News List Changes - Thank you LOB, Honey & Philp

Remove this Banner Ad

Although extremely disappointed that Lochie has been delisted I understand it’s a tough business

The fact is he has played 66 games more than I ever did for my beloved Blues and always gave it his best.

I have said on numerous occasions that culture and development before Voss arrived was extremely poor and many draftees suffered. Timing in life can be everything.

Hopefully he will get a go somewhere else and realise his potential. Fingers crossed

Whatever happens he will do well in his life. He is quality kid with great loving parents. 🙏
Top post Soap, always respect your thoughts and all the best for Lochie, he always seemed to across as a guy who gave his all

Delistings are a hard thing to swallow but with a heavy heart think we made the right call.

LOB, I believe will get picked up elsewhere and hopefully he develops some composure, it’s the one attribute that if he gets a handle on will help him immensely at his new club.

Not sure what happened with Honey his first few games we extremely promising. But both he and LOB were given ample opportunity but just couldn’t cement a spot.

Philip seemed just too injury prone I’d like to see him get rookied as it would be nice to see him at least be given a chance but all in all I’m ok with the delistings. Wish them all the best but to be brutally honest they we’re always on the chopping block.

Good luck boys and thank you for your service.

Although extremely disappointed that Lochie has been delisted I understand it’s a tough business

The fact is he has played 66 games more than I ever did for my beloved Blues and always gave it his best.

I have said on numerous occasions that culture and development before Voss arrived was extremely poor and many draftees suffered. Timing in life can be everything.

Hopefully he will get a go somewhere else and realise his potential. Fingers crossed

Whatever happens he will do well in his life. He is quality kid with great loving parents. 🙏
Please pass on our thanks and best wishes from the BF faithful.
Hopefully he gets a shot to fulfil his potential that was shown.

People forgot that the only time Philp got his body right was in his first preseason. He then leapfrogged both Dow and O’Brien (taken in the draft previous to him) to play his only two games.

He had the pace we are lacking. But injuries really curtailed him.

Good luck to all three of the lads who have been cut. I thought they all showed glimpses at times, and seemed like good quality young men to boot.

Sad to see players moved on - all the best to all of them. I had high hopes for Honey given his athletic ability and hardness but something just didn't click for him as a forward. LoB was always a team player - had some brilliant moments ina quite a few games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to all three.

I am genuinely glad that LOB got an opportunity to play most of a season last year and to give it a real crack. Was overtaken this year with Blake and Ollie among others cementing spots in the 22 or so and with Binns knocking on the door it's no great surprise. Yet the Work that went into getting to that opportunity mustn't be ignored. I hope he lands me speed elsewhere, whether that be at another AFL club or at a lower level. Think he'd be good cultural fit at a developing club.

Sorry to see Philp go. The decision is understandable but a real shame that his body never gave him a real crack at it. Hope He can drop to the lower level, get a good run at it, and get an opportunity elsewhere in the future

Appreciate the potential of Josh and then disappointed for him as well. However, come on again. Great surprise. As much as a lot of us wanted him to, he didn't show the development and potential fulfilment to keep him wishing you still love you as well.

No surprises here but it's always disappointing when you have to let hard working individuals go. Think it says more about the quality of our list then it does any of the three.

Thanks for being BLUE.

Well said Soapy. Do you know if he has had any whispers from other clubs?

It must be deadset gut-wrenching when you get the call.

I'd hope there is plenty of communication along the way. Most delistees are expecting the worst, but hoping for the best.

Frustrating to think of Honey's talent and what he could be. No-one to blame but himself.

Philp never got the chance, and probably isn't destined to. AFL is physically brutal and not everyone is up to that. No disgrace.

LOB squeezed out by our sudden glut of wingers. No surprise. His run and lethal left foot should see him clean up at the lower level. Not enough composure and ability to absorb the heat in contests are his achilles heel at senior level.

Frustrating to think of Honey's talent and what he could be. No-one to blame but himself.

Some players just don't have the awareness/nous to get to where the pill is. Not really his fault as I reckon that awareness can't be taught.

Philp never got the chance, and probably isn't destined to. AFL is physically brutal and not everyone is up to that. No disgrace.

LOB squeezed out by our sudden glut of wingers. No surprise. His run and lethal left foot should see him clean up at the lower level. Not enough composure and ability to absorb the heat in contests are his achilles heel at senior level.
ordinary effort, ad.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back