Lions Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Hear is the scenario you and all Lions Priority 2 & 3 category members want to happen
First and foremost we need to win v Geelong or you can forget it.
Second you want Richmond to win which is as good a chance as anything.
It those two things happen the Lions become "Completing Club 1 " as we finished ahead of Richmond in the H & A season
Getting all you guys interested now aren't i.
Now look at the below dates and see where Priority 2 & 3 sit in the pecking order
Yes you get to purchase tickets BEFORE any Richmond members
What i don't know is what is the Lions/completing club 1 allocation. So could still be an issue. But some hope.

When will tickets go on sale?
Tuesday 20 OctoberCompeting Club 1 On-SalePriority 1: 8am - 10am (AEST)
Priority 2: 11am - 1pm (AEST)
Priority 3: 2pm - 4pm (AEST)
Wednesday 21 OctoberCompeting Club 2 On-SalePriority 1: 8am - 10am (AEST)
Priority 2: 11am - 1pm (AEST)
Priority 3: 2pm - 4pm (AEST)
*Dates and times subject to change. Eligible members will get a confirmation of dates & times via email and SMS should the Brisbane Lions qualify.

When they first announced the stadium as 75% they said 8,600 tickets to members of each competing club

Port will likely use their full allocation as people can travel, but i believe Richmond have less than 4,000 Qld members and unsold richmond tickets would be offered first to lions fans.

When they first announced the stadium as 75% they said 8,600 tickets to members of each competing club

Port will likely use their full allocation as people can travel, but i believe Richmond have less than 4,000 Qld members and unsold richmond tickets would be offered first to lions fans.
Yeah they released the QLD based member figures of all finals clubs a few weeks ago, Richmond had 3,000 odd members here. If you’re in Category 2 or 3 (I’m Cat 2) definitely hope Richmond make it for two big reasons.

1. They’ll have 4000-5000 spare seats left over.

2. Brisbane will become the 1st competing team and have the 8000 Brisbane tickets go on sale Tuesday. Richmond members would then get access to theirs Wednesday, with the left over tickets going back on sale to Brisbane members probably early Thursday morning. That’s probably the best bet any cat 2 or 3 member has of attending this year.

Their may be enough Richmond fans not from Vic & NSW to make up the remaining numbers.
Hopefully not as more for Lions members
This is Richmond's Grand final ticket eligibility
Not an easy path to get into Priority 1 or 2 at Richmond

Priority 1 (guaranteed ticket if purchased within the specific on-sale time): 2020 Premiership Circle - Great Southern Stand, Ponsford, Olympic (excluding Premiership Circle Provisional members), 3121, Club XII, Maurice Rioli Club, Richmond Executive, Legends Club, Jacks Club, Life Members, Yellow & Black (50 year consecutive years) & Platinum members (25-49 year consecutive years)

Priority 2: All Gold 10-24-year consecutive year access members & Silver 5-9-year consecutive access members

Priority 3: All remaining 2020 access members

Their may be enough Richmond fans not from Vic & NSW to make up the remaining numbers.
Hopefully not as more for Lions members
This is Richmond's Grand final ticket eligibility
Not an easy path to get into Priority 1 or 2 at Richmond

Priority 1 (guaranteed ticket if purchased within the specific on-sale time): 2020 Premiership Circle - Great Southern Stand, Ponsford, Olympic (excluding Premiership Circle Provisional members), 3121, Club XII, Maurice Rioli Club, Richmond Executive, Legends Club, Jacks Club, Life Members, Yellow & Black (50 year consecutive years) & Platinum members (25-49 year consecutive years)

Priority 2: All Gold 10-24-year consecutive year access members & Silver 5-9-year consecutive access members

Priority 3: All remaining 2020 access members

I don’t understand what all those priority one Richmond groups are. Are there likely to be many non vic people in them? The less than 4000 was qld members, but obviously expect fans from northern nsw, sa and wherever else is ok for travel to qld to add to that number.

If it’s port, as fans can all travel so expect them to sell out straight away.

