Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Must NOT regard this game as a percentage booster.

The last time we did that, we ended up eating a huge slice of humble pie after we got poleaxed by the Blues. Then there was that game last season when the Suns made the Swans look stupid on their home patch. Very expensive that was too for Sydney.

Hopefully Fages has banned his players from reading this forum or any other media that are proclaiming us as "certainties"

Our players must have their minds on the job and be on from start to finish. Go hard , go often.....don't even give them a sniff

Go through the process, get the win and let the percentage take care of itself.

If we start by lairising and showing off, I will fret

EDIT:

I feel reasonably calm now but by midday on Friday my guts should start tying up in knots and I will start to "fear" losing this game. That's the way it's been for me for most of this season, ever since it dawned on me that we are actually a bloody good football team.

So.…....I'm kind of hoping that's the way our players feel too.

Be fearful of losing.

It's worked for me

Last edited:
I'm not considering this as the % boost game but what I do want to see is the utter dominance that we served the Dogs with in the first half last week. That was simply unreal, and I think if we can do 4 quarters of that then we will make one hell of a statement.

The attack on the ball, the hard bumps, instant pressure cooker tackles on unsuspecting handball receivers... makes me giddy with excitement.

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Two things.

1. I get it’s a meaningless rivalry but is there any chance they could get a trophy that doesn’t look like a generic mixed pub darts winner’s cup?

2. If Dew gets any bigger he’s going to have to wear their banner as a poncho.

Nov 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Two things.

1. I get it’s a meaningless rivalry but is there any chance they could get a trophy that doesn’t look like a generic mixed pub darts winner’s cup?

2. If Dew gets any bigger he’s going to have to wear their banner as a poncho.
A pineapple shaped trophy would work for me. Or a mango.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
A pineapple shaped trophy would work for me. Or a mango.

radiotron

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Old mate in front of me at the Gabba has given me the tip to avoid heart failure in the last quarter of a tight game. Just need to log on to Foxtel Now on the phone,bring up the game on Fox Footy and bingo countdown clock available.

Not if you're with Optus.
Data dead zone for me 😠

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Must NOT regard this game as a percentage booster.

The last time we did that, we ended up eating a huge slice of humble pie after we got poleaxed by the Blues. Then there was that game last season when the Suns made the Swans look stupid on their home patch. Very expensive that was too for Sydney.

Hopefully Fages has banned his players from reading this forum or any other media that are proclaiming us as "certainties"

Our players must have their minds on the job and be on from start to finish. Go hard , go often.....don't even give them a sniff

Go through the process, get the win and let the percentage take care of itself.

If we start by lairising and showing off, I will fret

EDIT:

I feel reasonably calm now but by midday on Friday my guts should start tying up in knots and I will start to "fear" losing this game. That's the way it's been for me for most of this season, ever since it dawned on me that we are actually a bloody good football team.

So.…....I'm kind of hoping that's the way our players feel too.

Be fearful of losing.

It's worked for me

This is very very different to the Blues game. That had massive danger game written all over it, don't think many approached it as a percentage booster.

I adhere to the notion we can't get arrogant, but all things considered, we can and should take a lot of confidence into this game.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I think we'll struggle in the 1st quarter to get on top of a highly motivated Suns, Fagan will have one of his very few melt downs at quarter time after which we will methodically ground them into the Gabba turf and eventually come away with a 60-75 point win.

Jarryd Lyons to win the Marcus Ashcroft medal and in an emotionally charged moment hand it over on the Dias to an injured Dayne Zorko who will get a cuddle and a kiss from Chris Fagan.

I think we'll struggle in the 1st quarter to get on top of a highly motivated Suns, Fagan will have one of his very few melt downs at quarter time after which we will methodically ground them into the Gabba turf and eventually come away with a 60-75 point win.

Jarryd Lyons to win the Marcus Ashcroft medal and in an emotionally charged moment hand it over on the Dias to an injured Dayne Zorko who will get a cuddle and a kiss from Chris Fagan.

Not so keen on the injured Dayne Zorko bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back