List changes.....prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a fan of Frost, but if we sign Scharenberg I think we can trade him to Melbourne for ~Pick 21 (second round) to unite him with his brother.

Why would Melbourne want him?
He's not overly skilled and more of a pure stopper (and they already have Macdonald in that role, who also has disposal weaknesses). Unfortunately, Frost seems to have run out steam at the wrong time and he's been found wanting against the stronger forwards. The Dees would be more interested in a KPD who can handle the top opposition forward rather than the 2nd or 3rd KPF, which is what Frost is about

A 3rd rounder would be the best we could hope for from a bottom side like Melboure

Why would Melbourne want him?
He's not overly skilled and more of a pure stopper (and they already have Macdonald in that role, who also has disposal weaknesses). Unfortunately, Frost seems to have run out steam at the wrong time and he's been found wanting against the stronger forwards. The Dees would be more interested in a KPD who can handle the top opposition forward rather than the 2nd or 3rd KPF, which is what Frost is about

A 3rd rounder would be the best we could hope for from a bottom side like Melboure
Frost is an interesting one, could never question his attitude etc and he has genuine speed but just dosnt punish his opponents. Though doubt theyll move him out, hes there for depth

People who are calling for players to be delisted or traded because they are not best 22 need to stop and think a bit
It is impossible for a list of 40 players to all be best 22. There is some very complicated mathematics involves so I need you to just trust me on that one.
So instead of looking at some of these players as simply best 22 maybe it would be better to consider if they are good depth in case of injury or suspension. My opinion is we need to keep hold or Dwyer Frost Witts Pk and a whole host of others because they are good back up.
Players I think we could replace are White Gault maybe Seedsman I am still a bit undecided about him. Blair is also one who I think could be moved on.

People who are calling for players to be delisted or traded because they are not best 22 need to stop and think a bit
It is impossible for a list of 40 players to all be best 22. There is some very complicated mathematics involves so I need you to just trust me on that one.
So instead of looking at some of these players as simply best 22 maybe it would be better to consider if they are good depth in case of injury or suspension. My opinion is we need to keep hold or Dwyer Frost Witts Pk and a whole host of others because they are good back up.
Players I think we could replace are White Gault maybe Seedsman I am still a bit undecided about him. Blair is also one who I think could be moved on.
Yes wemust consider depth, an injury or two and youre gone without depth

White and Blair are both contracted and even more so fit the depth criteria you mention. They have been best22 most of the year and Blair remains best 22 currently. We have to delist some and Young and Dwyer meet the criteria best. Agree Witts and Frost are keepers.

White and Blair are both contracted and even more so fit the depth criteria you mention. They have been best22 most of the year and Blair remains best 22 currently. We have to delist some and Young and Dwyer meet the criteria best. Agree Witts and Frost are keepers.
Sorry didn't check or consider the contract situation. Thanks for the correction

Obvious delistings are Young, Thomas and Keefe. Could easily add Karnezis and Dwyer to that list.I wouldnt be against retaining Dwyer but he'll probably be let go. Assuming we need to add 5:

Frost (definitely)
Treloar (hopefully)
Aish (maybe)
3rd rounder
4th rounder. Expect the 4th rounder to be a project player a la Abbott or Marsh with huge potential but glaring holes in their game

Witts & Frost are definitely keepers. White & Blair I see as depth only next year. If they are told the same thing or in fact think that themselves, then trading them this year is still a possibility just not likely.

Rookie List OUT- Gault, Frost
Senior List OUT - Thomas, Keeffe, Young, Karnezis and Seedsman

Rookie List Retain - TA, Abbott, Manteit (Only 1 pick in the draft - guessing JT) Lions will pick Keeffe, possibly JT
Senior List IN - Frost (elevated), Treloar, Aisho

2 live picks in ND and 1 in Rookie draft.

TA and Dwyer are solid depth players. This years draft is shallow and we'll trade our 1st rounder. Better off holding fire for a year than delisting, rather than drafting 2 kids that aren't likely to make it, one of which would have a 2 year deal.

Edit: just remembered we have committed to rookie both Keeffe and JT, so we'll have to cut 2 from that list. TA makes way.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracts is correct they are considered in decisions i imagine esp line ball decisisons.
Dwyer is one player who may be delisted but in a way i feel for him, he always seems ok, no star, but gets the ball and great attitude. Then again i like Young for his depth but decisions will be made and we afe delisting our number 23 and 24 but with view on rookie list, keefe and thomas.
Aim ofcourse is to build list to challenege for flag

Delisted:- Karnesis, Young, Thomas, Keefe, Dwyer

Traded out:- Scharenberg, White, Kennedy

Promoted:- Gault, Frost

Re-Rookied:- Cox

Traded in:- Treloar, Steve Johnson, Tom Bellchambers

3 live picks in draft including 1 first round pick and 2 second round Picks.
Bellchambers just extended his contract at Essendon

Note: this is done on a fantasy "if I was in charge basis"
Traded out: Seedsman, Karnezis, Kennedy, Scharenberg, Witts, Goldsack, McCaffer, Blair, Toovey, White, Frost

Traded In: Treloar, Aish, Kruezer, Dangerfield, Motlop, Carlisle

Rookie upgrade: Cox
Rookie delist: Gault, Armstrong

Delist: Young, Dwyer, Thomas and Keefe (to be re-rookied at start 2017)

Witts & Frost are definitely keepers. White & Blair I see as depth only next year. If they are told the same thing or in fact think that themselves, then trading them this year is still a possibility just not likely.
Blair has been going to be a depth player for a while now but he keeps being best 22. If he gets pushed out next year fine but I wouldn't count that until it occurs

In Treloar Aish Kreuzer.
Out Karnezis Witts Seedsman

So you're thinking we'll retain Dwyer, Young, Thomas and Keeffe?

Pick 7/8 + Seedsman + Karnezis to GWS in exchange for Treloar and later pick.

Kennedy + Scharenberg to Port Adelaide in exchange for pick 8/9 traded onto Brisbane for Aish + later draft pick.

Delist Armstrong, Dwyer, Young, Keeffe, Thomas and Gault.

Promote Cox and Frost.

So you think our 1st round pick, Seedsman, Karnezis, Scharenberg, and Kennedy is a good trade for Treloar and Aish with a couple of late picks thrown in for sweeteners? That's essentially 4x 1st round picks + seedsman.

So you're thinking we'll retain Dwyer, Young, Thomas and Keeffe?
Soz I mentioned the trades, not the obvious delistings.
Those are gone and not be seen again ( I expect a trade with the Lions for the 2 druggies )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back