I don’t understand what all those priority one Richmond groups are. Are there likely to be many non vic people in them? The less than 4000 was qld members, but obviously expect fans from northern nsw, sa and wherever else is ok for travel to qld to add to that number.

If it’s port, as fans can all travel so expect them to sell out straight away.
I don't fully understand them all either but i would imaging most are located in Victoria
I checked out the different membership costs on the Richmond site about a month ago. Can't access membership area now as finals have started
The monthly fees for some of them are mind blowing, well for me anyhow

I don't fully understand them all either but i would imaging most are located in Victoria
I checked out the different membership costs on the Richmond site about a month ago. Can't access membership area now as finals have started

I suppose with a massive membership base they need some way of separating out for different bonuses. I believe September membership in some of the bigger clubs means you get to go into a ballot for the right to buy a ticket to the GF - like we were in the first games back when we had 10k crowds.

Being backwater in AFL terms might be an advantage. Also helps that our rise has been too fast from such a low point the fair weather fans haven had time to displace us long termers. And I’m only 12 years membership so probably can’t even call myself a long temper, though I did join 2009 so have seen really crap times.

A good mate of mine pays just on $1,000 a year for his Richmond membership (as well as $500 a year for his MCC membership). Not sure what 'level' his Richmond membership is, but he has a reserved seat at the G for their home games there and is guaranteed a GF ticket (additional cost of course). Not sure if that gets him into away games at the G, or Marvel, certainly not a reserved seat.

Issue for members of the big clubs is you need to pay up to get the benefits, such as a guaranteed GF seat. As a 'smaller' club like ours, paying just $40 a year for a September Member upgrade, which guarantees you access to a GF ticket, is piddly compared to what members of clubs such as Richmond have to fork out for that luxury.

Anyone complaining about the cost of a ticket to the prelim/GF (which I have seen on a few of the social media Lions groups) should put that into perspective.

A VIC+ September member it's about $300, for no reserve seat, access to the 5 games in Melbourne, additional games at the G (cos we all like to go and watch other clubs play), and guaranteed access to a GF ticket should we participate. It's pretty expensive, especially this year when we haven't been able to attend a game. Almost comparable to the $1,000 paid by my mate given they have double the games as the home side in Melbourne.

Last edited:
A good mate of mine pays just on $1,000 a year for his Richmond membership (as well as $500 a year for his MCC membership). Not sure what 'level' his Richmond membership is, but he has a reserved seat at the G for their home games there and is guaranteed a GF ticket (additional cost of course). Not sure if that gets him into away games at the G, or Marvel, certainly not a reserved seat.

Issue for members of the big clubs is you need to pay up to get the benefits, such as a guaranteed GF seat. As a 'smaller' club like ours, paying just $40 a year for a September Member upgrade, which guarantees you access to a GF ticket, is piddly compared to what members of clubs such as Richmond have to fork out for that luxury.

Anyone complaining about the cost of a ticket to the prelim/GF (which I have seen on a few of the social media Lions groups) should put that into perspective.

A VIC+ September member it's about $300, for no reserve seat, access to the 5 games in Melbourne, additional games at the G (cos we all like to go and watch other clubs play), and guaranteed access to a GF ticket should we participate. It's pretty expensive, especially this year when we haven't been able to attend a game. Almost comparable to the $1,000 paid by my mate given they have double the games as the home side in Melbourne.
Any club membership for people in Melbourne and probably Sydney this year is nearly a donation
Some may have paused or cancelled their membership at the big clubs but unlikely as it may push them right back to square one for future Finals tickets
It was a good way for clubs to retain fees without posting massive losses for this year

I made a post about if the Lions make the GF it will be the cheapest anyone in Brisbane will ever have to pay for a GF ticket in their lifetime
No cost for exorbitant airfares, then accommodation and even getting to and from the airport is expensive

Any club membership for people in Melbourne and probably Sydney this year is nearly a donation
Some may have paused or cancelled their membership at the big clubs but unlikely as it may push them right back to square one for future Finals tickets
It was a good way for clubs to retain fees without posting massive losses for this year

I made a post about if the Lions make the GF it will be the cheapest anyone in Brisbane will ever have to pay for a GF ticket in their lifetime
No cost for exorbitant airfares, then accommodation and even getting to and from the airport is expensive
absolutely :thumbsu:

I got one Lions game and two GWS games. Worked out to be similar value for money for both memberships.

