List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

There are spots available in the future though, Crowley, Duffield, Johnson, Pearce, have competition
to keep theirs, and some are close to retiring. Johnson has injury concerns, and at his age it takes
longer to recover. Mundy could play Johnson's position, freeing up a spot in the midfield.
So many variables, and combinations available to the match committee, will have a new dynamic, feel
very soon.

pick 20 with 3 years development in him, all but established himself (Ross Lyon's words) in a top 4 team and you reckon we won't get a pick inside the first 40 odd for him?
Elwood is a lovely place, I lived there for a couple of years. It would be a great investment for a young man. He's probably happy sharing a house over here with a couple of the other boys for a few more years yet.
He would probably have it in the back of his mind to go home eventually but everything I've heard out of his mouth suggests he loves being at Freo and I reckon like the rest of the team he'd think there is some unfinished business to take care of before he goes.

Crozier is hardly established, Doubt he'd be in the first 18 picked yet. With Duffy, Deluca and Langdon breathing down his neck the pressure is on. Lets hope he has a break out season and can take Sunny's possy while sunny moves up the field.

Crozier is hardly established, Doubt he'd be in the first 18 picked yet. With Duffy, Deluca and Langdon breathing down his neck the pressure is on. Lets hope he has a break out season and can take Sunny's possy while sunny moves up the field.

You are right; he is not established yet.
I watched the replay of rd 20 vs Geelong this morning and he is worth being excited about.
This is the year, we should be hoping he makes his own.

He has time - deluca and langdon will need the same 3 years of development

Duffy will be the croz of last year - couple more games into him but still a cameo player

Who would you drop for him? IMO he's been ok without being great. He doesn't displace Hill or Pearce on a wing, Sutty in the backline, any of the forwards and is too light to be an inside mid. Of course, that's my opinion, but would be interested to where you'd play him and replace him with.
Not saying anybody should be dropped, but if he were performing like thatin the VFL at one of the clubs I mentioned, he would get more of a go. Players don't play AFL to be reserves players.

I think Crozier established himself as best 22 over the last half dozen games of 2014. He needs to maintain form and will probably not get breathing space if he does not maintain form. He is in my best 22.

Last edited:
Out of all our young guys, Crozier is my favourite. I love his arrogance, like the way he drove Burgoynes face into the dirt after running him down in the forward pocket, then calmly slotting the goal at a critical time of the game. I think he will free up Son son to move into the midfield. Our scoring power looks far greater with him in the team.

Not saying anybody should be dropped, but if he were performing like thatin the VFL at one of the clubs I mentioned, he would get more of a go. Players don't play AFL to be reserves players.
I know, but you can't give him game time just because he doesn't like playing in the seconds. I agree, he'd get games at the cellar dwellar clubs However, he doesn't play for them currently and shouldn't be gifted games simply because he's a flight risk. It's not even a certainty he'd get regular games there, Viv was even better than him at WAFL level and only cracked a few games at Melbourne who are the biggest basket case the games ever seen.

I know, but you can't give him game time just because he doesn't like playing in the seconds. I agree, he'd get games at the cellar dwellar clubs However, he doesn't play for them currently and shouldn't be gifted games simply because he's a flight risk. It's not even a certainty he'd get regular games there, Viv was even better than him at WAFL level and only cracked a few games at Melbourne who are the biggest basket case the games ever seen.
I'm not saying he should be gifted games, I said I wouldn't be surprised if he left due to lack of opportunities.

It's not a great sign. Hopefully he does stay, and we'd have to be in the box seat, but if he stays unsigned and we start to slide this year - with a few oldies dropping off in 2015/16 he might think he's better off in Melbourne. It wouldn't surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I hope that he as well as every other player on our list gets access to great investment advice and acts accordingly.

As I understand it, buying a property for rental/investment and not living in it, then later on, living in it as your primary residence is not a good plan.

