List Management 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Re-signed:
Steven Summerton - Gun, Will stay as our SANFL captain.
Luke Reynolds - Kicked 43 goals in a breakout season.
Nathan Rudloff - Terrific debut season for us, a very reliable small defender.
Louis Sharrad - The big bodied midfielder impressed me for the most part.
Robbie Young - Gets injured a fair bit but has a load of talent.
Anthony Biemans - Poor season, Will be backed in.
Tom Gray - The 3rd shade of Gray was impressive in the handful of games he played.
Jonathon Ross - Very good Academy Ruck and solid depth at SANFL level.
Tom Corcoran - Good Academy player, Solid depth.
Zac Hawkins - Good Academy player, Solid depth.

New:
Jamie Hampton - From West Adelaide, Brother of former GWS/Current Crow Curtly Hampton.

Promoted:
Adam Mahney - Son of former Port premiership player Wayne Mahney.
Keanu Miller - Classy small forward who bring a lot of forward pressure.
Darcy Ginever - Son of PAFC Legend Tim Ginever.
Levi Proude - Academy B&F winner.

Gone:
Sid Masters to Eyre Peninsula.
Ciaran Hollingworth-Hughes to Modbury Hawks.

Unsigned:
Sean Davidson - Demoted to Academy.
Keiran Agius - Demoted to Academy.
Jack Cooper - Demoted to Academy.

Last edited:

AdsGoNads

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2014
SA Great
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brøndby IF, Adelaide City FC
Since it's unlikely that we'll make finals I've made this thread to sort of review the 15 SANFL listed players and predict/update on what happens to them.

Steven Summerton - Gun, Should stay as our SANFL captain. = Retain
Luke Reynolds - Kicked 43 goals in a breakout season. = Rookie list
Nathan Rudloff - Terrific debut season for us, a very reliable small defender. = Retain
Sidney Masters - The 20 year old has matured quickly down back. = Retain
Louis Sharrad - The big bodied midfielder impressed me for the most part. = Retain
Tom Gray - The 3rd shade of Gray was impressive in the handful of games he played. = Retain
Jonathon Ross - Very good Academy Ruck and solid depth at SANFL level. = Retain
Robbie Young - Gets injured a fair bit but has a load of talent. = Retain
Anthony Biemans - Poor season, but should be backed in. = Retain
Sean Davidson - Good Academy player, Solid depth. = Retain
Zac Hawkins - Good Academy player, Solid depth. = Retain
Tom Corcoran - Good Academy player, Solid depth. = Retain
Keiran Agius - Classy Academy player, Needs to be given a chance at SANFL level. = Retain
Ciaran Hollingworth-Hughes - Not sure if he'll end up being SANFL standard. = Demote to Academy
Jack Cooper - Didn't play SANFL, Wouldn't be fussed if he was demoted. = Demote to Academy

That would leave 3 free spots for possible Academy call ups.

Also think Reynolds, Masters and Rudloff will get bigger offers from other SANFL clubs.

Ross, Sharrad and Robbie Young an outside chance as well.

The question is: who will be poached by other SANFL clubs luring with $$ post 2017?

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Since it's unlikely that we'll make finals I've made this thread to sort of review the 15 SANFL listed players and predict/update on what happens to them.

Steven Summerton - Gun, Should stay as our SANFL captain. = Retain
Luke Reynolds - Kicked 43 goals in a breakout season. = Rookie list
Nathan Rudloff - Terrific debut season for us, a very reliable small defender. = Retain
Sidney Masters - The 20 year old has matured quickly down back. = Retain
Louis Sharrad - The big bodied midfielder impressed me for the most part. = Retain
Tom Gray - The 3rd shade of Gray was impressive in the handful of games he played. = Retain
Jonathon Ross - Very good Academy Ruck and solid depth at SANFL level. = Retain
Robbie Young - Gets injured a fair bit but has a load of talent. = Retain
Anthony Biemans - Poor season, but should be backed in. = Retain
Sean Davidson - Good Academy player, Solid depth. = Retain
Zac Hawkins - Good Academy player, Solid depth. = Retain
Tom Corcoran - Good Academy player, Solid depth. = Retain
Keiran Agius - Classy Academy player, Needs to be given a chance at SANFL level. = Retain
Ciaran Hollingworth-Hughes - Not sure if he'll end up being SANFL standard. = Demote to Academy
Jack Cooper - Didn't play SANFL, Wouldn't be fussed if he was demoted. = Demote to Academy

That would leave 3 free spots for possible Academy call ups.

Also think Reynolds, Masters and Rudloff will get bigger offers from other SANFL clubs.

Ross, Sharrad and Robbie Young an outside chance as well.
Nice work reading it felt like talking to myself. We're gunna miss Mitchell or can we keep him?
It's hard to keep a crowd when the list is a revolving door.

