Preview lions v Cats at the Gabbatoir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Must admit, I’m surprised Dev hasn’t even made the sub. Personally think Zorks should be sub - he can’t play full game time anymore and would be electric coming on late in the third. Aside from Kai coming on and doing that, the list of emergencies that the sub will come from is hardly damaging. Where’s Josh Green when you need him.

Ah Chee and Dunkley are great inclusions.

Dev Robertson super unlucky to be out of the side again. Mulligans for Berry and Rayner after terrible performances against Melbourne. Lyons going out not surprising.

I think Fletcher stays. This could be a match off between Gunners and AhChee. Whoever has the weaker game goes out for Bailey, unless they both kick 5, then they both can stay in.
If it's between Gunston and Ah Chee to come out for Zac I hope we put more emphasis on who has the better defensive game not goals kicked, kicking a score has not been our problem for quite a while.

Maybe Dev is going back to the 2s for more game time?

I like the ins. Ah Chee and Dunks are two great runners.

I think we take them down as it is at the Gabba but it will be close, Geelong has been looking really good the last couple of weeks.

Ah Chee and Dunkley are great inclusions.

Dev Robertson super unlucky to be out of the side again. Mulligans for Berry and Rayner after terrible performances against Melbourne. Lyons going out not surprising.
Per the list of omissions I’ve posted a few times, it was always a given that the omissions were only ever going to come from Lyons, Robertson, Lester, Coleman or Payne (the latter only being dropped prior to establishing himself) so it was no surprise really.

The likes of Berry and Rayner are pets that are undroppable and they know it, hence why they are pretty indifferent to there form knowing they’ll be selected the following week.

Ah Chee a surprise unfortunately due to Bailey out. Expect when Bailey returns it's Fletcher who makes way, even though he's been great IMO.

We should have a better look defensively in the forward half of the ground with our most likely mix being Danniher, Hipwood, Gunston, Rayner, McCarthy, Ah Chee and Zorko. Hopefully it's Rayner that takes the midfield minutes left by Bailey so he can get in the game more and AhChee takes what ever random wing minutes are given to Gunston.
Though I’m sure I am wrong, I do wonder if I Gunston comes out for Ah Chee if bails wasn’t injured? Fages has seemed keen to play Ah Chee.

Maybe Dev is going back to the 2s for more game time?

I like the ins. Ah Chee and Dunks are two great runners.

I think we take them down as it is at the Gabba but it will be close, Geelong has been looking really good the last couple of weeks.
I reckon it would make a lot of sense to send Dev for a full game in the VFL. I haven't checked the timing to see if that is necessary but he could do with a solid game especially if purely in the midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fages did sound VERY keen on Ah Chee after the Richmond game didn’t he.

Don’t mind it, love his effort as a player
He absolutely did, and I think as a role player Ah Chee offer a lot. What we do lack is some role players, we have stars across every line but we still need some role players. I don't think Dev will ever be a superstar (would love to be proven wrong but I don't see it) but what I do think he could be for us is a very solid defensive mid role player, so we can always have at least one defensive minded player at stoppages. I think this is where we have fallen flat over the last couple of years and last week against Melbourne when Gawn was really dominating.

Updated post team selections ... apparently their adjustments were considered better than ours / ours were considered to make us worse ...

Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions 86 - 74 Geelong
Geelong

Gabba (QLD)
HGA:
Brisbane Lions
+7.0 pts
Ins/Outs:
Geelong
+1.1 pts

Updated post team selections ... apparently their adjustments were considered better than ours / ours were considered to make us worse ...

Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions 86 - 74 Geelong
Geelong

Gabba (QLD)
HGA:
Brisbane Lions
+7.0 pts
Ins/Outs:
Geelong
+1.1 pts

I would've thought our changes would have resulted in a slight improvement but Bailey has been pretty damaging. Dunkley over Lyons is a huge upgrade though

I would've thought our changes would have resulted in a slight improvement but Bailey has been pretty damaging. Dunkley over Lyons is a huge upgrade though
Guessing most people would pick Dunkley over Lyons.
If you could only have one in your team ... historically that would certainly have been Bailey over Ah Chee...

shrugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back