Anyone incorrectly get given the wrong priority category on their email and had success getting it overturned? I thought it was going to happen to me after having issues across the year so far but I was lucky this time and got P1. My mate never got notified of any problems with his September membership rolling over (like I incorrectly did) and had ever up with P2... He hasn't responded about whether he attempted contacting the club though yet.

Just to rub salt into the wounds did you also pay the equivalent of September membership for both
I'm Priority 1 for both (September member for Brisbane, second highest membership level for GWS).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanted to go through the team and think back on the season, so I wrote down a short thought about each player even if some didn't need anything said and had a look to see when they are contracted to. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone and please forgive any spelling errors and ramblings.

1. Brock Smith – Contracted 2021: No games hopefully next year gets to show his run off half back in the reserves and push for 1st team selection.

2. Deven Robertson – Contracted 2021: Played round 1, might be our biggest loser from the COVID shutdown, who knows if he would have got a run of games and what might of happened. But hopefully a big preseason will see him pushing for round 1 selection.

3. Allen Christensen – OOC: No games most likely delisted, was great last year, if he wants to go on hopefully he gets picked up.

4. Callum Ah Chee – Contracted 2022/2023: Played every game but round 1, thought he got better as the year went on and will be a permanent fixture in the team going forward.

5. Mitch Robinson – Contracted 2021: Played every game, brings intensity and effort every minute of every game, however was down on his 2019 form but played a slightly different role in 2020. Might be on the fringes of the team next year.

6. Hugh McCluggage – Contracted 2021: Played every game, class player and if his kicking for goal was better would have been All Australian. Sign him to a 5 year deal.

7. Jarrod Berry – Contracted 2024: Missed 2 games with a shoulder, going to be an important cog in the side as we push for a premiership. Next year I hope to see him get more of the ball and start averaging 20 touches a game.

8. Ely Smith – Contracted 2022: No games, hard to see where he’s at with no scratch match coverage this year.

9. Lachie Neale – Contracted 2023: BROWNLOW, ALL AUSTRALIAN AND CLUB B&F (to come)

10. Daniel Rich – Contracted 2021: Missed rounds 9, 10 and 13 with a hammy and 12 by suspension. Elite kicking and only lost 1 defensive 1 on 1 all year.

11. Lincoln McCarthy – Contracted 2021: Suspended round 15 and injured round 17. Kicked 15 goals and provided a decent target with his leap at the ball.

12. Stefan Martin – OOC: Missed extended periods of the year with injury. Been a wonderful clubman but 2020 will probably be his last year especially if list sizes are reduced.

13. Thomas Berry – Contracted 2022: Played 6 games. Showed a bit; courage with that mark and has speed to chase and tackle. Needs to improve his skills by foot to push for a spot in the 22 next year.

14. Grant Birchall - Contracted with a trigger for 2021: Was serviceable and took the ‘difficult’ kick coming out of d50 and made the team a more corridor team, remarkably only missed 3 games during the year (A+ to the medical team). I would contract him next year but only play if injury permits and maybe play 10ish games in the VFL team.

15. Dayne Zorko – Contracted 2021: Missed round 3 and 5 with the achilles problem. Still had a fantastic year but maybe slightly down on years past. I think will play more forward again next year.

16. Cam Rayner – Contracted 2021: Missed rounds 11 and 12 in injury. Took more marks around the ground and had a lot of score involvements. Hopefully, he can explode into 2021 with more power and endurance. Sign him up on a 3 year deal.

17. Jarryd Lyons – Contracted 2021: Played every game. Super consistent throughout the year only had 2 regular season games below 20 touches. How did the lions get him for nothing? Asses at the end of 2021 for a contract extension.

18. Keidean Coleman – Contracted 2021: Played rounds 15-18 plus a final. Looked lively when he came into the team applying forward half pressure and looks like he has plenty of time with the ball. Pushing for best 22 next year.

