List clean up - Who stays & who goes ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if tigers supporters know the reason Matty white left. With 2 years left on his contract our fearless leader softwick told him he didn't rate him and if it wasn't for him being contracted he would've chopped him. Matty obviously tells his manager, who tries to do the right thing by his client mentions this to other clubs. Fast forward to his last year. Matty finally overcomes his injuries and despite the constant subbing starts burning the house down. Softwick calls him into his office. Mate Budd champ hows things I knew ya could do it all along hear take a seat would love to have you re sign. By now several juicey offers have rolled in. Our genius leader offended white by telling him he didn't rate him at all right when free agency is on. Bang we lose white, Foley cant overcome injuries, Jackson retires. All our pace gone. Now we're stuck with this slow chipping sideways nonsense. Worst thing is if white wasn't put off side at that time we had a chance at a straight up swap conca for gaff. UNTIL they heard how much we were overpaying conca and couldn't stop pi**ing their pants so that trade fell over also.
Good ol internet. Anyone can say anything and say its a fact.

Delist: Hardwick, Butler, A Moore, Hunt?, Morris (harsh when he is injured)
Retire: Chaplin, Maric
Trade: Vickery
Upgrade: Short
Maybe demote McKenzie to Rookie list

Why would you take the C from Cotch?

Have you seen the "chosen few" captains documentary from last year? it was clear its a burden on him.

Its not that he isn't a good captain, he is, I just think he would be a better player without it, kinda like Sam mitchell was when he stepped down.

Keep
Vlas, Dylan, Dusty, Jack, Rance, Cotch, C Ellis, Menadue, DR, Griff.

Retire
Ivan

The rest should be very concerned.

Dunno if tigers supporters know the reason Matty white left. With 2 years left on his contract our fearless leader softwick told him he didn't rate him and if it wasn't for him being contracted he would've chopped him. Matty obviously tells his manager, who tries to do the right thing by his client mentions this to other clubs. Fast forward to his last year. Matty finally overcomes his injuries and despite the constant subbing starts burning the house down. Softwick calls him into his office. Mate Budd champ hows things I knew ya could do it all along hear take a seat would love to have you re sign. By now several juicey offers have rolled in. Our genius leader offended white by telling him he didn't rate him at all right when free agency is on. Bang we lose white, Foley cant overcome injuries, Jackson retires. All our pace gone. Now we're stuck with this slow chipping sideways nonsense. Worst thing is if white wasn't put off side at that time we had a chance at a straight up swap conca for gaff. UNTIL they heard how much we were overpaying conca and couldn't stop pi**ing their pants so that trade fell over also.

LOL

Yet White was begging us to stay if we matched ports offer he would have. We just refused to and that is why he left.

Carry on though

We're 13th. Just fell over the line against GC. Status Quo is not an option.

I don't want to risk sounding like Hardwick, but GC arent all that terrible, just been hampered by injuries. I don't care if Brisbane beat them, they are a better team than the Lions.

Meh hes playing damn well this year with it.

he has... it just sounds like he would have rather not been captain.

No Name Games Age
12 Astbury, David 50 25yr - Trade
11 Batchelor, Jake 83 24yr - Trade
35 Broad, Nathan 0 23yr - Maybe delist
40 Butler, Daniel 0 20yr - Keep
46 Castagna, Jason (R) 2 19yr - Keep
25 Chaplin, Troy 215 30yr - Keep for depth, no value at trade
41 Chol, Mabior (R) 0 19yr - Keep
30 Conca, Reece 75 23yr - Trade
9 Cotchin, Trent 163 26yr - Keep
3 Deledio, Brett 239 29yr - Trade
39 Drummond, Nathan 1 21yr - Keep
10 Edwards, Shane 179 27yr - Trade
5 Ellis, Brandon 100 22yr - Trade
32 Ellis, Corey 17 19yr - Keep
43 Elton, Todd 2 23yr - Keep
24 Griffiths, Benjamin 56 24yr - Keep
6 Grigg, Shaun 158 28yr - No trade value, keep
2 Grimes, Dylan 69 24yr - Keep
16 Hampson, Shaun 89 28yr - No value at trade, Keep (if we can get him to 100 games for when he has giant athletic kids with gale)
14 Houli, Bachar 144 28yr - No trade value, keep
28 Hunt, Taylor 93 25yr - Keep for depth no trade value
23 Lambert, Kane 23 24yr - Keep
7 Lennon, Ben 18 20yr - Keep
27 Lloyd, Sam 32 26yr - Keep
44 Marcon, Adam (R) 0 23yr - Keep
20 Maric, Ivan 156 30yr - Retire dependent on trading for a ruck
31 Markov, Oleg 0 20yr - Keep
4 Martin, Dustin 143 24yr - Keep
42 McKenzie, Reece 0 20yr - Keep
34 Mcbean, Liam 2 21yr - Trade
33 Mcintosh, Kamdyn 29 22yr - Trade
37 Menadue, Connor 14 19yr - Keep
26 Miles, Anthony 57 24yr - Trade
15 Moore, Andrew 56 25yr - Delist
36 Moore, Callum (R) 0 19yr - Keep
38 Morris, Steven 86 27yr - Prob retire, otherwise 1 yr contract
18 Rance, Alex 140 26yr - Keep
8 Riewoldt, Jack 192 27yr - Keep
17 Rioli, Daniel 10 19yr - Keep
45 Short, Jayden (R) 6 20yr - Keep
47 Soldo, Ivan (R) 0 20yr - Keep
21 Townsend, Jacob 31 22yr - Trade
29 Vickery, Tyrone 114 26yr - Trade
1 Vlastuin, Nick 70 22yr - Keep but play in the middle
13 Yarran, Christopher 119 25yr - Who knows

