Delisted List cull begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh gawwwwd, do me a favour. This is so much dramatising that it can't be indulged. It's been a bad year, but most of your points are emotive exaggerations or deliberately showing things in a negative light.

Just as one example, your list of the players we're supposed to be chasing: you left off all the other names that we are/were chasing. The club has said we're being aggressive, doesn't mean we'll get all out targets. Hawthorn brought in Vickery, Pies brought in Mayne. Should they shut their doors too?

The club has let you down, you're clearly over it, just leave already or suck it up and try to not lose your s**t every frigging day.
Oh gawwwwd, do me a favour. put me on ignore . because i will write what ever i damm well like.
And no Hawthorn and Collingwood shouldn't shut their doors both in the top 4 and cash up, so why dont you jog off

And maybe just suck it up and try not lose your s**t every frigging time someone has a different view to yours
Shots fired!

Oh gawwwwd, do me a favour. put me on ignore . because i will write what ever i damm well like.
And no Hawthorn and Collingwood shouldn't shut their doors both in the top 4 and cash up, so why dont you jog off

And maybe just suck it up and try not lose your s**t every frigging time someone has a different view to yours

Surely you can admit your posts were overly dramatic.
This club has survived since 1873.
Doors will not be closed because of a poor year. Or because of a poor coach.

Nothing wrong with pushing for change and improvement, but sheesh. Doors closing lol.

Surely you can admit your posts were overly dramatic.
This club has survived since 1873.
Doors will not be closed because of a poor year. Or because of a poor coach.

Nothing wrong with pushing for change and improvement, but sheesh. Doors closing lol.

Your response to his over dramatic statements were over dramatic. I find the people being over dramatic about posters being over dramatic painful and offensive. Maybe you should follow someone else if you don't like dramatic clubs with dramatic posters.

Your response to his over dramatic statements were over dramatic. I find the people being over dramatic about posters being over dramatic painful and offensive. Maybe you should follow someone else if you don't like dramatic clubs with dramatic posters.

lol.

Yet this year we had the hardest draw of all teams, a terrible run of injuries and some key pre-season retirements
But if we had if won 80% of games our draw would have been one if the easiest because it’s retrospectively measured. And given the evenness of the competition, the teams that rolled over us twice would have been out of the finals. It’s all a beat meaningless anc an excuse. We are s**t. Even worse than s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys what’s the latest news RE delistings??

List lodgement #1 has come and gone, You then have list lodgement #2 in about mid Nov, leading into delisted & free agency shifts, leading into trade week, you then have list lodgement 3, and everyone then settle for pre-planning, preseason and the circus starts again around March.

So suffice to say, nothing until around end of October or mid Nov unless someone goes "yup, I'm so very done" and walks away.

List lodgement #1 has come and gone, You then have list lodgement #2 in about mid Nov, leading into delisted & free agency shifts, leading into trade week, you then have list lodgement 3, and everyone then settle for pre-planning, preseason and the circus starts again around March.

So suffice to say, nothing until around end of October or mid Nov unless someone goes "yup, I'm so very done" and walks away.
List lodgement #1 will happen end of October after the Trade Period.

Be interesting to see where Lonie, Minchington, Longer, Weller, Gilbert and Pierce are at by then.

List lodgement #1 will happen end of October after the Trade Period.

Be interesting to see where Lonie, Minchington, Longer, Weller, Gilbert and Pierce are at by then.

Tied to contacts so 31st Oct technically, then you have FA+Trade, then L2, then draft, then L3.

So whilst delisted, Freeman for example still has a contract for about 2 months.

For us, L1 is done, we'll tread water, flag several for either L2 delisting or FA & trade, then shuffle to go to draft.

This is in our list culling, not general AFL, hence the come and gone.

Tied to contacts so 31st Oct technically, then you have FA+Trade, then L2, then draft, then L3.

So whilst delisted, Freeman for example still has a contract for about 2 months.

For us, L1 is done, we'll tread water, flag several for either L2 delisting or FA & trade, then shuffle to go to draft.

This is in our list culling, not general AFL, hence the come and gone.
Unless I'm mistaken, you're close but not quite there.

The NAB AFL Trade Period will be conducted in two parts:
  • Part One will involve the ability for clubs to trade both players and Draft selections from 9.00am AEDT Monday, October 8 through to 8.30pm AEDT Wednesday, October 17.
  • Part Two will allow clubs to continue to trade Draft selections until 2.00pm AEDT Friday, November 16.
http://aflnswact.com.au/2018-nab-afl-draft/

Gilbo

One of the best sidesteps in the biz. You copped a lot from a bunch of armchair athletes on here, sprayed it out of bounds more times than I've drank a beer and went 'aahhh' but I've gotta say you gave it your all, every contest and every bloody game. Which is a lot more than some of the blokes we've got running around in the RWB at the moment.

Farewell legend. Go Saints.

Gilbo

One of the best sidesteps in the biz. You copped a lot from a bunch of armchair athletes on here, sprayed it out of bounds more times than I've drank a beer and went 'aahhh' but I've gotta say you gave it your all, every contest and every bloody game. Which is a lot more than some of the blokes we've got running around in the RWB at the moment.

Farewell legend. Go Saints.

Well said. Cops a lot on here but could never question his effort.

Unless I'm mistaken, you're close but not quite there.

The NAB AFL Trade Period will be conducted in two parts:
  • Part One will involve the ability for clubs to trade both players and Draft selections from 9.00am AEDT Monday, October 8 through to 8.30pm AEDT Wednesday, October 17.
  • Part Two will allow clubs to continue to trade Draft selections until 2.00pm AEDT Friday, November 16.
http://aflnswact.com.au/2018-nab-afl-draft/

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-08/twoday-draft-to-add-live-pick-trading

L1
Free Agency: Oct 5 to 12.
Trade: Oct 8 to 17, can still be contracted when traded FYI.
L2
Draft Nov 22 & 23
L3

It's set in the CBA ongoing from last year to 2022 how clubs can act with regards to delisted players, it is largely by agreement in which the player still retains the contract to do all manner of things around a football club to say either retain a contract, renew, train elsewhere with permission, seek grievance, enter PSD and etc.

L1 = initial list changes.
L2 = secondary list changes.
L3 = final list changes.

You then have stages;

L1 - enter trade
L2 - exit trade, enter draft
L3 - exit draft, enter season

This is how it's always been, I was simply wrong since we said bye to Gilbo. Bloody saints...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back