Preview Lions Vs Suns 4:35pm Saturday @ the Gabba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If someone did it around me I wouldn’t mind. Happened at the North game, except just a four minute, two minute and one minute warning.

Other games I haven’t had it and it didn’t make it better or worse. Calms you down a bit to hear there’s three minutes left when you think there thirty seconds though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

BigCat2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Old mate in front of me at the Gabba has given me the tip to avoid heart failure in the last quarter of a tight game. Just need to log on to Foxtel Now on the phone,bring up the game on Fox Footy and bingo countdown clock available.
You can also tell when there's 1 minute left when someone from the interchange area holds up a big white signnwith the number "1" on in black print.

You can also tell when there's 1 minute left when someone from the interchange area holds up a big white signnwith the number "1" on in black print.

Haha yeah I've made a conscious effort to learn what the signs stand for. The 1 is obvious but took a few games to figure out the red and green nines.

BrainOfMorbius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bit of cheekiness from the Lions email just now #challengeaccepted
SmartSelect_20190807-164847_Gmail.jpeg

BrainOfMorbius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Suns board either asleep at the wheel or really not looking forward to this game. Three days to go and no preview thread there yet. Tumbleweeds.

Don't blame them though I guess. We all know what it's like.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Old mate in front of me at the Gabba has given me the tip to avoid heart failure in the last quarter of a tight game. Just need to log on to Foxtel Now on the phone,bring up the game on Fox Footy and bingo countdown clock available.

Or you can text a friend not at the game and ask. That’s of course if you, you know, have no friends.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Suns board either asleep at the wheel or really not looking forward to this game. Three days to go and no preview thread there yet. Tumbleweeds.

Don't blame them though I guess. We all know what it's like.
Never much action over there, probably only half a dozen members of Big Footy list their club as the Suns.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
The weather across southern and eastern Australia will add an interesting dimension to games this weekend but less so for us, the Perth game and obviously the couple of games at Marvel. If it is as bad as they are predicting, MCG and Geelong games might be real slogs with low scores potentially. But Friday night in Canberra could be close to the worst weather. Cold, rainy and windy might make it harder for GWS to score big.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As the guru Fagan says - stick to the process, take each game as it comes, win that one then focus on the next. I can see it going like the NEAFL team last week against Southport, a couple of goals difference at half time then we run away with it when our process becomes too much to withstand. We could play a more open forward line and simply run them off their feet chasing our small forwards. The Suns always life in the local derby and they are not as bad as some results our challenge will be to not let them drag our skill level down to a slog fest. Stay on top of the ground using our speed we can get 60 points up at the end.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Have been doing that since the AFL website app live streamed games years ago.

Nothing new there.
My mate listens to the radio on his headphones in one ear while watching, it gives the injury updates as well as the time to go. My partner whom is going to all home games has started doing it as well, my mate convinced her it was the quickest way to learn the game - leaving the rest of us to yell and carry in and not explain why we were doing it - that's what mates are for.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I usually check the app when someone is lining up for goals because there is usually a lag in the stream I'm watching. Then I find myself doing it at games expecting the find out the result of the kick before actually seeing it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back