Lions Reserves 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Fev will be dropped because of injury (or he'll use that card regardless) and Acorn should come in. He's a good egg and will probably become useful for us in the future.

Glad the reserves got a win.

Great to see Yoshi getting in the best. Beams in there again as well and you would have to think he would be in line for a game at some stage this year given how poorly we are going. Retzlaff also not without a chance you would think as well of getting a taste.

I tell you what as well McRae has been doing a pretty good job getting the young guys ready to play when they get the chance in the seniors. Rocky early, now Harwood have both looked at home. Other youngsters like Cornelius and Proud have also looked better late in the season after time in the seconds. A lot of criticism has been aimed at McRae and his appointment but I think he has continued to show that he works well with the really young players.

A-Corn probably missed another 4 or 5 "gettable" ones. Beams terrific; must have had a dozen clearances and well over 30 possies. Bart did a hammy in the process of slotting a goal-of-the-year contender in the opening five minutes.

A-Corn probably missed another 4 or 5 "gettable" ones. Beams terrific; must have had a dozen clearances and well over 30 possies. Bart did a hammy in the process of slotting a goal-of-the-year contender in the opening five minutes.

A-Corn's finishing was not the greatest, but he presented very well.

Loved the snap goal from O'Brien late in the game. Will download a couple of the photos taken.

Also, Bryce was a good presence across half forward and was able to link up with Beams plenty of times.

Not sure TJ was our best, but Adcock was like a missile out there today, threw himself at every contest:thumbsu:

20u6c1s.jpg

Best on field?? Not sure. Played a solid game though:thumbsu:

2wd0dhw.jpg

A-Corn on a strong lead.

289h6qc.jpg

Great effort by A-Corn for most of the match:thumbsu:

wqo3r6.jpg

Sammy didn't set the world on fire, played a fair bit on the ball.​

jgh6dh.jpg

Yoshi made this tackle stick:thumbsu:

ir0pkg.jpg

Now I don't want to go 'out of bounce' with this comment, but maybe he is worth a run at some stage this year. Presented well, needs to be a bit better with his disposal, but he is looking better each game:thumbsu:

33th3k1.jpg

Seriously sensational snap goal by Jesse O'Brien:eek:

3qzaq.jpg

10r1npk.jpg

It was at a very important time in the game, and didn't the boys enjoy it:thumbsu:

He'd make Luke Power look tall.

OK, makes sense.

He threw his body around quite well on a few occasions. Looked OK at times.

#23, a big fella made his presence felt at times as well.

Also #39, played out of the goal square for a while. Big fella for a top up player:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see the boys had a win. Interested to hear about Adcock. Personally i think we should put him on ice, i think his body needs a rest. His feet and quads have failed him in recent season. An extended lay off might have him cherry ripe for next season. Nothing to be gained from he playing this season (i know footballers want to play) but his injury history should be considered.

What is Retzlaff like when the ball is on the ground? Defensive work?

Surely we should elevate Beams to the Senior list???

Also, it would be good to see Retzlaff play in the seniors this year. I am just not sure how we can fit him in to our team given Brown, Cornelius, Staker and Mitch Clark are obviously all ahead of him, and we have a problem at the best of times with being outpaced by our opponents. His only hope would be if one of those guys missed one of the remaining games, unless we decide to just say 'stuff it' and give him a go anyway. The other alternative could be dropping Patfull, playing Clark at centre half back and playing Retzlaff on the forward line.

Surely we should elevate Beams to the Senior list???

Also, it would be good to see Retzlaff play in the seniors this year. I am just not sure how we can fit him in to our team given Brown, Cornelius, Staker and Mitch Clark are obviously all ahead of him, and we have a problem at the best of times with being outpaced by our opponents. His only hope would be if one of those guys missed one of the remaining games, unless we decide to just say 'stuff it' and give him a go anyway. The other alternative could be dropping Patfull, playing Clark at centre half back and playing Retzlaff on the forward line.

Agree 100%. IMO Beams must play a couple of games (just going on reports I have read here).

I would be hesitant to put Retzlaff into the seniors this year. I'd be guided by those who see the Reserves footy but TBD's comment that Retzlaff feels rushed at AFLQ level may be a sign that he needs more time. If he is rushed at local level, he'll really struggle at senior level.

I am just happy that we've got a tall player who is actually developing and showing regular signs of improvement. After the injury problems of Garner, Tyler, McCulluch, Leuenberger, Clark etc over the past few years, it is nice to see a tall 1st year player playing regularly and impressing with his development. Good signs. If he comes good (and he has a long way to go), it will be a masterstroke of recruitment.

No excuses this weekend people to get out and see the 2's have a run at Mt.Gravatt.

After their win last weekend, a few hundred more might perk 'em up for another one. :thumbsu::footy:

Just a question to those who regularly attend the reserves games. Is there a first/second year player who has spent most of their season in the ressies and has potential with the help of a big preseason to come straight in and play in the 1's at the start of the season.

I think we had 2 great examples last season in Rockliff and Banfield.. From memory Banfield showed slight signs in his 1st year but was not expected to have such a big impact this season.. Are Harwood and Beams the best shots?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back