19. Jacob Allison (R) – OOC: No games. Most likely delisted.

20. Cedric Cox – OOC: No games. The likes of T Berry and Coleman have gone past him and will most likely be delisted.

21. Sam Skinner (R) – OOC: Played rounds 9 and 10. One of the hardest luck stories of the AFL with 3 knee recos have put a dent in his career. Unfortunately, will probably be delisted.

22. Mitchell Hinge – OOC: Played round 10. Been on the list for 4 years. Most likely delisted

23. Charlie Cameron – Contracted 2025: Played every game. Had a slight dip in form when he was playing sore. Thought he was better this year even though he kicked fewer goals playing up the ground more.

24. Marcus Adams – Contracted 2022: Played round 1. Medical team need to get him right for next year to give him the opportunity to push for the best 22.

25. Daniel McStay – Contracted 2022: Missed rounds 9 and 10 via suspension. Looked like he was going to set the competition on fire after his game against Port but never really got to that level again but still played an important role for the team around the ground. His position in the side will be under threat next year with the signing of Daniher.

26. Connor McFadyen – Contracted 2021: No games, hard to see where he’s at with no scratch match coverage this year.

27. Darcy Gardiner – Contracted 2022: Played every game but missed the prelim. Always does the job and his performances when Andrews was out showed why he’s held in such high regard around the club. Only 25 so still has at least 5 years of good footy ahead.

28. Cam Ellis-Yolman – Contracted 2022: Played 8 games plus a prelim. Provided depth for the midfield but failed to make a huge impact on the team.

29. Alex Witherden – Contracted 2022: Played round 1 and 9 to 13. Kept out of the side by the Birchall and Rich partnership. I thought he was pretty good when he came into the side but his defensive positioning and mainly lack of speed kept him out of the side. Really would like to see him push for selection next year but might be on the trade table if there is a list squeeze.

30. Eric Hipwood – Contracted 2023: Played every game. Very important to the team around the ground and attacked the ball in the air exceptionally well in the 2nd half of the year, if not for his wayward goal kicking could of kicked 35+ goals instead on 24 goals 19.

31. Harris Andrews – Contracted 2025: Missed rounds 16 to 18 due to injury. Not much needs to be said rock solid and deserved the All Australian nod again. Future captain.

32. Thomas Joyce – Contracted 2021: No games, hard to see where he’s at with no scratch match coverage this year.

33. Zac Bailey – Contracted 2021: Played every game. The biggest improver this year and really cemented himself in the lions long term plans going forward. Next year may see him take robbos spot on the wing, sign him up for 3 more years.

34. Toby Wooller – OOC: No games. Will most likely be delisted.

35. Ryan Lester – OOC: Didn’t play round 1 but then only missed 4 games due to injury. Where did this year come from? Was very reliable throughout the year and should be offered a 1 year extension. Will provide good injury coverage in 2021 if he isn’t in the best 22 come round 1 2021.

36. Rhys Mathieson – Contracted 2021: 1 game for beast mode this year. His disposals just aren’t quite up to AFL standard, has 1 more year to turn it around and provide injury cover to the midfield. Maybe an outside chance to be traded if required to get Daniher as his good mate Parish plays for the dons, so might be open for the opportunity to play more footy.

37. Brandon Starcevich – Contracted 2021: Missed round 17 due to concussion but played the rest. Another like Bailey, super consistent performer throughout the year and will be part of the lions long term plans. He also might push for Mitch’s wing position in 2021, sign him up for 3 more.

38. Connor Ballenden – Contracted 2021: Played 2 games in rounds 9 and 10 and showed that he has elite kicking skills and can take a mark on the lead. However need to improve his combativeness and hit the packs and ground balls with more aggression, still only young and I think there’s a quote that says a small bloke has 5 minutes to show me he can play but a big bloke has 5 years to show me he can’t.

39. Corey Lyons (R) – OOC: No games. Most likely delisted.

40. Jack Payne – Contracted 2021: Played 4 games plus a prelim. A bit overawed in his 1st game, but showed he has what it takes to make it in footy when Andrews was injured. Pushing for best 22 next year and if he does sign him up for a couple.

