Preview Lions Vs Suns 4:35pm Saturday @ the Gabba

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll leave Adams to destroy him while Harro takes 25 intercept marks.

Ok,if we have to.

I'm not sure that is realistic guys ... I mean to pull that off the Suns would need at least 25 forward fifty entries ...

edit my bad - Harris can take intercept marks from desperate attempts to clear *our* fifty so yes realistic!

I'm not sure that is realistic guys ... I mean to pull that off the Suns would need at least 25 forward fifty entries ...

edit my bad - Harris can take intercept marks from desperate attempts to clear *our* fifty so yes realistic!

Sorry, my mistake. It isn't counted as an intercept if you mark it inside 50. His efficiency up forward sucked though, only kicked 16/25 goals.

They get back Cameron tho. Hathorn also lose McEvoy an Birchall
McEvoy is a loss but Birchall has been pretty ineffective and is more just a name at this point.

McEvoy is a huge loss for them imo. I'd have him only second to Grundy.
If they were playing against a team who a ruckman as opposed to a free kick gifting lump of granite I'd rate the loss higher.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
I'm worried. What if we lose and become the laughing stock of the AFL?

I'd have to quit my job and leave the country.

Knowing my luck recently, we'll get done by 120 points, get bundled out of the top four and get knocked out of the finals in the first week.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Fish on SEN this morning said he wouldn't be surprised if Dayne Zorko is a late out.

Named emergencies- Ryan Bastinac, Cedric Cox, Josh Walker, Brandon Starcevich.

If so I'm hoping they go with Cedric Cox although I think they'll go with Ryan Bastinac.

I'm not at all concerned about the prospect of losing. I think we really only need to play one good quarter of footy to beat a team like Gold Coast.

And even if we do lose we still get to play finals. There's nothing that can happen from here to make this an unsuccessful season.

I am a bit worried about the idea of percentage affecting the players' mindset. We have become very pragmatic and effective, and it's a strength for a relatively young team. The way we shut up shop late in the third quarter against the Hawks was a great example; we protected that lead when it would have been easy to get a rush of blood after a few goals.

It'd be a shame if we stopped playing sensible footy because we felt we needed to keep trying to score at every opportunity. Good habits are easy to slip out of and hard to get back into.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm not at all concerned about the prospect of losing. I think we really only need to play one good quarter of footy to beat a team like Gold Coast.

And even if we do lose we still get to play finals. There's nothing that can happen from here to make this an unsuccessful season.

I am a bit worried about the idea of percentage affecting the players' mindset. We have become very pragmatic and effective, and it's a strength for a relatively young team. The way we shut up shop late in the third quarter against the Hawks was a great example; we protected that lead when it would have been easy to get a rush of blood after a few goals.

It'd be a shame if we stopped playing sensible footy because we felt we needed to keep trying to score at every opportunity. Good habits are easy to slip out of and hard to get back into.

Good post and I agree. We’ll continue to play our style and the ladder will take care of itself.

Plus I’m sure we’ll back ourselves to win at home or away

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Fish on SEN this morning said he wouldn't be surprised if Dayne Zorko is a late out.

Named emergencies- Ryan Bastinac, Cedric Cox, Josh Walker, Brandon Starcevich.

If so I'm hoping they go with Cedric Cox although I think they'll go with Ryan Bastinac.
I’m still of the view that Zorko should be rested. I always worry about players coming back from hamstrings even low grade ones and tightness. I’ll trust the judgement of our medics and S&C teams because they’ve been faultless in recent years, but the captain is such a vital member of our team that I really think we should err on the side of caution,

Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
I’m still of the view that Zorko should be rested. I always worry about players coming back from hamstrings even low grade ones and tightness. I’ll trust the judgement of our medics and S&C teams because they’ve been faultless in recent years, but the captain is such a vital member of our team that I really think we should err on the side of caution,

I predict this will in fact happen.

You said it. We can safely rely on the best strength and conditioning/medical team in the business to get the call right.

rangatangtang

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Andrews mentioned in an article on afl site that Hodge and FaGan havery been quick to knock them down if any of the team get ahead of the weeks game. There is no harm in naming Zorko but agree he would likely be rested against the gold Coast, im tipping Starcevich to come in but wouldn't be surprised if it was Cox.

Looking forward to it as I don't think they will be witches hats but we are definitely a 12 goal better side than them on paper at the moment.

Andrews mentioned in an article on afl site that Hodge and FaGan havery been quick to knock them down if any of the team get ahead of the weeks game. There is no harm in naming Zorko but agree he would likely be rested against the gold Coast, im tipping Starcevich to come in but wouldn't be surprised if it was Cox.

Looking forward to it as I don't think they will be witches hats but we are definitely a 12 goal better side than them on paper at the moment.

This was my favourite line from the article:

"We've got a good understanding by round 21 of what we need to do each week to perform well."

It's not necessarily going to be constant improvement from here on, but it's so good for the group in their early 20s to be able to learn from success.

rangatangtang

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The group is potentially capable of a long period of sustained success aren't they. I still reckon Berry hasn't played his best game for us this year yet and looking forward to seeing him put it all together. Them getting this experience in these early years is gonna be awesome to see when they are 100-150 game players.

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The group is potentially capable of a long period of sustained success aren't they. I still reckon Berry hasn't played his best game for us this year yet and looking forward to seeing him put it all together. Them getting this experience in these early years is gonna be awesome to see when they are 100-150 game players.
Berry's best game for the year was last week and yes he is building to his best on GF day with the norm smith coming his way

Berry's best game for the year was last week and yes he is building to his best on GF day with the norm smith coming his way
Coming into form at the right time of the year!
May be the beneficiary of a few upsets earlier in the year and really be quite fresh in comparison to some who have played all games?

Is this on Qantas? I checked their website online. Couldn't find anything. Otherwise bam I will do that!

Depends on the plane. If you are on a 747-4 it's about 70/30 you won't. If you are on a Dreamliner or an Airbus the odds are pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back