maroon and blue

Slayer of sheep
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
lions
And which pub is in Jack Irish with Guy Pierce.Given our current predicament what better way to enjoy our history by having a libation or frothy at Melbourne pubs that celebrate our fantastic history. I'll kick it off by nominating the following;
North Fitzroy Arms Hotel (awesome photos, now owned by big Percy Jones the bluebagger ruckmen)
Commercial Hotel Brunnie St where the Lions were created in 187??(nice brass plaque and photos).
Would be nice if we could get an "End of the World" pub list going.And which pub is in Jack Irish where the old Lions rusted on stalwarts drink. This is exciting.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Apologies apparently the Commercial Hotel was the Brunswick Hotel bulit in 1884 according to my references. Has it changed names? Also I forgot to mention the Napier Hotel, Fitzroy, Beautiful Victorian architecture and great ambience and Lion photos.

THe Napier, the standard and the rose all in Fitzroy have some lions memorabilia on the walls

I think the union does too but haven't been there for a while.

• Banned
THe Napier, the standard and the rose all in Fitzroy have some lions memorabilia on the walls

I think the union does too but haven't been there for a while.
Many thanks John Proctor, so the list is:
North Fitzroy Arms
The Napier
The Brunswick St (subject to clarifiction)
The Union
The Standard
The rose.

This is exciting, we have a list and a history!

The Brunswick street one is where the com was formed. It was closed for a few years and recently reopened with a bit of a fancy fit out.

No memorabilia left but the building is the building.

Was at the north Fitzroy arms last night, it's one of the closest pubs to Brunswick street oval and is the best Fitzroy pub I've seen. (Think there were a few Fitzroy fans hanging around too as they knocked off the top side in the amateurs yesterday at BSO)

A couple of great portraits of Murray and Bill Stephen. A smallish print of the team of the century, a giant poster of all Fitzroy players with portrait features for Brownlow medalists and a number of best and fairest winners. A couple of signed jumpers including Brisbane circa 2002/2003 and other bits and bobs too. Recommend a visit next time your in the area for anyone who hasn't been.

And which pub is in Jack Irish with Guy Pierce.Given our current predicament what better way to enjoy our history by having a libation or frothy at Melbourne pubs that celebrate our fantastic history. I'll kick it off by nominating the following;
North Fitzroy Arms Hotel (awesome photos, now owned by big Percy Jones the bluebagger ruckmen)
Commercial Hotel Brunnie St where the Lions were created in 187??(nice brass plaque and photos).
Would be nice if we could get an "End of the World" pub list going.And which pub is in Jack Irish where the old Lions rusted on stalwarts drink. This is exciting.
I reckon the standard hotel for irish (like a pub with a open fire) n commercial hotel is in Nicholson st Fitzroy. Did a bike crawl once... interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Royal Derby in Fitzroy is now the official Lions Melbourne pub.

I saw an article on the Lions website a few weeks ago but can no longer find it to link.

I believe Lions poster tancas may run this pub.