What’s a bosom buddy?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hope you guys do well in season 2019 as you have gone about it the proper way no concessions, no hand outs but made some good calls and have got a mighty good list that is talented and well balanced.
Technically we did get concessions, priority pick in 2016 that we eventually used to get Charlie Cameron. But I get your general point, thanks for the love!

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Speaking of Schache, I hope there's no booing of him during the game. That would be crass and stupid.

I see no issue giving him a few boos if people wanted to, it's just bit of byplay. He did sign, commit to the club and leave a few months later. If players know why they are being boo'd (especially against their old side they left) its harmless most of the time.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So no booing then?
I see no issue giving him a few boos if people wanted to, it's just bit of byplay. He did sign, commit to the club and leave a few months later. If players know why they are being boo'd (especially against their old side they left) its harmless most of the time.
Sometimes when you're his age you do things that you wished you hadn't.

Opinions here seem to indicate we lost nothing so don't know why we'd hold a grudge on Schache when we were the ones who picked him.

Hey Lions, Please excuse the intrusion, just wanted to say how great you guys are looking, and I am genuinely pleased. The AFL has been really tough in terms of fixture and losing young talent for your club, so to see your
boys playing so well and the crowds back at the Gabba is a credit to your coach and clubs hard work.

In terms of us being a fairytale team in Victoria, that’s not the case, you guys are getting a lot of wraps and then it’s Collingwood and Richmond. When it comes to the Big 5 in Victoria, we don’t get a look in.

However if we do manage to make finals it becomes a level playing field for clubs like Geelong and Essendon, so while we don’t expect to get far, we would shake things up.

I will be barracking for you guys to go all the way, just not on Sunday.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sometimes when you're his age you do things that you wished you hadn't.

Opinions here seem to indicate we lost nothing so don't know why we'd hold a grudge on Schache when we were the ones who picked him.

I don't think we lost anything at all. Theres barely enough room in the team now for our tall, he would be playing NEAFL. Why do you need to hold a grudge to boo someone that wanted to leave? its been happening forever. Booing is a fantastic part of the game when done for footballing reasons and we are all clear on why its happening. Letting Polec know we hadn't forgetten last week was tremendous. If Schache doesn't get good he would probably be offended lol. Thing is, if they win and he has the last laugh, or Schache kicks 4 tomorrow - the jokes on us, so booing comes with a risk.

I don't want to reignite the Adam Goodes stuff here, but I would like to say, my defence of low level harmless booing does not extend to that scenario which clearly was an outlier. And I personally wouldn't boo Ablett (that ones a head scratcher) - but where there is a clear reason and it's a bit of byplay, it's best not to over think it IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey Lions, Please excuse the intrusion, just wanted to say how great you guys are looking, and I am genuinely pleased. The AFL has been really tough in terms of fixture and losing young talent for your club, so to see your
boys playing so well and the crowds back at the Gabba is a credit to your coach and clubs hard work.

In terms of us being a fairytale team in Victoria, that’s not the case, you guys are getting a lot of wraps and then it’s Collingwood and Richmond. When it comes to the Big 5 in Victoria, we don’t get a look in.

However if we do manage to make finals it becomes a level playing field for clubs like Geelong and Essendon, so while we don’t expect to get far, we would shake things up.

I will be barracking for you guys to go all the way, just not on Sunday.

Legendary post Mate. You mob genuinely seem to have a few of us spooked, it will be a tough outing tomorrow, expecting nothing easy.

We also apologise in advance for the influx of Norf supporters you will have to put up with this week on your board BS with regards to the Lions, a lot still haven't psychologically come to terms with us going past them this year. It's taking a bit of time.

I don't think we lost anything at all. Theres barely enough room in the team now for our tall, he would be playing NEAFL. Why do you need to hold a grudge to boo someone that wanted to leave? its been happening forever. Booing is a fantastic part of the game when done for footballing reasons and we are all clear on why its happening. Letting Polec know we hadn't forgetten last week was tremendous. If Schache doesn't get good he would probably be offended lol. Thing is, if they win and he has the last laugh, or Schache kicks 4 tomorrow - the jokes on us, so booing comes with a risk.

I don't want to reignite the Adam Goodes stuff here, but I would like to say, my defence of low level harmless booing does not extend to that scenario which clearly was an outlier. And I personally wouldn't boo Ablett (that ones a head scratcher) - but where there is a clear reason and it's a bit of byplay, it's best not to over think it IMO.

