List Management 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever happened to Will Northeast, is he any chance of getting a call up?
I think Northeast will be Academy Captain again. I'm also interested to see if the Academy B&F winner Levi Proude will get promoted.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I reckon if he was 5cm taller he would have had a really good chance of getting drafted.

Agreed, I remember a game at Alberton a couple of seasons back when Tom Clurey was struggling to cope with Pods.
Sid was moved onto him and did a much better job, he was very good one on one, and could often out body players who were a fair bit taller.

He also closed down the glenelg bloke who had kicked 6 or 7 goals in the first half on Cluzza in that night game at the bay oval.

Still, going home to the farm is a much better option than transferring to another club like eg sturt, who could pay him 3 or 4 times more per game than we are allowed to.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Agreed, I remember a game at Alberton a couple of seasons back when Tom Clurey was struggling to cope with Pods.
Sid was moved onto him and did a much better job, he was very good one on one, and could often out body players who were a fair bit taller.

He also closed down the glenelg bloke who had kicked 6 or 7 goals in the first half on Cluzza in that night game at the bay oval.

Still, going home to the farm is a much better option than transferring to another club like eg sturt, who could pay him 3 or 4 times more per game than we are allowed to.

Hopefully there's a small chance of him coming back next year then, albeit small chance but I hope its a possibility

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Whatever happened to Will Northeast, is he any chance of getting a call up?

Interesting that we've signed Curtly Hampton's brother. IIRC he was considered a draft smokey last year. If he has a strong 2017 for the Magpies, maybe next year we get the first set of brothers on opposite sides of Port Road since the Bonds.
Roger and Brett James ?

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Bloody awesome kick as well !

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd say Davidson and Hawkins would sign just before the trial games leaving us with two spots, I'd like to see Northeast and Proude come up, I'd say Agius, Cooper and Hollingworth-Hughes are either demoted or gone.

I'd say Davidson and Hawkins would sign just before the trial games leaving us with two spots, I'd like to see Northeast and Proude come up, I'd say Agius, Cooper and Hollingworth-Hughes are either demoted or gone.

Is Agius related to Ross?

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would be brilliant if he developed and ended up better than the Crows version and on the AFL list (has he even played a game for them)?
No he hasn't.

Also I think his younger brother is about 18. Played a few games of U18s/Reserves for Westies so I expect he'll play a bit of Academy with us first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A bit of luck with AFL injuries and the Academy team will dominate.

Tbh how ever the league side play a lot better when we have a mix of AFL and SANFL players on the field, I'd say we at least play better with 6 to 8 SANFL players out there, the 2014 gf was a shamble the fact we played unfit AFL lads ahead of guys like Bruggermann, Beimans and Slatts was a joke and cost us that gf, particularly Bruggermann being dropped.

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Tbh how ever the league side play a lot better when we have a mix of AFL and SANFL players on the field, I'd say we at least play better with 6 to 8 SANFL players out there, the 2014 gf was a shamble the fact we played unfit AFL lads ahead of guys like Bruggermann, Beimans and Slatts was a joke and cost us that gf, particularly Bruggermann being dropped.
The AFL players were required to be selected due to the SANFooL rules.

How times have changed

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The AFL players were required to be selected due to the SANFooL rules.

How times have changed

Oh I know, I'm more arguing the belief that the more AFL listed players we have the stronger we are.

The reason why the crows play better with more AFL players is because their "top up" players are amateur and country players and are not up to the standards.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Agreed, Russell was an eg of an unfit Power listed player ( due to missing the vast majority of the season with injury ), and was therefore not up to snafl league gf level, but under the rules had to be selected, while blokes like Bruggerman, Beimans and Haren, who had all played well for the majority of the season were dropped.

Two of the above unsurprisingly got the hump and left the club.

With Bruggeman in ruck for that gf it would have quite possibly been a different result, and Haren had kicked a huge goal from outside the 50 after a very strong mark at Alberton, that iced a very tight game the week before the finals began.

Got a feeling that we may be a bit short down back this year.

Carlile, O'Shea, Stewart and Masters gone. Who did we bring in that's a tall defender to replace them?

Edit: Saw Lienert and Jon Ross playing down back at family day, So I guess they could be options. + Doogie when he comes back.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Footy gossip so make of it what you will. Luke disappointed to not be drafted/rookied. Told we want to see one more year from you.
Eyeballed him at Family day and surprised how tall he is. Got a left foot from heaven.
Will be his 3rd season since returning from Carlton. Must be desperate to be redrafted to Port because he could be getting paid 3x plus anywhere else AND be a focal point in the forward line. Would walk into South's line up with Eddy gone.

EDIT: Get's an occasional run through the midfield with Port so I guess that's what the AFL recruiters want to see

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I honestly don't see Eddy playing AFL, delisted at the end of this year IMO, just recruited him so no one else has him, seems to be more of a loop hole recruit for the magpies rather than the power.

That would open up Reynolds for next year if he performs well again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back