List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

He is better off buying a house and renting it out, and living in a different one. That way he can claim the interest of the property he owns on tax.

We shouldn't make big assumption based on where he has bought a house. We have not lost a player we wanted to keep for a very long time and I don't see that changing while we are a top 4 team.

He's only contracted till season end :eek::eek::eek:

The house could be an investment but I wouldn't say Elwood is the suburb for that. Also, The house purchase proves his mind is some what in melbourne. Sorry for being a cynic guys... lets just hope he plays poor next season so no one wants him, wait... :p

Hopefully he stays or we get something quality for him.

He's the kind of player a spooner would snatch up in the draft if no trade could be agreed to and he nominated...

WCE/GWS??

He'd go to a Melbourne based club for a third round pick you'd think. If he can prove this year that he can play.

Our draft picks this year are starting to make more sense. It'll be interesting to see if Sheridan and Crozier sign before mid season. I think how many games they play will be the determining factor.

Hopefully he signs.

If not, and I know this is a bit petty, send him into the preseason draft and let him run the gauntlet rather than taking a scrap pick to get him where he wants.

Sends a decent signal to any future suitors of ours players that they have to offer something decent or we will walk away.

Lot of stuff to happen before any of this is a concern anyway.

Hopefully he signs.

If not, and I know this is a bit petty, send him into the preseason draft and let him run the gauntlet rather than taking a scrap pick to get him where he wants.

Sends a decent signal to any future suitors of ours players that they have to offer something decent or we will walk away.

Lot of stuff to happen before any of this is a concern anyway.
Yeah, Luke Ball and Collingwood sure learned their lesson when St Kilda refused to deal in 2009/2010.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Relax guys, we got no clue whats happening so lets not jump to conclusions. If he says he wants to put contract talks on hold until the end of the year, then I'll be nervous, but for all we know he might sign a new contract halfway through the season.

Why doesn't Crozier have a WA girlfriend yet? Lachie has one, time for Crozier to bag one and stay here FOREVER (and his brother decides to move to Perth too)

In all honesty though, it is hard to tell but I can't blame everyone for being a little nervous. Vic Metro boys are always risky aren't they... Let's hope it's just an investment.

Why doesn't Crozier have a WA girlfriend yet? Lachie has one, time for Crozier to bag one and stay here FOREVER (and his brother decides to move to Perth too)

In all honesty though, it is hard to tell but I can't blame everyone for being a little nervous. Vic Metro boys are always risky aren't they... Let's hope it's just an investment.

Time for you to take one for the team.

Hmmm it's all speculation, i posted the orginal link because i wrongly thought it was a Perth house and it was a good sign that we had locked him away.

It could just be nothing more than a investment property. Really want us to lock him away, he's just coming good and i reckon he'll be a great asset in our forward line.

But...... to muddy the waters alittle more. Mason Crozier (Hayden's brother) posted a congratulations on his instagram account and added the hashtag futurepad.

Hopefully he means future as in 10 years from now.

http://instagram.com/p/wn0yUShyZA/

Nope just think he probably deserves more game time, and could get that at a Melbourne or Bulldogs or Saint Kilda.
Who would you drop for him? IMO he's been ok without being great. He doesn't displace Hill or Pearce on a wing, Sutty in the backline, any of the forwards and is too light to be an inside mid. Of course, that's my opinion, but would be interested to where you'd play him and replace him with.

He'd go to a Melbourne based club for a third round pick you'd think. If he can prove this year that he can play.

Our draft picks this year are starting to make more sense. It'll be interesting to see if Sheridan and Crozier sign before mid season. I think how many games they play will be the determining factor.
pick 20 with 3 years development in him, all but established himself (Ross Lyon's words) in a top 4 team and you reckon we won't get a pick inside the first 40 odd for him?
Elwood is a lovely place, I lived there for a couple of years. It would be a great investment for a young man. He's probably happy sharing a house over here with a couple of the other boys for a few more years yet.
He would probably have it in the back of his mind to go home eventually but everything I've heard out of his mouth suggests he loves being at Freo and I reckon like the rest of the team he'd think there is some unfinished business to take care of before he goes.

pick 20 with 3 years development in him, all but established himself (Ross Lyon's words) in a top 4 team and you reckon we won't get a pick inside the first 40 odd for him?
Elwood is a lovely place, I lived there for a couple of years. It would be a great investment for a young man. He's probably happy sharing a house over here with a couple of the other boys for a few more years yet.
He would probably have it in the back of his mind to go home eventually but everything I've heard out of his mouth suggests he loves being at Freo and I reckon like the rest of the team he'd think there is some unfinished business to take care of before he goes.

Hear hear - myself I have an instinct that Croz is our most likely player to answer the call of home eventually. In the meantime however there is a lot of unfinished business for him here in Perth. He strikes me as the kind of guy (who despite his growing confidence and stature) genuinely feels he's still got something to prove, as he hasn't yet shown people everything he's capable of.

Personally I hope he stays for the long term - I think he's a class act who's only going to get better with time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back