2nds Lions Reserves 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Polec is someone who is really going to be helped out by a couple of solid preseasons. He showed in and AFL game that he will go when it's his turn, and that's all you need from an outside finisher like him. As long as he can win his own ball that's fine, we don't need him borrowing into packs. Having a player of his attributes doing the grunt work is bad coaching IMO. I think some time in the gym and more fitness will see him up and firing. I don't expect him to come in a dominate next year, but i would expect to see him in 12+ senior games.

I agree that Polec could come along way with a couple more years under him.

The only concern I have Polec is his attitude. How badly does he really want to make it? Will he be prepared to do the hard yards on and off the field? I say this because he kind of comes across as someone who has had a bit of an easy road up until this year, and he seemed to have a bit too much confidence in himself.

Although I have seen enough of him at the senior level to know the kid can sure as hell play. That game at the MCG where he stood up in a number of contest situations told me he definitely is not just a one-trick pony - he has the ability to handle a contest.

Im hoping that Golby gets another run in the Seniors this year.

We have a hole at backpocket that needs to be filled, it would be good to get another look at him to decide whether he gets promoted of the rookie list on a permananent basis.

Tomorrow's side vs GC17. Last chance to see the boys in Brisbane for the year, folks, so get on down to Coorparoo and show yer support. :thumbsu:

B: D Barry C Bernasconi L Russ
HB: T Collier B Harvey R Newell
C: J Polec D Rich J Dyson
HF: M Austin B Retzlaff R Harwood
F: J Green B McCauley A Buchanan
R: B McCulloch R Bewick C Bartlett
IC: S Clarke A Kitching C Carseldine M Dillon D Russo J Freeman

Broc's done the lion's share of the rucking duties. His actual tap work's been outstanding. Bart's best work has been up forward of late.
Thanks.

Next question. The Reserves' fullback. I assume that is a typo and that the Italian Prime Minister will be lining up in defence on the weekend?

Cam Bernasconi from Mt. Gravatt (we've exhausted our supply of Western Magpie top-ups, it seems). Played last week, too. He has Morningside's Lachie Russ alongside him in the back pocket. Not a bad little player.

Speaking of top-ups, GC17 has Labrador's highly-rated senior player Steve Wrigley stripping for them. How does that work!? :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam Bernasconi from Mt. Gravatt (we've exhausted our supply of Western Magpie top-ups, it seems). Played last week, too. He has Morningside's Lachie Russ alongside him in the back pocket. Not a bad little player.

Speaking of top-ups, GC17 has Labrador's highly-rated senior player Steve Wrigley stripping for them. How does that work!? :confused:

It's absolute rot Rip. GC can basically choose who they like for top up players, despite not having any restrictions on how many listed players they can field.

I have a feeling Wrigley may have been invited to the State Screening, GC could be looking at picking him up? I'm not sure. It's ridiculous he is even playing for them in the first place.:rolleyes:

GC chewed it over and decided not to bother.

Quality pun. I wish I had something Extra to add.

patrick-karnezis.jpg

3/4 time.

Lions 9.15.69
Suns 10.5.65

Suns kicking to the scoring end in the last, we will have to do better than the 8 straight behinds we managed in the second kicking to the Non-condemned end of Coorparoo.

3/4 time.

Lions 9.15.69
Suns 10.5.65

Suns kicking to the scoring end in the last, we will have to do better than the 8 straight behinds we managed in the second kicking to the Non-condemned end of Coorparoo.

Thanks for score.

Any standouts this week CTD to boost their promotion prospects?

11.17 to 12.7.

Good win, would have won by more if we could have kicked straight.

Rich, Harwood, big Bart and Retzy (if he could kick straight he would have been better:p) all played well.

Possies count for Rich, Bartlett and Harwood?

Retzy's first quarter was phenomenal. If he had his kicking boots on he would have almost sealed the game then and there.

Rich looked a class or two above but perhaps a little harder for him to read the game at this lower level. Went deep into defense late and made some seriously crucial plays.

Harwood was prolific early and kept finding it. Kept trying to kick in board though which resulted in some nightmarish turnovers.

Polec did not have a good game at all. Little impact and wasn't running hard in the fourth quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back