For clarification when I say trade at a minimum they should be shopped around and if we get a decent offer take it, even if we can get some lower picks for duds and package them to academy teams for a good pick

I don't want to risk sounding like Hardwick, but GC arent all that terrible, just been hampered by injuries. I don't care if Brisbane beat them, they are a better team than the Lions.

They're not great. Sad thing is we are on par with them. This is why we need to cut/trade hard.

we played worse than our potential, so no we are not.

if we played our best game and at our potential and still almost lost, THEN we would be on par...

Look at the teams effort, how they can play and how they did play to compare, not the scoreline.

According to your logic, Carlton and collingwood are better than Geelong....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL

Yet White was begging us to stay if we matched ports offer he would have. We just refused to and that is why he left.

Carry on though

Be fair

His memory may be rusty

we played worse than our potential, so no we are not.

if we played our best game and at our potential and still almost lost, THEN we would be on par...

Look at the teams effort, how they can play and how they did play to compare, not the scoreline.

According to your logic, Carlton and collingwood are better than Geelong....
Anthony Banik had potential as well but like a lot of guys on our list haven't matched it.

i liked matty whote more than most as i thoight he was one of ojr most durable players at a time when we had very few . could play back , forward or through the midfield .
I don't like the continual biased leaking that seems to have followed his departure and probably gives a clearer picture as to why he was axed.

