List Management 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

MutleyDog

Grumble Bum Extraordinaire
Nov 5, 2014
Straya
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone got any intel on the current state of the maggies list.
Who is already contracted?
Who has been spotted training?
Who is missing in action? Why?
Cheers

Cheers

First post in the thread is attempting to cover it.

Cheers
Per the AGM a few days ago Chad Cornes gave some information. Syd Masters has gone back to the farm on the Eyre Peninsula. I think we've signed 11 contracts so far. Byrons Firen can probably give you more details.

I know. But he was also the exact type of player to be dropped every week for our unselected AFL players. So IMO he came over to try and do a Sammy Gray, and when not picked up the better option was farming and country football.

I know. But he was also the exact type of player to be dropped every week for our unselected AFL players. So IMO he came over to try and do a Sammy Gray, and when not picked up the better option was farming and country football.
I reckon if he was 5cm taller he would have had a really good chance of getting drafted.

I've checked Byrons Firen's post with his AGM summary and surprisingly his information about the Maggies was largely the same as mine. We did have 'training the house down'. Also the name of one signed-up recruit they prize and one they expect to sign they are also pleased about. But lamely I can't remember those names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mahoney? far from certain tho'.
Yep, well done. Adam, that was one of the 2 named recruits.
I think from what was said his father was Wayne Mahney who played for us in the SANFL from 1984-1991. A few flags for his dad there as a Port Adelaide player and a Port Adelaide Magpies player, though I don't know if he played in all GFs during his time with us. I've met Wayne when involved with junior footy, he's a nice guy but 'hard'.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I would say

Louis Sharrad
Anthony Biemans
Sean Davidson
Zac Hawkins
Tom Corcoran

Have all resigned as they are training and that would put us up to 11

But he was also the exact type of player to be dropped every week for our unselected AFL players.
Huh?

He played 16 league games in 2016 and only two reserves.

Yep, well done. Adam, that was one of the 2 named recruits.
I think from what was said his father was Wayne Mahney who played for us in the SANFL from 1984-1991. A few flags for his dad there as a Port Adelaide player and a Port Adelaide Magpies player, though I don't know if he played in all GFs during his time with us. I've met Wayne when involved with junior footy, he's a nice guy but 'hard'.
I'm assuming he was promoted? He's listed as an Academy player on the clubs site.

Jamie Hampton (West Adelaide) has signed for the magpies going by the sanfl site
Brother of former GWS/current crows player Curtly Hampton.
http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/cent...m/news-story/b4a1ec5ea0a5f54929ff6d133652c465

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Hampton from our indigenous Academy IIRC?

Remember Mahney's name in best players a few times when we still had underage teams. Son of tough as teak Wayne., who I seem to recall had issues during his career with knee problems. Adam didn't play for Port last year that I can remember, possibly a long term injury kept him out. Slightly taller than the old man.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Hampton from our indigenous Academy IIRC?

Remember Mahney's name in best players a few times when we still had underage teams. Son of tough as teak Wayne., who I seem to recall had issues during his career with knee problems. Adam didn't play for Port last year that I can remember, possibly a long term injury kept him out. Slightly taller than the old man.
Adam did his knee in a reserves final match at the end of 2015, missed all of last season I assume.

Whatever happened to Will Northeast, is he any chance of getting a call up?

Interesting that we've signed Curtly Hampton's brother. IIRC he was considered a draft smokey last year. If he has a strong 2017 for the Magpies, maybe next year we get the first set of brothers on opposite sides of Port Road since the Bonds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back