List Management 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Or thought "im not playing reserves and get belted every week"

Too many guys left and now it will be very hard to get talent that are Academy standard to stay long term and be a competitive side.

Too many guys left and now it will be very hard to get talent that are Academy standard to stay long term and be a competitive side.

Look, the rules dont help but the club should do more to keep em, protest the rules!! The AFL players should be judged on merit not what list their on.

Dale Finnie getting upgraded from the Academy means we are at 16 SANFL spots instead of 15 which means Tall Forward Dallas Hill from Centrals is 100% gone. He left for Clare without playing a game. Still question marks over Josh Simpson too who only played a trial game.

Counting the 11 AFL players we cut last season, how many new players do we have in total? Is Summo our only SANFL player who has returned from last season?

Our list has 60 players: 38 seniors; 6 A-rookies; 1 B-rookie; and 15 SANFL-only. If we have 25 new guys (11+14), that's a renewal of 41.67% of the squad. No wonder we are having trouble gelling the teams. If we consider that our SANFL list got worse, we should have seen the Magpies' crush coming.

Counting the 11 AFL players we cut last season, how many new players do we have in total? Is Summo our only SANFL player who has returned from last season?

Our list has 60 players: 38 seniors; 6 A-rookies; 1 B-rookie; and 15 SANFL-only. If we have 25 new guys (11+14), that's a renewal of 41.67% of the squad. No wonder we are having trouble gelling the teams. If we consider that our SANFL list got worse, we should have seen the Magpies' crush coming.

Only Summerton, Proude and Ginever stayed on from last season. 12 new Maggies players.

For AFL we got Rockliff, Motlop, Watts, Thomas, Trengove, McKenzie, Barry, Hayes, Farrell, Patmore, Garner as new players.

So 23 new players on the AFL + SANFL lists.

Only Summerton, Proude and Ginever stayed on from last season. 12 new Maggies players.

For AFL we got Rockliff, Motlop, Watts, Thomas, Trengove, McKenzie, Barry, Hayes, Farrell, Patmore, Garner as new players.

So 23 new players on the AFL + SANFL lists.
38.33%

Given that 43 would play for the Power and the Magpies, we would have at least six new players among them. Any injury or suspension would hurt the Magpies big time...

Harrison Morgan from Glenelg is the 15th Maggies player. Former Freo player Josh Simpson left without playing a game.

Pity. Would've liked to see him get a shot but I guess his heart wasn't in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proude only missed last week. He played reserves against Sturt and played league against centrals.
So the 17th of June vs Sturt reserves was his last game. There was a bye, then missed Nord and will miss Eagles. So that's pretty much 3 weeks.

Just saw that this Morgan bloke is wearing no.7 which is Levis number, taking it as a grain of salt as ive also noticed Crompton isnt wearing 55 like he usually does

Just saw that this Morgan bloke is wearing no.7 which is Levis number, taking it as a grain of salt as ive also noticed Crompton isnt wearing 55 like he usually does

Marshall wearing 5. Looks like there has been a stuff up with the jumpers.

Summerton retiring at the end of the season.
:(
All good things must come to an end. No flag to hang his hat on is just plain unjust.
I'll be at Alberton to see him off. To salute and thank him for everything.
Stevie i've got one last ask. Play your final game at Alberton and not Prospect, claim hamstring awareness or better still
make a Captain's call and say that's it for me. You won't get a better send off anywhere else than your home.
If there's any justice* there'll be a good crowd there too.

* code for you soft utensil mofo'ers to get yourselves there on Sunday.

:(
All good things must come to an end. No flag to hang his hat on is just plain unjust.
I'll be at Alberton to see him off. To salute and thank him for everything.
Stevie i've got one last ask. Play your final game at Alberton and not Prospect, claim hamstring awareness or better still
make a Captain's call and say that's it for me. You won't get a better send off anywhere else than your home.
If there's any justice* there'll be a good crowd there too.

* code for you soft utensil mofo'ers to get yourselves there on Sunday.

Great post, Summo has been unbelievable holding that side together while all his mates left not to mention the disgraceful treatment from the SANFL last year and it's petty vindictive clubs.
If you're not there on Sunday to see Summo off you won't have another chance to see a player with as much passion for the club as he has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back