List Management 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

So after asking a lot of people in the know it looks like the rules are that both Port and Crows are allowed to draft 2 undrafted players. Davis and Davidson for Port. Crows had Murphy and Lever last year. The rest coming from amatuers/Country leagues etc. Cant find it written anywhere about this.

So after asking a lot of people in the know it looks like the rules are that both Port and Crows are allowed to draft 2 undrafted players. Davis and Davidson for Port. Crows had Murphy and Lever last year. The rest coming from amatuers/Country leagues etc. Cant find it written anywhere about this.

Cheers. Thanks for that info.

Just got an email back from Phil Harper. He said we are under the same rule as Port with the leadership player but don’t have anyone available since Callinan retired. Both POrt and Crows can recruit 4 undrafted players this year. Crows are looking like only using the one on James Lonergan from Sydney

Last edited:
I promise I will get off your board soon but I send lots of emails and thought you guys would be interested. Latest response I got is from the SANFL. They said both Port and Crows can have a leadership player ( although Harper said Crows dont have anyone eligible). Also that they can list a maximum of 4 interstate 19 year olds for a period of two years.

Also I found out that you guys probably already knew
Summerton as a 26 year old was only able to be paid $400 a game. Once he turned 28 they paid it back. Hence why he is now the marquee player. Originally it was Slattery. As Summo is 30 now and with only a few years left Port will have the same issues as Adelaide for their Marquee player

Last edited:
I promise I will get off your board soon but I send lots of emails and thought you guys would be interested. Latest response I got is from the SANFL. They said both Port and Crows can have a leadership player ( although Harper said Crows dont have anyone eligible). Also that they can list a maximum of 4 interstate 19 year olds for a period of two years.

Summerton as a 26 year old was only able to be paid $400 a game. Once he turned 28 they paid it back. Hence why he is now the marquee player. Originally it was Slattery. As Summo is 30 now and with only a few years left Port will have the same issues as Adelaide for their Marquee player

What are the criteria for eligibility of a "leadership" player, and in what such a tag affects the player and the club?

Whenever you have info, you are more than welcome here mate.

No idea who our captain would be if Summo left at the end of 2018. Wouldn't mind bringing back Kane Mitchell if the rules allowed it.

Whenever you have info, you are more than welcome here mate.

No idea who our captain would be if Summo left at the end of 2018. Wouldn't mind bringing back Kane Mitchell if the rules allowed it.

Which is why im sad to see Sharrad and Beimans go because im sure they were the front runners for it.

Dallas Hill is 25, 15 games for centrals, lets say Summo continues for another year after this maybe he could be someone with enough experience by that time to take it.

Just got an email back from Phil Harper. He said we are under the same rule as Port with the leadership player but don’t have anyone available since Callinan retired. Both POrt and Crows can recruit 4 undrafted players this year. Crows are looking like only using the one on James Lonergan from Sydney
Thanks for confirming this. :thumbsu: We have contracted 2 undrafted 18 year olds and I couldn't find anything on the net that says the rules have changed to allow this. After 2014 the rules changed and we were restricted to 18 to 23 year olds from South Oz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Mahney has signed for Rosewater along with academy player James Deeley-Godfrey

James D-G had a great prelim final for the Academy. Thought he had potential to be a Maggies listed player.
02568f2e-6be2-4657-a143-1a2c1e74fb00.jpg

Id say with the SANFL Fast Footy tournement being on this Friday and Saturday we'll see who our other posdible SANFL contracted lads are this season.

Unsigned Maggies player Darcy Ginever in the PAFC squad for the fast footy games. Nothing on Jamie Hampton yet.

I would mind finding out if Sean Davidson and Keiren Aguis stuck around after not getting senior contracts last year.
Sean Davidson (Maggies listed player in 2016 that was demoted to the Academy in 2017) has gone to Glenelg.
Keiran Agius (Maggies listed player in 2016 that was demoted to the Academy in 2017) has gone to Norwood.

anyone have any height/weight measurements of hill and mead? super pumped to see mead play with us

I think i've missed i Maggies home game in 3/4 yrs and i'm gutted to see so many regular players not with us anymore.
Heard whispers of low morale last yr and for me it's contagious :(. I'll keep showing up and learn to love our new players BUT
it feels different this yr ......... real different ...........and right now, for me anyway .......... not better.
Never warmed to Chad as a coach. To lose last year's Granny was unforgivable and feel as tho' Ken has shaken the shite out of my
beloved Magpies.

I don't even pretend to be logical and maybe deep down i've got it wrong. Too much change too quickly for this old stager.
I get that the focus and the future is Port in the AFL and my opinion is not worth much but felt the need to debrief amongst
fellow tragics.

See you all at Family day.

I think i've missed i Maggies home game in 3/4 yrs and i'm gutted to see so many regular players not with us anymore.
Heard whispers of low morale last yr and for me it's contagious :(. I'll keep showing up and learn to love our new players BUT
it feels different this yr ......... real different ...........and right now, for me anyway .......... not better.
Never warmed to Chad as a coach. To lose last year's Granny was unforgivable and feel as tho' Ken has shaken the shite out of my
beloved Magpies.

I don't even pretend to be logical and maybe deep down i've got it wrong. Too much change too quickly for this old stager.
I get that the focus and the future is Port in the AFL and my opinion is not worth much but felt the need to debrief amongst
fellow tragics.

Ultimately the lack of injuries to the AFL squad has made most of the SANFL listed players move on. If we cop a lot of injuries this year we'll be in trouble.

Summerton is the only proven SANFL player now. Proude is a top Academy player and Hill has played a little bit of SANFL but apart from that the standard drops quickly after that.

beloved Magpies.

fellow tragics.

I was completely against tge magpies becoming a power reserves side, still am, particualy when i see how many quality SANFL players weve lost just fir some sub par AFL listed player who will most likely never take tgat next step.

From 2011 to 2013 we were having our cake and eating it to but being one club but with a full fledge power and full fledge magpies side eith zones and u18 and 16s.

How ever, we have the crows to blame for this, tgey went in with a rushed, piss weak model and tge SANFL rubbed their hands when tgey saw it, this reserves thing shouldve been ironed out over tge next 2 to 3 years to benifit everyone! Now we have a magpies side who is no longer based on form but what list your on, and that is wrong! And it should of been sorted but as i said the crows and tge SANFL rushed it up.

Well the VFL affiliated AFL reserves sides like Sandringham or Casey dont have this type of turn over of VFL players, but i beleive when it comes to these sides theyre only allowed to select up to a certain number of AFL listed players so the VFL guys actually get a sniff, how ever with the VFL Reserves comp now disbanded that might change things.

I also think stand alone reserves sides like Collingwood and Essendon are only allowed to field a certain number of AFL players, also if the player is a prominate AFL player and playing VFL (mostly due to them coming back from injury) they can only play so many minutes, much like Howard last year in the Academy side against Glenelg. I think also you van only have so many AFL players on the field at once, so when people say "go to the VFL" the grass aint much greener, plus sides like Port Melbourne, Williams Town and other stand alone clubs are starting to kick up about tge AFL sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back