On top of these 3

Retire Jacobs
Delist and pay out Campbell’s rookie wage
Tom Murphy
W Walker
Wood
Pittard

Takes it to 9

I don’t think Cat B rookies will be part of the list cull so no harm in keeping McGuinness another year. If it is included then that obviously changes

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On top of these 3

Retire Jacobs
Delist and pay out Campbell’s rookie wage
Tom Murphy
W Walker
Wood
Pittard

Takes it to 9

I don’t think Cat B rookies will be part of the list cull so no harm in keeping McGuinness another year. If it is included then that obviously changes

Will Walker?

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At the moment I would definitely be delisting the following players:

Jacobs
Garner
Wood
Williams
Hosie
McGuiness

I would be looking very closely at delisting:
Ahern
Murphy
Durdin
Pittard

If Tyson's calf is shot then pay him out. If we are confident that Daw and Maj is enough back up to Goldy then pay out Campbell as well.

I would be open to trading:
Atley
McMillan
Dumont (Maybe)
Polec (Maybe)
Brown (Only if an amazing return was on offer)

One year deals:
Xerri
Turner
Bonar
Crocker
Daw

Two-year deals:
Both Walkers
Hayden

Three-year deals:
Jed
Taylor
Scott

Will Walker - 2 years? lucky if he gets a new contract

I think you need experienced/mature/leadership on every line. Assuming Brown re-signs...

Forwards: Brown+Daw+Ziebell
Mids: Cunnington+Anderson+Higgins
Defenders: Tarrant+Walker+McDonald

Everyone else older (26+) is expendable. We aren't going to move them all on this one draft, but we will probably cut deep.

Even though Dumont has had a good year and has improved... he isn't quick, he isn't attacking enough, doesn't create enough forward drive and he will get a back seat when Cunnington returns. I think our midfield has been our Achilles heel for a decade, we do not have enough class and we also faced with the problem that our two best mids in Cunnington+Higgins are nearing the end. We need to fast track LDU. We "hope" Thomas and Scott will be good mids but they might not shine as mids, Thomas doesn't seem like he will get a lot of the ball "at this stage".

We need a massive injection of talent into the midfield.

Aug 11, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At the moment I would definitely be delisting the following players:

Jacobs
Garner
Wood
Williams
Hosie
McGuiness

I would be looking very closely at delisting:
Ahern
Murphy
Durdin
Pittard

If Tyson's calf is shot then pay him out. If we are confident that Daw and Maj is enough back up to Goldy then pay out Campbell as well.

I would be open to trading:
Atley
McMillan
Dumont (Maybe)
Polec (Maybe)
Brown (Only if an amazing return was on offer)

One year deals:
Xerri
Turner
Bonar
Crocker
Daw

Two-year deals:
Both Walkers
Hayden

Three-year deals:
Jed
Taylor
Scott
It would be awesome to have both Daw and Maj to back up Goldy.

Daw to ruck and float forward while Maj stays in defence.

Mate Daw, Maj and Goldy are all getting on, so I think we might need a couple more back ups. Based on that I'd keep both Tristan and Xerri as well.

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 4.40.01 pm.png

I had a crack at this yesterday, posted in a different thread.

I reckon if we are serious about getting in talent (and we need to reduce list size) we need to trim the fat.

Left a few experience players on the list but would prefer them playing in the reserves than the first 22 (ie. Atley, JMac, Pittard, Hall).

Would love to make some bold calls similar to what Fremantle are doing right now and pay out Tyson and Campbell (or trade if possible at all).

Reckon Marley is a great defender but he butchers the ball so bad - last year he was offered a 1 year deal which I thought was strange given he played pretty much every game he was fit. I reckon they have been looking to move him out of the side all year and wouldn't be surprised if they have no intent on re-signing him.

W. Walker, A. Bonar, T. Murphy and L. Hosie are yet to prove that they deserve a starting spot each week but all deservce at least another year to do so (Hosie maybe the exception to this, given his age he probably is expected to pick things up a bit quicker than a first year player).

Unless I'm missing something, I don't understand why Crocker would be on our list next year - As far as I can tell he is still a long way off playing and I'm not sure what he brings that other players don't have?

Not sure what the go is with Polec but reckon he should go if we don't think he fits in the team - better to make a hard call now and not in a year or mores time when his value has gone down.

Would love a more Soccer type attitude towards trading and drafting this year.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Time to get serious and stop treating it like a local club that keeps guys around to long.
Especially ones that have no future and aren’t even B graders for varying reasons.
Probably gone over that list many times all these depressing threads. So much hope when they were brought in but at the end it didn’t work out.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I have de listings and TBC's at 13, that's a big number:

I expect Daw, Williams to likely get deals, but you never know.

Brown is only there as it's unclear if we trade him.

View attachment 944588
Williams is gone by the way Rhyce has turfed him out of the team when the league restarted

It's his new Bailey Scott.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

TZ loves anyone that is slow and goes in hard with iffy skills.
Just look at his Tyson to tag idea.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we don't sign Will we've lost the plot, the archetypal modern day footballer. I'll state my case of which I'm certain, Walker is going to be a very ,very good footballer.
Surprised some cannot see it.🤷‍♂️

happy for a 1 year extension if he gets back on the park, but just a tad worried he may be another injury prone player on our list

Back