Lions Reserves 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome day for footy at Broady today, a little overcast, a light breeze and our young guys on display.

I know the aflq.com.au did not name him in our best (pretty sure they got their Irishmen all wrong) but Hanley really looked good today. For someone so new to the game, he looks to have taken his disposal up a notch or two:thumbsu:

Bunnings had a good day. Led the team with all he had. Was obviously a better player than anyone else on the field.

McCauley will play senior footy as far as I am concerned. Tremendous leap and seems to have a fair amount of endurance. Was excellent in the first half, quieter in the second, but impressive none the less.

Harwood is one tough nut. Got absolutely smashed in a contest early, but came back to impress. My suspicion of a hammy injury was apparently cramp I was told after the game. Runs hard and goes tough at the contest.

Bartlett will be a player. Very quick through the midfieldd. Tired late, however I would be surprised if he is not given a chance in the seniors at some stage this season.

I also saw some good things in Jesse O'Brien. Needs to put on a bit of wieght.

Good news with Bart McCulloch getting through the game well. Did not set the world on fire, but he will get better with more game time. Sam Sheldon was the same. Did not do too much, but got through OK, so that is a start.

Bryce Retzlaff played very minimal time, took a couple of good grabs, and got a few posessions.

Cornelius played a very good first half (yes TBD, had a bit of Acorn love going on for a while). His lead up play was excellent, provide a great target and made the contest time after time. If Browny needs to rest, he will play. He ripped the bandage off his face in the second half (he had a few stiches in a cut next to his eye before the game, he said before the game that his temple was still a bit sore) and after the bandage went, he faded out a bit.

Austion had an average game, and I seriously could not believe that Collier was named in our best. He was OK, but I seriously question his decision making ability.

Claye Beams did some nice things, but just does not seem strong enough yet to take on the bigger bodies. Yoshi was quiet.

Finally Niall McKeever was named our best, well I must have simply been watching a different game:eek: He is an athelete for sure, and there is a heap of upside with him. I seriously look forward to him delevoping. A near 200cm athlete of his potential might just end up being a great pick up. Just seems to get lost from time to time, but that would be expected. Jim Stynes was nearly 200cm, took him a while to settle in, if Niall could be half as good.........

Got some pictures that I will upload tomorrow.

Oh, and awesome to see a few of the seniors make the trip to support the boys.

Shermo was there early. He had been down the beach for a swim. Overheard him saying that his leg was still a bit tender.

King of the kids, Luke Power, Riska, Charmo, Leuy and Jed were all there, having a bit of kick to kick at half time:thumbsu:

Also was great to see Pat Garner there supporting the boys. Still seems to be very popular with the players:thumbsu:

McCauley - head and shoulders above the rest. Terrific game.
Bunno - busted a gut, didn't ever look like hurting the opposition, though.
Hanley - polished and busy.
Others - Ranged from bit-part performances to downright ordinary. Happy with how Bartlett's coming along, though. Hope his ankle/foot's OK.

Some pics from yesterday. More 'ere.

4553628937_754d526042.jpg

4553628131_06448d3f2a.jpg

4554262986_315a650c0c.jpg

4553627199_af2c569a25.jpg

4553624767_7da11fc8b5.jpg

4554259996_57a77e01ef.jpg

4553623283_0fe0e1074e.jpg

4553622709_8d4096b3b6.jpg

4553621629_7aac73082c.jpg

4553629923_ec37c92770.jpg

So BG you have MR on a diet. I hope you have the whip out.
If its anything like at my place the only reason I go on a diet is because the Mrs has decided to go on one and if she has to suffer then so do I.
Actually, he put himself on a diet, it had nothing to do with me. I decided to go on it with him for support. He's done extremely well and lost 16 kilo's since early March. :thumbsu:
I have to tell you it's been hard for him to give up the pies and hot chips at the footy. But he's come through with flying colours. :):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, he put himself on a diet, it had nothing to do with me. I decided to go on it with him for support. He's done extremely well and lost 16 kilo's since early March. :thumbsu:
I have to tell you it's been hard for him to give up the pies and hot chips at the footy. But he's come through with flying colours. :):thumbsu:

Setting himself to be a top-up player for the ressies then? :D

Hopefully will make it down to the leafy green suburbs on Sunday.

Wow, any injuries so far plus how is Bartlett and Adcock going? Cheers!

Adcock looking polished played as full back at times. Haven't noticed Bartlett much. Barry a spark up forward early.

Magpies kick their first goal since first quarter to make it 160-27

Adcock looking polished played as full back at times. Haven't noticed Bartlett much. Barry a spark up forward early.

Magpies kick their first goal since first quarter to make it 160-27
Thankyou very much:thumbsu: Adcock should be back next week! Shame about Callum Bartlett, will still need a few weeks before he gets use to the pace of the game and regains full match fitness!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back