41. Matt Eagles (R) – OOC: Played 2 games in rounds 11 and 12. Didn’t set the world on fire but brought effort, probably delisted from all reports he’s a great person around the club so will be missed.

42. James Madden (R) – Contracted 2021: No games. From reports he has a lot of pace so hopefully next year sees him develop into a Hanley type backman in the VFL.

43. Noah Answerth – Contracted 2022: Played round 1 then didn’t play again until round 9 before injury put a halt to his season in round 18. Was surprised that he wasn’t in the side after the break but when he did come in played his role as a lock down defender well. 2021 should see him become an important member of the 22.

44. Archie Smith (R) – Contracted 2021: Played 5 games and was unfortunately injured as well when Stef was out so never really got an extended run. Was ok against Nic Nat and has 1 more year to show what he’s got especially if Stef retires.

45. Jaxon Prior - Contracted 2021: No games, hard to see where he’s at with no scratch match coverage this year.

46. Oscar McInerney - Contracted 2021: Played every game. Stood up and became the number 1 ruck when Stef went down and proved he is the man going forward. At 26 a 3 year deal seems reasonable.

47. Tom Fullarton (R) – Contracted 2021: Only played a game and a bit but during that time showed why the lions are bullish on him, plenty of athleticism and competitiveness around the ground. I expect him to be around the 1st team next year.

BRING ON 2021 :brisbane::brisbane::brisbane::brisbane::brisbane::brisbane:

Wanted to go through the team and think back on the season, so I wrote down a short thought about each player even if some didn't need anything said and had a look to see when they are contracted to. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone and please forgive any spelling errors and ramblings.

1. Brock Smith – Contracted 2021: No games hopefully next year gets to show his run off half back in the reserves and push for 1st team selection.

2. Deven Robertson – Contracted 2021: Played round 1, might be our biggest loser from the COVID shutdown, who knows if he would have got a run of games and what might of happened. But hopefully a big preseason will see him pushing for round 1 selection.

3. Allen Christensen – OOC: No games most likely delisted, was great last year, if he wants to go on hopefully he gets picked up.

4. Callum Ah Chee – Contracted 2022/2023: Played every game but round 1, thought he got better as the year went on and will be a permanent fixture in the team going forward.

5. Mitch Robinson – Contracted 2021: Played every game, brings intensity and effort every minute of every game, however was down on his 2019 form but played a slightly different role in 2020. Might be on the fringes of the team next year.

6. Hugh McCluggage – Contracted 2021: Played every game, class player and if his kicking for goal was better would have been All Australian. Sign him to a 5 year deal.

7. Jarrod Berry – Contracted 2024: Missed 2 games with a shoulder, going to be an important cog in the side as we push for a premiership. Next year I hope to see him get more of the ball and start averaging 20 touches a game.

8. Ely Smith – Contracted 2022: No games, hard to see where he’s at with no scratch match coverage this year.

9. Lachie Neale – Contracted 2023: BROWNLOW, ALL AUSTRALIAN AND CLUB B&F (to come)

10. Daniel Rich – Contracted 2021: Missed rounds 9, 10 and 13 with a hammy and 12 by suspension. Elite kicking and only lost 1 defensive 1 on 1 all year.

11. Lincoln McCarthy – Contracted 2021: Suspended round 15 and injured round 17. Kicked 15 goals and provided a decent target with his leap at the ball.

12. Stefan Martin – OOC: Missed extended periods of the year with injury. Been a wonderful clubman but 2020 will probably be his last year especially if list sizes are reduced.

13. Thomas Berry – Contracted 2022: Played 6 games. Showed a bit; courage with that mark and has speed to chase and tackle. Needs to improve his skills by foot to push for a spot in the 22 next year.

14. Grant Birchall - Contracted with a trigger for 2021: Was serviceable and took the ‘difficult’ kick coming out of d50 and made the team a more corridor team, remarkably only missed 3 games during the year (A+ to the medical team). I would contract him next year but only play if injury permits and maybe play 10ish games in the VFL team.

