List Management 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

you should been required to submit a request to form a reserves side in the SANFL under the name Power.
No thanks. Being the Magpies at both AFL and SANFL level would sound better.

Sanfls fault or Keith Thomas as to what has happened with PAMFC.

Thomas knew what would happen long term and happily signed off on it.

Not sanfls fault some are only catching up now
Who gives a *.

Move on.

No thanks. Being the Magpies at both AFL and SANFL level would sound better.

OMG. The Port Adelaide football club is a business. Name changes happen in businesses all the time. At my work place ive seen us have 6 different names. You changed your name as you were joining a competition which already had a side named the magpies. There can not be two. So either you enter into the AFL with a new name or you didnt enter at all.
In 1990 Port wanted to leave the SANFL all together which led to the crows being formed earlier than anticipated. So why not leave the SANFL now.

OMG. The Port Adelaide football club is a business. Name changes happen in businesses all the time. At my work place ive seen us have 6 different names. You changed your name as you were joining a competition which already had a side named the magpies. There can not be two. So either you enter into the AFL with a new name or you didnt enter at all.
In 1990 Port wanted to leave the SANFL all together which led to the crows being formed earlier than anticipated. So why not leave the SANFL now.
We are waiting on the AFL to pull their finger out and make an AFL reserves comp.

So this means AFL reserves in 2018 and no Academy ???
The article is talking about our SANFL reserves side (Academy). Not AFL reserves side.

We'll have AFL, SANFL and Academy sides next year. Nothing changes.

Last edited:
If Steven Summerton does move to another club :(, who do you think we should target as a marquee player?
Do we get the ability to have one? I reckon the SANFL would somehow force us to make an AFL listed player captain.

And go where ?

It's PAFC not PAMFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are implying

1.Keith Thomas is an idiot or corrupt or both? (Evidence would seem to suggest otherwise).

2. The Sanfl knowingly constructed a document that would disadvantage one of the states major football assets deliberately and with forethought?. (100 or so years of evidence of this I would say).

Tom Gray to the Eagles ? Dumb move with the exodus of first choice players. I would soon rookie him than keep Snelling.

Not my fault people are complaining about what's happening to the maggies now.

The real magpies supporters who were against them being afl reserves knew what would happen.

Blame the sanfl all you want if it makes you feel better
I'm a real Port Adelaide supporter and I wanted all our players under the one club banner.

Our AFL players shouldn't be farmed out to other clubs playing in the SANFL reserves comp out of position and others single-handedly winning other clubs the flag while being under our cap.

Im sorry but our 2013 list was treated like trash, from the league and the club, no if ands or buts. Ill never call someone like Cam Hewitt or Will Snelling more Port Adelaide than Zane Kirkwood or Ben Sawford or Louis Sharrad. Never ever.

Im sorry but our 2013 list was treated like trash, from the league and the club, no if ands or buts. Ill never call someone like Cam Hewitt or Will Snelling more Port Adelaide than Zane Kirkwood or Ben Sawford or Louis Sharrad. Never ever.
We really should have been given the option to drop young AFL listed players that are not SANFL standard yet to the Academy. It would help their development a bit and give them some confidence instead of throwing them in the deep end. EG Hewett, or Ladhams to ruck in the Academy instead of being 4th tall forward/3rd ruck.

Guys like Summerton (Our Captain) should be playing every game.

We really should have been given the option to drop young AFL listed players that are not SANFL standard yet to the Academy. It would help their development a bit and give them some confidence instead of throwing them in the deep end. EG Hewett, or Ladhams to ruck in the Academy instead of being 4th tall forward/3rd ruck.

Guys like Summerton (Our Captain) should be playing every game.

Im against the magpies being a power reserves side as ive always voiced on here but its happened but we should protest tge stupid rules more, but honestly i think the club actually likes that all AFL players must be picked despite making the magpies look like a joke, you used to have to earn the right to wear that shirt, now, meh.

Im against the magpies being a power reserves side as ive always voiced on here but its happened but we should protest tge stupid rules more, but honestly i think the club actually likes that all AFL players must be picked despite making the magpies look like a joke, you used to have to earn the right to wear that shirt, now, meh.
Reserves teams usually are a bit 'meh' though, aren't they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back