Delisted List cull begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy crap, we are really cutting our list. I can't help they have a trade potentially lined up for draft picks otherwise there is going to be a lot unknown selected players at the end of the year.

Not surprised to see Minch gone. Only surprise was that it didn't happen with the first 4 last week.

Had talent, but just not the tank to be able to play midfield at AFL level it would seem.

Terrific guy who always has a smile on his face and was approachable and friendly.

If only we could keep him on the list for when we play Geelong!!

All the best Minch.

Out:

Minch
Gilbert
Goddard
Freeman
Wright
Stevens
Connellan (r)

my take:
Lonie - traded to Brisbane
Hickey - traded to WCE
Weller - traded/dfa to GCS
Longer - keep
Dunstan - traded to SA club
Acres - trade to WA club
Steven - keep
Billings - keep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What were supporters expecting ?? if you wrote your own list of players to go i think the clubs got it 100%
Absolutely agree there...…....I too think the club so far has got in 100% right.

When one poster here listed all our out of contract players......I jotted down their names and nominated who I thought would be de-listed......6 players in total.

4 have saluted so far.....another 2 to go.

I think Lonie has shown enough over the past couple of months to be given at least 1 more year to prove himself . So far we have lost Meatballs , Gilbert , Connellan , Wright , Freeman , Goddard , Stevens . That’s 7 players we have to replace , I would think that’s enough in one year although that means that we keep Weller as well lol. After all we are going to have very high draft picks to replace them so hard to imagine we would get much better players with those picks. I’m starting to think maybe the Saints are going to trade their first pick to get a couple of picks in the teens . God I hope we don’t.

Go Saints

I think Lonie has shown enough over the past couple of months to be given at least 1 more year to prove himself . So far we have lost Meatballs , Gilbert , Connellan , Wright , Freeman , Goddard , Stevens . That’s 7 players we have to replace , I would think that’s enough in one year although that means that we keep Weller as well lol. After all we are going to have very high draft picks to replace them so hard to imagine we would get much better players with those picks. I’m starting to think maybe the Saints are going to trade their first pick to get a couple of picks in the teens . God I hope we don’t.

Go Saints
Lonie is goneski...unless we up our offer to 3 years. Aint gonna happen.
Hickey would be mad not to go to WCE as well...i'd imagine they'd offer a 2 year deal + 3rd year trigger

I reckon Acres and Dunstan will also advise the club they want to be moved on

With Meatball & Gilbo now both gone, I hope we have a plan for our list spots that doesn't involve using all of Picks 58, 61, 66 & 76.

Edit: I don't really know how rookie elevations work, can we use two of those rubbish picks to elevate RoMa and Pierce?

Does it qualify as a cleanout yet?

We've only actually delisted four off our list so far, as Stevens has retired and Gilbert has effectively retired too. Connellan was not on either of our lists (main or rookie lists) as he was a category B rookie and was separate to the four players we had allocated to the rookie list (Pearce, Joyce, Langlands & Marshall). So Connellan doesn't need to be 'replaced' per se, although we can add another Cat B player if we want to.

So delisting four fringe players and retiring two at this time of year is pretty much standard. I suspect the only other player movements will be via trades where we get something in return (albeit not much in some cases). So I wouldn't classify it as a clean-out.

With Meatball & Gilbo now both gone, I hope we have a plan for our list spots that doesn't involve using all of Picks 58, 61, 66 & 76.

Edit: I don't really know how rookie elevations work, can we use two of those rubbish picks to elevate RoMa and Pierce?
Yeah, we'd have to use our last 2 to elevate them. I think they could only play when senior players went on the long-term injury list (which would have been Robbo and Stevens)

We've only actually delisted four off our list so far, as Stevens has retired and Gilbert has effectively retired too. Connellan was not on either of our lists (main or rookie lists) as he was a category B rookie and was separate to the four players we had allocated to the rookie list (Pearce, Joyce, Langlands & Marshall). So Connellan doesn't need to be 'replaced' per se, although we can add another Cat B player if we want to.

So delisting four fringe players and retiring two at this time of year is pretty much standard. I suspect the only other player movements will be via trades where we get something in return (albeit not much in some cases). So I wouldn't classify it as a clean-out.

Good point , I didn’t think of that .

Go Saints

Go Saints
i like meatball he had a bit of x-factor:rage::cry:
He did , for about two games every year ,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back