15. Dayne Zorko – Contracted 2021: Missed round 3 and 5 with the achilles problem. Still had a fantastic year but maybe slightly down on years past. I think will play more forward again next year.

16. Cam Rayner – Contracted 2021: Missed rounds 11 and 12 in injury. Took more marks around the ground and had a lot of score involvements. Hopefully, he can explode into 2021 with more power and endurance. Sign him up on a 3 year deal.

17. Jarryd Lyons – Contracted 2021: Played every game. Super consistent throughout the year only had 2 regular season games below 20 touches. How did the lions get him for nothing? Asses at the end of 2021 for a contract extension.

18. Keidean Coleman – Contracted 2021: Played rounds 15-18 plus a final. Looked lively when he came into the team applying forward half pressure and looks like he has plenty of time with the ball. Pushing for best 22 next year.

19. Jacob Allison (R) – OOC: No games. Most likely delisted.

20. Cedric Cox – OOC: No games. The likes of T Berry and Coleman have gone past him and will most likely be delisted.

21. Sam Skinner (R) – OOC: Played rounds 9 and 10. One of the hardest luck stories of the AFL with 3 knee recos have put a dent in his career. Unfortunately, will probably be delisted.

22. Mitchell Hinge – OOC: Played round 10. Been on the list for 4 years. Most likely delisted

23. Charlie Cameron – Contracted 2025: Played every game. Had a slight dip in form when he was playing sore. Thought he was better this year even though he kicked fewer goals playing up the ground more.

24. Marcus Adams – Contracted 2022: Played round 1. Medical team need to get him right for next year to give him the opportunity to push for the best 22.

25. Daniel McStay – Contracted 2022: Missed rounds 9 and 10 via suspension. Looked like he was going to set the competition on fire after his game against Port but never really got to that level again but still played an important role for the team around the ground. His position in the side will be under threat next year with the signing of Daniher.

26. Connor McFadyen – Contracted 2021: No games, hard to see where he’s at with no scratch match coverage this year.

27. Darcy Gardiner – Contracted 2022: Played every game but missed the prelim. Always does the job and his performances when Andrews was out showed why he’s held in such high regard around the club. Only 25 so still has at least 5 years of good footy ahead.

28. Cam Ellis-Yolman – Contracted 2022: Played 8 games plus a prelim. Provided depth for the midfield but failed to make a huge impact on the team.

29. Alex Witherden – Contracted 2022: Played round 1 and 9 to 13. Kept out of the side by the Birchall and Rich partnership. I thought he was pretty good when he came into the side but his defensive positioning and mainly lack of speed kept him out of the side. Really would like to see him push for selection next year but might be on the trade table if there is a list squeeze.

30. Eric Hipwood – Contracted 2023: Played every game. Very important to the team around the ground and attacked the ball in the air exceptionally well in the 2nd half of the year, if not for his wayward goal kicking could of kicked 35+ goals instead on 24 goals 19.

31. Harris Andrews – Contracted 2025: Missed rounds 16 to 18 due to injury. Not much needs to be said rock solid and deserved the All Australian nod again. Future captain.

32. Thomas Joyce – Contracted 2021: No games, hard to see where he’s at with no scratch match coverage this year.

33. Zac Bailey – Contracted 2021: Played every game. The biggest improver this year and really cemented himself in the lions long term plans going forward. Next year may see him take robbos spot on the wing, sign him up for 3 more years.

34. Toby Wooller – OOC: No games. Will most likely be delisted.

35. Ryan Lester – OOC: Didn’t play round 1 but then only missed 4 games due to injury. Where did this year come from? Was very reliable throughout the year and should be offered a 1 year extension. Will provide good injury coverage in 2021 if he isn’t in the best 22 come round 1 2021.

36. Rhys Mathieson – Contracted 2021: 1 game for beast mode this year. His disposals just aren’t quite up to AFL standard, has 1 more year to turn it around and provide injury cover to the midfield. Maybe an outside chance to be traded if required to get Daniher as his good mate Parish plays for the dons, so might be open for the opportunity to play more footy.

