Mega Thread List Changes, Drafting, Trading & Rookie Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i havent seen anyone suggest that port would let surjan go forza. he is an unrestricted free agent and has not yet signed with the club, hence the assumptions he may well be elsewhere next year much to our dismay.

as has already been said here some team is going to fall arse backwards into one of the best small defenders in the league. if his knee does hold watch for a new group of supporters to claim him as their own.

i hope we re-sign him unlikely as it seems at this late date.

by the way, anyone else laugh at that free agent list put together by some dud journo??

he had pearce at 15 and lucky to find a club that would want him, i didnt see surj mentioned but there was such awesome names included in the list that obviously pushed surj and pearce out. just shows that vic hacks have no idea about players outside of their state.

Cant believe you guys are still banging on about Matt. Move on, you wanted him gone he is going. You said he is worth nothing and we will get nothing for him. Your opinions were so highly rated that those close to him are in his ear about GTFO. Others have spent the entire day on the Eade conspiricy theory. Has life been that harsh to some that they cant take a mans word (Pert) for what it is? Eade is out. Cameron is highly regarded at hawthorn and possible coach in waiting to Clarko. We never stood a chance. EASY to see what path the tiges are taking with their footy from next year on, at least they have a plan. Matt will serve them well and so will others. Ratten may be a chance of turning things around in regards to Matt, as they did have a look in past times. Doubt it though. What we get in return would want to be pretty bloody serviceable. Move on.

If surj goes I am going to be devastated.

me too. there are a lot of players that, if we lost, i would hang my head and be very unhappy about it but probably know deep down we have to move on sooner or later from them, but only a couple that would really annoy me and surj is up the top. he's one of the 'old' ones we cant lose

Cant believe you guys are still banging on about Matt. Move on, you wanted him gone he is going. You said he is worth nothing and we will get nothing for him. Your opinions were so highly rated that those close to him are in his ear about GTFO. Others have spent the entire day on the Eade conspiricy theory. Has life been that harsh to some that they cant take a mans word (Pert) for what it is? Eade is out. Cameron is highly regarded at hawthorn and possible coach in waiting to Clarko. We never stood a chance. EASY to see what path the tiges are taking with their footy from next year on, at least they have a plan. Matt will serve them well and so will others. Ratten may be a chance of turning things around in regards to Matt, as they did have a look in past times. Doubt it though. What we get in return would want to be pretty bloody serviceable. Move on.

Is case you are refering to my post, I was just pointing out that outsiders know nothing about the club. I respect Thomas the player and I feel there is a place for him on our list

"servicable"

Come on. Matt tries hard but plays well below AFL level football for his position the vast majority of games. He's old enough that we've seen his best and it wasn't good enough. If another club thinks they can extract more out of him, I wish them, and him, well. But he has never and will never be an AFL calibre player at our footy club.

Who took the jelly out of your donut? The conversation has moved on from Thomas and there was always going to be a lot of Eade discussion as this is, after all, a football forum.

Is case you are refering to my post, I was just pointing out that outsiders know nothing about the club. I respect Thomas the player and I feel there is a place for him on our list
Wrong. Small world this and i wasnt referring to your post, but previous posts in general. How ever i have noticed the usual band of merry men are yet to asign a like tag to your highly though out post. Give them time.

Who took the jelly out of your donut? The conversation has moved on from Thomas and there was always going to be a lot of Eade discussion as this is, after all, a football forum.
All up for discussion Forza but some of this is mind blowing. Pretty keen myself in moving forward in 013 but the same old same old isnt going to get us any where. Conversation about BMT has been going on all year. Now i dont care but cant we come up with something more constructive? Geeez

Agree as usual mate. Matt plays a pivotal role for us at half forward by kicking goals and hurting opposition players. People are too easily seduced by the silky skills of the Boaks and Westhoffs but they never notice the guy at the bottom of the pack. If he leaves we will not win a premiership next year. Richmond are going places.

One question before we move on, do you prefer Matts arms or his pecs?

U do realise we finished 5th to bottom?
Retaining avg players and list cloggers is why we are in the mess we are in
Yep, hearing you. Now i am all for Matt moving on so that piece of the puzzle is clarified. But my concern is a club with out a coach, and a club handing out short term contracts to all until we can get through 013 and have a think tank. Morale is just at an all time high. Players are the same as the buds at work. Every one talks.
Makes for an interesting smoko. I have never seen this before and i have been around footy along time. Not what you would class as a perfect end of 012/ start 013. Matters like this are worth taliking about on our forum. To clarify i did state some one serviceable for Matt, not an AA or brownlow hope.

Agree as usual mate. Matt plays a pivotal role for us at half forward by kicking goals and hurting opposition players. People are too easily seduced by the silky skills of the Boaks and Westhoffs but they never notice the guy at the bottom of the pack. If he leaves we will not win a premiership next year. Richmond are going places.

One question before we move on, do you prefer Matts arms or his pecs?
Both. Since i had a bit to do with his development and others since he was 16, pretty happy with how it worked out. YOU? , Love to catch up with your work in progress, see how we measure up. Another quality post Powerade, what would this club do with out you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't entirely disagree with you. But as I've said before our midfield can only have so many plodders. With kane and dom still around we can't have him to. All being said I'd prefer matty over dom but we know that won't happen

I feel that Matty T is probably not up to AFL level. I would, however been keen to give him another year and see how he goes under a new coach............... if we ever find one.

obviously no one is suggesting we would take him with our first pick.

who knows where he goes in the draft now but at a certain point teams will look at his talent and go yep.

i would imagine gws with that pick after adelaide at which point they likely could have already picked several players would be tempted. around that mark where teams are selecting again you would think they couldnt say no.

**** off Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back