The question is: who will be poached by other SANFL clubs luring with $$ post 2017?
Post-2017 is too far out for me to guess. I do think if Ross develops enough next year a few clubs will look at him.

Nice work reading it felt like talking to myself. We're gunna miss Mitchell or can we keep him?
It's hard to keep a crowd when the list is a revolving door.
Mitchell is too old sadly. I expect he'll go play in the WAFL.

AdsGoNads

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2014
SA Great
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brøndby IF, Adelaide City FC
Post-2017 is too far out for me to guess. I do think if Ross develops enough next year a few clubs will look at him.

Mitchell is too old sadly. I expect he'll go play in the WAFL.

Had a chat with him after the Norwood game. I like him, always have. He's worked on his kicking too. Top bloke.

I hope there is some merit to the suggestion that he may be picked up by a WA club:

"Kane Mitchell, who has just been delisted from Port Adelaide, is from WA and might be a valuable pick-up for either of the WA clubs (he runs all day and you need only look at what Sam Butler has done the past few weeks to see taggers still have value)."

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...and-a-raise--except-suma-20160831-gr5hse.html

AlbertonAcolyte

Draftee
Sep 7, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sid Masters, Robbie Young, Summerton, Sharrad, Ross, Rudloff, and Reynolds are all must keep players. Mind you I said the same thing about Sawford and we all know what happened there.

I know it's off topic but is anyone else just wishing it was 2017 already?

So, any chance we could get Keenan Ramsey back after he was delisted by the Crows? Similar to the way we got Reynolds back from Carlton?

Hopefully, we'll have space on our list no doubt.

I hope there is some merit to the suggestion that he may be picked up by a WA club:

"Kane Mitchell, who has just been delisted from Port Adelaide, is from WA and might be a valuable pick-up for either of the WA clubs (he runs all day and you need only look at what Sam Butler has done the past few weeks to see taggers still have value)."

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...and-a-raise--except-suma-20160831-gr5hse.html
Odd that WAtoday is explaining Mitchell is from WA when he is a Sandover Medal winner.

Should have some players re-sign next month. Until then there is some interesting news coming out of other clubs that is sort of related to us.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3735/ This article will be updated.

Ramsey delisted by the crows, wouldn't mind bringing him back.

Raikiwasa (The younger one) won't be at Glenelg.

Derick Wanganeen (North) off to CMS Crows.

Kane Mitchell is confirmed going to WA.

Cam Hitchcock (South) going overseas.

Adam Hartlett and Ryan Willits (West) have both retired.

Also big Jarrad Redden (Eagles) has retired at 25 years of age.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have heard from south supporters that cam is only over seas over summer and will be back. I've also heard from an eagles fan that said he spoke to redden only a day or two before this was posted on the sanfl site and he said he was carrying on, so I dunno what to make of it. Also I've heard beimans has moved back to geelong, not sure how true that is how ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have heard from south supporters that cam is only over seas over summer and will be back. I've also heard from an eagles fan that said he spoke to redden only a day or two before this was posted on the sanfl site and he said he was carrying on, so I dunno what to make of it. Also I've heard beimans has moved back to geelong, not sure how true that is how ever.
Yeah I only assumed Hitchcock was having a holiday or something.

It'd be great if Redden kept going. Really liked the lad while he was with us and it would be a shame if injuries cut his career short at 25.

Also Biemans had a really poor season so if he's off then that's fine. We can upgrade a kid from the Academy.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I really don't wanna lose biemans tbh, least he has experiance, get rid of him and summo will be the guy on the list over 24, even with the power listed players playing, I think outside of Reynolds and masters how ever the rest I think we'd be able to hold on to.

I really don't wanna lose biemans tbh, least he has experiance, get rid of him and summo will be the guy on the list over 24, even with the power listed players playing, I think outside of Reynolds and masters how ever the rest I think we'd be able to hold on to.
I'll expect guys like Lobbe, O'Shea, Sam Gray, White, Krakouer, Monfries and Jonas may go through the Maggies a fair bit next season.

Keenan Ramsey has signed with the rooters so no homecoming/cleansing for him :(
Had a feeling that a KP player like him would fetch offers of more than $400.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Under the rules could we even get him, isn't there something about have to be off an all list for 2 years or some crap.. I try to avoid looking at our dodgy set up..

Under the rules could we even get him, isn't there something about have to be off an all list for 2 years or some crap.. I try to avoid looking at our dodgy set up..
We got Reynolds who was on an AFL list but didn't play AFL. I assumed we could do the same for Ramsey.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sean Davidson wrote on a port Adelaide post saying that sid masters is now at westies, not sure if they're just mucking around or not.

Sean Davidson wrote on a port Adelaide post saying that sid masters is now at westies, not sure if they're just mucking around or not.
Just read that. Yeah it's hard to tell if they are joking.

I'd be gutted if Sid left. He'd be getting a game here every week so maybe it's about $?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back