Lions & Suns re: picks 1 OR 2

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We need that pick 1 or 2 that you hold.

I see that both of your clubs could do with a ruckman and we have a very promising local on our books.

Pick 4 & Preuss for 1 & 18 (Bris) or 2 & 19 (GC).

Any interest?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Why would you trade Preuss when Goldstein is cooked. Preuss is the one to keep.

Preuss is a Queenslander, therefore has none of the "go home" factors that plague these clubs, has 10 years of football left and is a more attractive trade.

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Suns in need of a ruck? Probably have one of the stronger ruck divisions in the league with Witts, Nicholls and Wright are all AFL quality.

Lions will have Martin, Smith, McInerney and potentially Ballenden. Although if Martin goes the Lions are a bit weak on known AFL quality ruck but no way we trade pick 1 for pick 4 + Preuss.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I see that both of your clubs could do with a ruckman and we have a very promising local on our books.

Any interest?
Preuss on his own goes for a mid/late second round pick, so essentially you want us to pay huge overs for a ruckman that's played 8 games and then downgrade pick 1 or 2 to pick 4 as well.

yeah nah

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Suns in need of a ruck? Probably have one of the stronger ruck divisions in the league with Witts, Nicholls and Wright are all AFL quality.

Lions will have Martin, Smith, McInerney and potentially Ballenden. Although if Martin goes the Lions are a bit weak on known AFL quality ruck but no way we trade pick 1 for pick 4 + Preuss.

My reasoning is that picks 1 & 2 have no particularly greater value than pick 4 as I don't think either club will pick Rayner.

Preuss for 18 or 19 isn't that far off the money in my opinion when you consider his stay home value and he is ready to assume a number 1 ruck mantle at the start of the 2018 season. He's certainly worth more than Brisbanes next pick at 41.

Perhaps one of the other GC picks 22 or 24?

Anyway. I am just spitballing some trades for picks 1 or 2 for Norths pick 4. I am fairly sure North will be hunting one of these picks for Kelly. Feel free to add anything else.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Nope. That's bending either club over a barrel. Forget Preuss.

You can have pick 1 straight up for pick 4 & pick 21.

We're not seeking the trade. You want to move up, you pay overs.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Nope. That's bending either club over a barrel. Forget Preuss.

You can have pick 1 straight up for pick 4 & pick 21.

We're not seeking the trade. You want to move up, you pay overs.

Fair enough, I assume 4 & 21 would be our initial offer to GWS any way.

I'm pretty sure knocking back Preuss will come back to haunt you, but we shall see what the future brings.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

Any interest?
Why do we want to move up? There is little between 1 - 4 this year. We would have taken Raynor at 1 IMO but he is every chance to go 3 or 4. Next year will be a whole new ball game.

With Goldy turning 30 next year we need to keep Preuess.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Preuss a GC academy player? I'm not seeing the logic there for them with Witts playing good footy already and only 24. Smith looks up to it if Martin defects so I don't see the need for Brisbane either. Pretty pointless thread, IMO.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Preuss a GC academy player? I'm not seeing the logic there for them with Witts playing good footy already and only 24. Smith looks up to it if Martin defects so I don't see the need for Brisbane either.

Good points.

Pretty pointless thread, IMO.

This thread isn't solely dedicated to involving Preuss, as I have pointed out.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Good points.

This thread isn't solely dedicated to involving Preuss, as I have pointed out.

The thread title suggests otherwise.

If Kelly chooses North you'll get it done whether you have pick 1, 2 or 4 because he's a generational player and you'll find a way there's no need to force it (as Collingwood did to acquire Aish).

IMO, Goldstein out to say the Bulldogs who are a win now club and see how that lands rather than the deal you speculated on. Only my opinion.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

If Kelly chooses North you'll get it done whether you have pick 1, 2 or 4 because he's a generational player and you'll find a way there's no need to force it (as Collingwood did to acquire Aish).

IMO, Goldstein out to say the Bulldogs who are a win now club and see how that lands rather than the deal you speculated on. Only my opinion.

Don't want him and we are the second youngest team in the league with the recent retirements. We have time.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

I have altered it.

You think the Doggies would part with pick 9? 4 and 9 would get it done.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
I have altered it.

You think the Doggies would part with pick 9? 4 and 9 would get it done.

Not straight up, but it makes more sense to me than moving Preuss.

Don't want him and we are the second youngest team in the league with the recent retirements. We have time.

Far be it from me to tell you where your club is at, but I fell for that trap in 2011-2012 thinking it was going to happen simply because we were young. Trust me strike while the iron is hot!

Goldstein will be the best ruckman on the market if North floats him and you need a ruckman. It allows Roughead to go back suring up your spine and gives Macrea, Bont, Wallace and Libba an armchair ride. Goldstein also has 3-4 years left which is the perfect timeframe to develop English. The only snag is salary which could be an issue, but that can be worked around.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not straight up, but it makes more sense to me than moving Preuss.

Far be it from me to tell you where your club is at, but I fell for that trap in 2011-2012 thinking it was going to happen simply because we were young. Trust me strike while the iron is hot!

Goldstein will be the best ruckman on the market if North floats him and you need a ruckman. It allows Roughead to go back suring up your spine and gives Macrea, Bont, Wallace and Libba an armchair ride. Goldstein also has 3-4 years left which is the perfect timeframe to develop English. The only snag is salary which could be an issue, but that can be worked around.

Goldstein has far too many mental issues and his salary makes him not worth it.. he is also declining rapidly and isn't worth half of what North would want.

He can stay there

Back