Lions to make the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

38Rockliff38

All Australian
Aug 16, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With Carlton, West Coat and North Melbourne all losing, it leaves the door slightly open for the Lions. To make the finals, the following things need to happen:
- Lions to beat Bulldogs
- Port Adelaide to beat Carlton
- Lions to beat Geelong
- Essendon to be stripped of their points

It's a big ask, especially to beat Geelong, but I think the Lions will defeat the bulldogs, and Port will beat the Blues at home. There is a chance.

EDIT: Our low percentage doesn't matter. If we win both games, and Port beat Carlton, We'll have a 4 point lead over 9th place no matter what else happens. 2 out of 4 things have gone right, half way to the finals!

With Carlton, West Coat and North Melbourne all losing, it leaves the door slightly open for the Lions. To make the finals, the following things need to happen:
- Lions to beat Bulldogs
- Port Adelaide to beat Carlton
- Lions to beat Geelong
- Essendon to be stripped of their points

It's a big ask, especially to beat Geelong, but I think the Lions will defeat the bulldogs, and Port will beat the Blues at home. There is a chance.

My tea leaves told me that days ago...

Was just finishing my nightly cup of tea, when I happened to look into the tea leaves in the bottom of the cup. And then it happened! I was bombarded with vision after vision....Angus has resigned and will return to the family baby powder business with his brother; Roos just returned from the Real Estate agents and was about to ring the removalist; the Lions knock off Geelong in the last round to finish 9th, only to play finals after Essendon are booted from the finals; Lions become first side to win Premiership from 9th place; Brown & Black to continue on after both signing 2 year deals; Next weeks winning lotto numbers are....aw crap, the wife just washed the cup!

....I just need the rest to happen! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's win tomorrow and make an effort against the Cats - end the season on a positive note and have something to take into season 2014.

Let's win tomorrow and make an effort against the Cats - end the season on a positive note and have something to take into season 2014.

I think if the Cats come between us and the finals, we'll be putting in a very good effort against them.
If the Lions get a sniff of the finals, they'll hunt down those pussie cats.

32949740.jpg

A true supporter, would be realistic and not acting like a ******* Essendon fan thinking their club is the most perfect thing in the world...

You're the one saying your team has zero chance of making the finals.
I know it's unlikely we'll beat Geelong, but I still have some belief unlike you Mr. bad supporter.

So because I, or some here, don't think we will make or deserve to play finals makes us a lesser supporter.:confused:

There is a difference between 'not thinking we'll make the finals' and 'knowing we won't make the finals'.
I also don't think we'll make the finals, but I know there's a chance, and I'll cheer our boys on right until the end

You're the one saying your team has zero chance of making the finals.
I know it's unlikely we'll beat Geelong, but I still have some belief unlike you Mr. bad supporter.
So despite it being technically impossible to make finals at the moment, relying on an unprecedented event, relying of us winning some stupidly hard games AND the results of other games, I'm a terrible fan for not thinking about finals. Are you like Angus Johnson's twelve year old kid or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back