quietly speaks to Mitch about not riding the board. Does a collar bone, and that might see him break his contract.
I agree with Dlions , these guys are adults and should be able to enjoy their down time and use their own judgment as to what activities they pursue, if they want to surf, waterski, skydive, bungee jump etc. they should be able to IMO.

As David Teague put it after Charlie Curnow did his knee playing basketball.
“It’s called Life”
I understand, but these guys have clauses in their contracts about not playing “risky” sports or activities.

Imagine the minor uproar on here if something did happen to one of our players?

I understand, but these guys have clauses in their contracts about not playing “risky” sports or activities.

Imagine the minor uproar on here if something did happen to one of our players?
Contact sports? I agree!
Skating, surfing? Nah!
If you didn’t learn to skate when you were young and decided to have a go, that’s just down right silly, but it is quite obvious that Mitch knows a bit about skating but there is risk in almost everything you do.

Voss once nearly cut his finger right off hitching a trailer to his car. I think that players will invariably succumb to those every day freak injuries that banning something as innocuous as skateboarding will cause more drama and angst than it saves.
Agree that banning it wouldn't be the right move, but surely if you know an accident will basically void your contract if you can't play then you would re-consider. I get that everyone has to live but these guys have a responsibility to look after themselves. Having said that, Mitch wasn't going all that hard on that board so I wonder if he is holding back a little as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back