1. Vlastuin - Keep. Will captain this club, just does everything right.
2. Grimes - Keep. I hope he can stay injury free, such an important defender! He has added rebounding to his game and makes the right decisions.
3. Deledio - Keep. I'd love to see him be a one club player, hopefully he can mentor a younger player to take his role when the time comes.
4. Martin - Keep. Will win a Brownlow soon, has really added that contested ball to his game.
5. B. Ellis - Keep. I know people are crying out for him to be traded but I feel his best is very good and his worst is horrible. He needs to bridge that gap and deal with a tag. Also needs to focus on being more damaging with his disposal. I know people say he gets easy kicks but people don't give him credit for the work he does around the ground.
6. Grigg - Keep. Wasn't a fan of Grigga but he is an important member of the Tigers. Used to be a good runner but know he has an inside game to go with his running ability. Brando could learn a lot from Grigg.
7. Lennon - Keep. Just needs to get onto the park. I am hopeful he can be a classy HFF. Has the right tools although he lacks pace still think he has strong footballing ability.
8. Riewoldt - Keep. Heart and soul of the club, his workrate is enormus. Has matured over the years and become better for it. I would love to see him closer to goal but wherever he is playing he is having an impact.
9. Cotchin - Keep. He is a star and is proving it at the moment. People knock his game and leadership but both are of the highest quality. Has eliminated those sideway kicks from his game and his contested ball winning is as good as ever.
10. Edwards - Keep or Trade for the right deal. He has grown on me over the years. I said 'trade for the right deal' and I mean it has to really suit us. I think he is a creative spark in our team (sometimes too creative and his teammates aren't on the same page). Can play on ball and go up forward which helps with rotations.
11. Batchelor - Keep or Trade. Not too fussed here. I was a Batch fan but don't think he is damaging enough on the rebound. Could learn from Rance or Grimes to add that to his game. I do feel for him since he is always playing on a bigger opponent but he should play to his strengths and I thought he was a good HBF when he started.
13. Yarran - Keep. Must persist with him now after trading for him. Seems all teams are focused on creating play off HB at the moment ala the Bulldogs. Will be important for us in the future.
14. Houli - Keep. I am actually surprised at the amount of hate Bach gets. Look at his stats over the years they are elite. I haven't seen him flinch in a contest in a long time. People complain about his disposal although he is our only outlet from defence and teams sit on him which causes him to execute under pressure. Very important players for us.
15. Moore. Delist. Very disappointing. With the hole in our list for an inside mid thought he could come in but just hasn't proven worthy of a shot.
16. Hampson - Keep. Even if we recruit a new ruckman he has shown this year he belongs. I am not surprised as now he has the backing of the club his confidence is growing. You can just see he wants to be out there.
17. Rioli - Keep. Will be a star young Rioli. Those little things he does is magic and he is only getting better.
18. Rance - Keep. One of the greatest players to pull on a jumper. Love his competitive edge. Would love Astbury to step up and partner up with Rance.
20. Maric - Retire. Poor warrior is done. Would love to keep him at the club in a coaching role unless he would like to begin his career elsewhere ala Newman. Is a leader of men and the club is a better place with him joining it.
21. Townsend - Keep. There are aspects of his game I like eg. Toughness although I feel he is lost at times which is understandable with him joining AFL pretty late. Can do a run with role but I am not sold on whether he can make it. I hope he does, worth persisting for one more year.
23. Lambert - Keep. Gives 100%. Like Edwards he can go in the midfield and forward which is important for rotations.
24. Griffiths - Keep or Trade for the right deal. Like Edwards it would have to be a good deal. I am happy with Griff and think he is developing nicely. Just needs to add consistency to his game.
25. Chaplain - Retire. Like Maric I would keep as a coach or let him begin his coaching career elsewhere.
26. Miles - Keep. Is a star. Does everything right!! Very happy he is in the yellow and black! Consistently pushing himself to be the best.
27. Lloyd - Keep. Is a proven goal kicker now. Feels like he belongs and clearly has improved his tank.
28. Hunt - Keep or Delist. Either keep for depth of delist. Can play a role when required.
29. Vickery- Trade. I think it's best for both club and individual that he moves on. Is a proven goal kicker but doesn't do enough. Doesn't fit into this forward line for me.
30. Conca - Keep or Trade. I am a fan and think if he is fit he is HUGE for us. Can win his own ball and is defensively minded which is important. Would love to see him stay but don't mind trading him for the right deal
31. Markov - Keep. Will be exciting to see develop over the years. Is an athlete just need to see what his footballing ability is like.
32. C. Ellis - Keep. Has shown enough to see he has the tools to make it. Exciting to see him develop in a new role but long term I see him in the midfield.
33. McIntosh - Keep. Very versatile and has a huge tank. Resilient character which shows in his football.
34. McBean - Trade. Clearly they are not playing him and word is he is gone. Good luck to him.
35. Broad - Keep or Delist. I am leaning more so towards delist. Was our last pick in a weak draft and hasn't shown a lot. Similar to Batch to me although Batch is ahead.
36. C. Moore - Keep. Only seen him a couple times and looks exciting. Rather a forward than back. Pretty raw talent but can see something there.
37. Menadue - Keep. Elite running ability although currently he doesn't have to physical ability to match. Gets knocked off the ball easy but as his body develops along with his confidence he will be a player.
38. Morris - Keep or Delist. Don't think he will come back from the injury. Is a resilient character although I feel players will take his position by the time he is ready.
39. Drummond - Keep. As above this is a player I see taking Morris' spot. Seems composed and has strong character. Has pace and the ability to rebound. hopefully he can make it at AFL level.
41. Chol - Keep. Worth seeing if he can develop. Is an athlete just need to see if he can pick up the game.
42. McKenzie - Keep or Retire. I would persist with Reece but it is totally up to him. He has all the tools it's whether he wants it or not.
43. Elton - Keep or Trade. Not fussed although I am disappointed he never developed. I remember Emma Qualye quoting him to be a steal in the draft. Hasn't come on but I would like to keep him incase of injuries.
44. Marcon - Keep. Worth keeping as a back-up
45. Short - Keep. Really excited with Shorty. Think he could be anything, really has that football brain.
46. Castagna - Keep or Delist. Not fussed. I know there is an obsession with him, I respect his ability to take the game on but his decision making from what I have seen is not up to standard. Happy to be proven wrong.
47. Soldo - Keep. Has done some nice things in the VFL. Let him develop, no harm done.

Not sure if I have missed anyone but those are my thoughts.

Sure and only keeping 10 players is still overboard.
E.g Whats wrong with Grigg?
I said concerned as in potential trade bait or to be delisted. Grigg is very tradeable. He's ok but is he a best 22 player in a grand final side? That's got to be the player were looking for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back