List Management 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be his 3rd season since returning from Carlton. Must be desperate to be redrafted to Port because he could be getting paid 3x plus anywhere else AND be a focal point in the forward line. Would walk into South's line up with Eddy gone.

EDIT: Get's an occasional run through the midfield with Port so I guess that's what the AFL recruiters want to see
o_O

If he does, I've certainly never noticed.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
I honestly don't see Eddy playing AFL,
I can but the JLT series might tell us plenty. If Dixon misses thru' whatever Eddy seems a logical fill in.
Tomorrow night plenty of wannabes will be nervous. Got a hunch if he plays and gets an early touch
his confidence and career could change in 1 game.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I can but the JLT series might tell us plenty. If Dixon misses thru' whatever Eddy seems a logical fill in.
Tomorrow night plenty of wannabes will be nervous. Got a hunch if he plays and gets an early touch
his confidence and career could change in 1 game.

JLT games don't count, he was always gonna play in that comp, if dougal is fit they'll pick him over Eddy. Honestly, Eddy is a good footballer but he's not exactly AFL standered, just honest truth.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
JLT games don't count, he was always gonna play in that comp, if dougal is fit they'll pick him over Eddy. Honestly, Eddy is a good footballer but he's not exactly AFL standered, just honest truth.
We'll see. I'm a hopeless optimist until it's obvious. imo Dooogs wont be on the radar 'til back end of season.
Where our list worries me is another tall defender. If JT is pencilled in as a KPF suddenly Logan Austin becomes very
important and yet he's only got a handful of games.

Why would we delist Eddy to pick up Reynolds? Eddy is both a much better footballer at SANFL level and has a body and gamestyle which will translate more easily to AFL level. Eddy is far from a guarantee to make it at AFL level, but he's got a significantly better shot than Reynolds would.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why would we delist Eddy to pick up Reynolds? Eddy is both a much better footballer at SANFL level and has a body and gamestyle which will translate more easily to AFL level. Eddy is far from a guarantee to make it at AFL level, but he's got a significantly better shot than Reynolds would.

Mate, you'll pick your younger forwards before you'll ever pick Eddy, he's 27 almost 28, sorry but he won't play, I'm telling ya Drew would get a game before Eddy does.

Mate, you'll pick your younger forwards before you'll ever pick Eddy, he's 27 almost 28, sorry but he won't play, I'm telling ya Drew would get a game before Eddy does.

What's your point? Robbie Gray is 29, spud delist.

An AFL club does not draft a 27 year old if they don't think there's some chance that he'll get a game for them.

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
With the little that i have seen of B Eddy playing for South i have to admit i liked what i saw of him. Good mover and an intelligent footballer imo.
The way the coaches setup and play things will have a big bearing whether he fits in and uses his skills, i hope they get it right and give this guy the chance to flourish.
Will be sad to see if things dont work out not only for Eddy but our coaches to. Seen to many players burnt through the stupidity of coaches.

If he kicks goals at the level he did last season (almost 80) he's deffs a chance to play.

But 1 of Trengove, Dixon and Westhoff would probs have to be injured for that to happen or Trengove going down back to open the spot up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry?????????

Why sorry????????????

You are wrong, no need to apologise.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Being a decent human being I have no problem admitting I'm wrong if he plays, I just don't honestly see it. Just an opinion, which is what forum's are for. :)

Wayne Mahney's son ... now I'm feeling really old.

Mahns was an excitement machine as a younger player. Explosive speed, could take a hanger and as a pest put Josh Carr and Trengove to shame. Not worried about getting a sneaky hit in or squirting an opponent in the face with the water bottle.

It's a shame knee injuries and maybe not the world's best practice rehab approach shortened his career and contribution. But still a memorable player.

Was one of Jack's go to players in grand finals regardless of his fitness.

Wayne Mahney's son ... now I'm feeling really old.

Mahns was an excitement machine as a younger player. Explosive speed, could take a hanger and as a pest put Josh Carr and Trengove to shame. Not worried about getting a sneaky hit in or squirting an opponent in the face with the water bottle.

It's a shame knee injuries and maybe not the world's best practice rehab approach shortened his career and contribution. But still a memorable player.

Was one of Jack's go to players in grand finals regardless of his fitness.

Got it on DVD Mahns disgraced himself (as Darryl Hicks said in the commentary)

Half time in the/a grand final against the Bays, Jim West (I think it was him?) was walking off near Greg Phillips, suddenly Mahns come flying across to give him a love tap on the jaw. He then went off in close company with Kutchie

Well, I was on here a few weeks ago saying Eddy won't get an AFL game, I said I'd say sorry if I was wrong and here I am proven wrong on round 1 haha

Sorry haha

Would you mind predicting that Eddy won't kick a bag this week? Let's keep this streak going.

Rexie J

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2012
YP
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A couple of former Port players on the move to the Yorke Peninsular. Luke Harder has been lured to Moonta. Jared Redden has returned to his home town and will play for the Southern Eagles. Shayne Biacsi has left the Paskeville club after about four years. Mark Dolling left Pasky end of 2015 and I believe played over on the West Coast 2016 season.

A couple of familiar sounding names, James and Jake Watt also leaving Pasky. Not sure if they played for Port, just names are familiar.

Several recruited from Woodville/West Torrens. Sam Lodge, Giles and Brett Ellis and Kieren Smith from an unamed SANFL club. North?

Christian Bock, yep brother of, will play for Wallaroo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back