List Mgmt. List Management 2017 -Who Stays, Who Goes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Your larger point has merit but if we do sign up Rockliff or Motlop (or some other free agent) we wouldn't receive any compensation for the loss of Pittard/Trengove. Clubs who go one-in one-out in free agency don't get a compensation pick.

Realistically what would we get for either player? At best a late 2nd rounder and this draft isnt as deep as last years thus why we traded to get a few extra 2nd rounders.

Ideally we make a play for Rockliff as its a free hit and we supposedly have the cap space. Apart from that there is no one else worth getting unless we go for motlop. Casboult would suit our structures but may not be worth the money to get him, plus by next year dougle and frampton should be ready.

We can afford to lose trengrove if he decides to leave. Would prefer Pittard to stay as the compensation wont be worth it, whatever we get.

We can lose guys like toumpas, lobbe, gus and white which should free up more cap space. Any other players like snelling, krak, gray, young, achee can stay for depth unless we need the spots.

Eddy and lienart can be moved on so we can look at some rookies, project players or mature agers.

Apart from that we wont get much for players we dont want like hammer, young etc so its worth just keeping senior players and looking at the FA market. If we have the cap space id like to get rockliff and hope to have another good look next year on some FA's.

Kane Cornes' article about Pittard re-signing and Trengove maybe going, which I have put the relevant bits in their own threads, also mentioned a few other players.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/11bd6a58388e2d81ba7009a8ca8c268a
Angus Monfries is expected to announce his retirement in the coming weeks, which leaves Karl Amon, Aaron Young, Brendon Ah Chee and Sam Gray as the most notable remaining signatures.

Given Young and Ah Chee’s inability to cement places in best team this season both may look elsewhere for greater opportunities. The questions remains: Does Port Adelaide’s list-management team see a future for Young and Ah Chee at Alberton?

More importantly, what does this group need to find in the player market to go from a finals also-ran to a genuine premiership contender? Port Adelaide lacks class and speed in the midfield. Geelong free agent Steven Motlop can solve this need. Despite a frustrating career, Motlop is a match-winner and would work perfectly with the inside midfielders winning the ball.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/11bd6a58388e2d81ba7009a8ca8c268a

Unfortunately, I can't see a future for Youngy at the club. He is best suited as a midfielder but lacks size and speed to cut it at AFL level.

Arch will probably go which is a shame, because I've always felt he has more to offer. He's a good size, can take a mark, and is a reliable kick for goal. Has had a few opportunities to cement a place, but not helped by poor player management which has undoubtedly effected his confidence.

Would trade Impey in a heartbeat if the value is there. Extremely frustrating player to have on the list. Has the ability to tear open a game, but lacks ticker for mine. ATM, he is wasting away the talent he's been blessed with.

Interesting Karlos isn't signed?
Would have thought that would have been a minor deal taken care of by now?

Can't help but smile that Sam gray is not resigned yet surley delist but resign Palmer, Amon and Johnson trade or delist the rest other than rookies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His family are so entrenched in the Port culture that he ain't going anywhere. Geez doesn't his mum help make the banners, and his brother Tom play in the Maggies?
Anyone not re-signed by now is because one party is not interested in what the other offers,

Sam Gray has played every single game this year. Polarising figure on here but Ken clearly loves him and he's a 100% certainty to get another contract, like it or not.

Anyone not re-signed by now is because one party is not interested in what the other offers,
A lot of clubs leave expendable players contracts to the end of the year then assess what to do when that time comes.

No need to rush to sign him. He'll probs get a year or 2 deal when the delisting/trade period comes around.

I see Tex in particular, plus Sloane, get a fair few tv media gigs to line their pockets further. The promise of that would help keep players at the swamp. Not sure we have that extra sweetener, although I think Hammer and Ollie do a regular radio gig.
I think you need to read about Additional Service Agreements - definition of independent agreement and what is not independent because of what is the definition of associate under the player rules and CBA.

I predict....

Toumpas, Palmer, White and Krak will be axed.
Trengove will be traded to bulldogs and AhChee will seek gold coast trade.
Monfries will retire

Eddy, Irra and Snelling will remain rookie
Young retained for depth
Lienert and Houston will be upgraded
Corey Szust (south) and Chris Yarran (ex Carlton/ Richmond) will be rookied.

I predict....

Toumpas, Palmer, White and Krak will be axed.
Trengove will be traded to bulldogs and AhChee will seek gold coast trade.
Monfries will retire

Eddy, Irra and Snelling will remain rookie
Young retained for depth
Lienert and Houston will be upgraded
Corey Szust (south) and Chris Yarran (ex Carlton/ Richmond) will be rookied.
What about Hewett?

Interesting Karlos isn't signed?
Would have thought that would have been a minor deal taken care of by now?
He is in negotiations at the moment will be finished soon.

Chris Yarran (ex Carlton/ Richmond) will be rookied.

Slipped that one in discretely. I doubt very much we'd go down that path.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back