37. Brandon Starcevich – Contracted 2021: Missed round 17 due to concussion but played the rest. Another like Bailey, super consistent performer throughout the year and will be part of the lions long term plans. He also might push for Mitch’s wing position in 2021, sign him up for 3 more.

38. Connor Ballenden – Contracted 2021: Played 2 games in rounds 9 and 10 and showed that he has elite kicking skills and can take a mark on the lead. However need to improve his combativeness and hit the packs and ground balls with more aggression, still only young and I think there’s a quote that says a small bloke has 5 minutes to show me he can play but a big bloke has 5 years to show me he can’t.

39. Corey Lyons (R) – OOC: No games. Most likely delisted.

40. Jack Payne – Contracted 2021: Played 4 games plus a prelim. A bit overawed in his 1st game, but showed he has what it takes to make it in footy when Andrews was injured. Pushing for best 22 next year and if he does sign him up for a couple.

41. Matt Eagles (R) – OOC: Played 2 games in rounds 11 and 12. Didn’t set the world on fire but brought effort, probably delisted from all reports he’s a great person around the club so will be missed.

42. James Madden (R) – Contracted 2021: No games. From reports he has a lot of pace so hopefully next year sees him develop into a Hanley type backman in the VFL.

43. Noah Answerth – Contracted 2022: Played round 1 then didn’t play again until round 9 before injury put a halt to his season in round 18. Was surprised that he wasn’t in the side after the break but when he did come in played his role as a lock down defender well. 2021 should see him become an important member of the 22.

44. Archie Smith (R) – Contracted 2021: Played 5 games and was unfortunately injured as well when Stef was out so never really got an extended run. Was ok against Nic Nat and has 1 more year to show what he’s got especially if Stef retires.

45. Jaxon Prior - Contracted 2021: No games, hard to see where he’s at with no scratch match coverage this year.

46. Oscar McInerney - Contracted 2021: Played every game. Stood up and became the number 1 ruck when Stef went down and proved he is the man going forward. At 26 a 3 year deal seems reasonable.

47. Tom Fullarton (R) – Contracted 2021: Only played a game and a bit but during that time showed why the lions are bullish on him, plenty of athleticism and competitiveness around the ground. I expect him to be around the 1st team next year.

BRING ON 2021 :brisbane::brisbane::brisbane::brisbane::brisbane::brisbane:
Great review. Only comment I would make is I think Hinge in his 1 game showed enough to at least get another year.

Something has to have gone on behind the scenes with Cedric Cox. He was breaking into the side last year and replaced Robinson in our Round 23 clash against Richmond, yet he's fallen away this year? He's never listed in our emergencies and he seems to have left multiple times to be with family or something. I genially believe form isn't the reason why he isn't in our team.

Something has to have gone on behind the scenes with Cedric Cox. He was breaking into the side last year and replaced Robinson in our Round 23 clash against Richmond, yet he's fallen away this year? He's never listed in our emergencies and he seems to have left multiple times to be with family or something. I genially believe form isn't the reason why he isn't in our team.
Not sure you can call one game replacing a guy who was out, "breaking into the side". He played less games every season from his debut year so I think it's likely that he just didn't come along as much as the club was hoping.

He has ability but 4 years on the list and only 3 career games plus list sizes reducing doesn't bode well for him for 2021.

I guess with list size changes you don't want to load up on development players. He might stay because we've got a readymade replacement.

Not sure you can call one game replacing a guy who was out, "breaking into the side". He played less games every season from his debut year so I think it's likely that he just didn't come along as much as the club was hoping.
And for what ever reason some players just can't make the step up to AFL level but are brilliant at NEAFL/VFL level.

Did he miss the year with an ACL? Not 100% if remembering that right but think thats why he was missing. Still could be an interesting option if he gets himself a shot

Hey y22, hopefully it is a long way off but I have an idea for your tombstone when you pass this mortal coil.

1603082001224.png

Best thing about this year is we've beaten Richmond after a long time and our bogey side Collingwood again. Missed out on Geelong but we did get them last year. Players will start believing that they can beat anybody now.

Time to bring it all together and have a good crack in 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back