But the reality is that owning a property anywhere doesn't imply that much these days. I have a house in Freo and live in Bali. Vice versa not too long ago. Not sure where I will be living in a few years time. All are good investments.

pick 20 with 3 years development in him, all but established himself (Ross Lyon's words) in a top 4 team and you reckon we won't get a pick inside the first 40 odd for him?
Elwood is a lovely place, I lived there for a couple of years. It would be a great investment for a young man. He's probably happy sharing a house over here with a couple of the other boys for a few more years yet.
He would probably have it in the back of his mind to go home eventually but everything I've heard out of his mouth suggests he loves being at Freo and I reckon like the rest of the team he'd think there is some unfinished business to take care of before he goes.
I could handle having crozier move back maybe three seasons from now. But if he were to leave this year it'd gut me. We'd get sh!t all in return. Especially given where he is in his development life cycle.

I bought my place 7 years before I moved into it with my future wife. Hopefully croz will be doing something similar.

I could handle having crozier move back maybe three seasons from now. But if he were to leave this year it'd gut me. We'd get sh!t all in return. Especially given where he is in his development life cycle.

I bought my place 7 years before I moved into it with my future wife. Hopefully croz will be doing something similar.

I bought my place 7 months before moving into it with my wife, I hope Croz is not doing something similar.

For my morale's sake, I'm going with your angle.

Do you know what 'investment' means?
Sure, if you're Chad Wingard or a 25-year old with money in the bank and a $350k paycheque. But Hayden Crozier is probably on 180k a year or something, probably less, and has barely stitched up a ten year career. Elwood, like all those beachside suburbs, would be expensive. He's probably paid 600 grand for that apartment.

For a 21 year old at his standing in the game, it's a very bold move.

Nat Fye has a huge house. But it's in that new development near the bad side of South Beach. And this is Nat Fyfe - who will play AFL for 12 more years on a million bucks a season. He's probably stumped up 1.4ish for his his house - so why and how would Croz afford something half the price but on nowhere near the same financial level.

Especially when you're stumping up rent in Fremantle or somewhere nearby.

As mentioned, he has shown a bit in then set few games but he needs to really bring that passion and intensity in every game and become not just a 22 player, but an asset to the side. I like his aggression and like him more than Sheridan et al. But he's not proven anything. And I want him to stay at Freo. This doesn't send s great message.

Sure, if you're Chad Wingard or a 25-year old with money in the bank and a $350k paycheque. But Hayden Crozier is probably on 180k a year or something, probably less, and has barely stitched up a ten year career. Elwood, like all those beachside suburbs, would be expensive. He's probably paid 600 grand for that apartment.

For a 21 year old at his standing in the game, it's a very bold move.

Nat Fye has a huge house. But it's in that new development near the bad side of South Beach. And this is Nat Fyfe - who will play AFL for 12 more years on a million bucks a season. He's probably stumped up 1.4ish for his his house - so why and how would Croz afford something half the price but on nowhere near the same financial level.

Especially when you're stumping up rent in Fremantle or somewhere nearby.

As mentioned, he has shown a bit in then set few games but he needs to really bring that passion and intensity in every game and become not just a 22 player, but an asset to the side. I like his aggression and like him more than Sheridan et al. But he's not proven anything. And I want him to stay at Freo. This doesn't send s great message.

If he is on $180,000 or something close to it, he could afford that mortgage easily. Especially considering whomever is renting it from him is paying him Elwood rental prices. My mortgage is bigger than that, and I earn earn a lot less than $180,000.

Also worth considering that his parents may have helped him pay for it.

Being the glass half full man, maybe he has extended already and the news will filter out when Freo want it out allowing him to invest in the property with the comfort of a contract extention.

If he is on $180,000 or something close to it, he could afford that mortgage easily. Especially considering whomever is renting it from him is paying him Elwood rental prices. My mortgage is bigger than that, and I earn earn a lot less than $180,000.

His parents are what I'm worried about, wouldn't surprise me if they pressure him to come home. Didn't his mum scream out 'no' or something like that when he got drafted?

I bet lots of guys in Elwood are called Jake,
just like lots of guys in Munster are called Herman.
sorry, bad jokes.
Good young player, set to really do well.
Hopefully he stays as I'm not a fan of mercenary styled actions by players (will not be a big fan of Griffen at my team)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back