And we have a lot of players who have done exactly the same but ended up with us.

I get that it happens the first time they play against their old club, but when it drags out over years it seems pretty petty.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And we have a lot of players who have done exactly the same but ended up with us.

I get that it happens the first time they play against their old club, but when it drags out over years it seems pretty petty.

Yeah for sure, if it's years later it's petty (unless it's Polec) - Carlton fans still boo robbo which baffles the mind as they delisted him LOL. I personally like it when it's one of our boys getting boo'd by the team they left, means they are hurting. It's good, but I am a bit of a sicko like that haha. If the Doggies fans boo'd Adam at Marvel for example it wouldn't even cross my mind as petty or anything like that, it's just part and parcel IMO.

THE OFFICIAL OVER 50’S CLIQUE POSITION ON BOOING SCHACHE TOMORROW.

We are completely in favour of booing Schache and will do so while watching the telecast of the game or at the ground. We think the Gabba crowd must boo him and should even take it to the next level by telling Schache that his “mother wears army boots” Furthermore, every time he attempts a shot on goal the crowd should suggest he has “chewie on his boot.” “Miss miss cockie’s piss” can also be used in a set shot on goal situation. Our players should also be encouraged to “fuzz him.”

These arrangements shall remain in place until further notice or until, Warwick Irwin like, Schache returns to The Lions.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
THE OFFICIAL OVER 50’S CLIQUE POSITION ON BOOING SCHACHE TOMORROW.

We are completely in favour of booing Schache and will do so while watching the telecast of the game or at the ground. We think the Gabba crowd must boo him and should even take it to the next level by telling Schache that his “mother wears army boots” Furthermore, every time he attempts a shot on goal the crowd should suggest he has “chewie on his boot.” “Miss miss cockie’s piss” can also be used in a set shot on goal situation. Our players should also be encouraged to “fuzz him.”

These arrangements shall remain in place until further notice or until, Warwick Irwin like, Schache returns to The Lions.
Good chance his mum does given their proximity to Puckapunyal.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know I say it every week and every week people say 'who cares". But I am going to say it again. The Dogs supporters are actually, largely confident. Which is great for them, there's reason to be. But just like the last 5 weeks there is a notion we are just pretenders on a roll. Supporters still refusing to believe we are the real deal (which we are at home). I love it, like the last month, it makes it even more fun when we win because we still retain a weird underdog status.

I don't care what opposition supporters think because people don't watch us (though I do like a lurk on BigFooty as I find it a good indicator of how the team is traveling) however it does appear that we aren't respected yet, which is fair I suppose.

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know I say it every week and every week people say 'who cares". But I am going to say it again. The Dogs supporters are actually, largely confident. Which is great for them, there's reason to be. But just like the last 5 weeks there is a notion we are just pretenders on a roll. Supporters still refusing to believe we are the real deal (which we are at home). I love it, like the last month, it makes it even more fun when we win because we still retain a weird underdog status.

I don't care what opposition supporters think because people don't watch us (though I do like a lurk on BigFooty as I find it a good indicator of how the team is traveling) however it does appear that we aren't respected yet, which is fair I suppose.

We have buried mid table teams in the last month who have all been on a roll. It's been great.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.

On SEN this afternoon in their preview of this match were saying what a great opportunity it is for the Bulldogs, they sounded positively excited at the prospect of a Bulldogs win..... it was positively sickening to me to listen to the kowtowing to the Dogs.

rangatangtang

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

We aren't pretenders but the next level of progression is to put teams right away. It's hard to see how we put west coast away in their current form, but we need to build towards doing so to either Richmond and or geelong if we are to advance as much as we need to to win the flag. I wish we had gc then dogs but we need to be ruthless and disciplined and I think we can be.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
On SEN this afternoon in their preview of this match were saying what a great opportunity it is for the Bulldogs, they sounded positively excited at the prospect of a Bulldogs win..... it was positively sickening to me to listen to the kowtowing to the Dogs.
The odds the bookies have been betting on our recent games have been nothing short of amazing given our position on the ladder. Thank you very much.

They have the same mindset,when we play away lay us ,at home we start short favs. Even so there's been lots of money for the dogs this week

So on a Victorian radio station you were sickened that they were talking up the Victorian team? It shouldn't seem like much of a surprise to be honest I would've thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back