List Mgmt. List Management 2017 -Who Stays, Who Goes?

Everybody thought he was going to coach Westies.

Rumour is Westies were to worried about investing time into a guy who had afl ambitions.....

Port SANFL coach?
I reckon if you are going to coach your own side at state league level you should have done some assistant type coaching at AFL club after you have been a player, or go at coach your own side at metro or country league footy.

Have Scott Thompson and Chad Cornes patched up their problem?
What difference was that? Or are you referring to some bet with Kane and he didn't pony up and Rucci had his counter out for a 1,000 + days??

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What difference was that? Or are you referring to some bet with Kane and he didn't pony up and Rucci had his counter out for a 1,000 + days??
upload_2017-10-19_0-35-2.png

upload_2017-10-19_0-35-33.png

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
IN
Watts
Rockliff
Motlop

OUT
Young
Archee
Monfries
Krak
Impey
Trengove
Lobbe?

With pick 34 49 62 86
we would have to look at some mature agers?? or we just having a best 2 and praying for no injuries

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
Really happy with what we have done here, Young and Austin become Houston and Linhert. We take two selections into the draft and open up at least two rookie spots.

Trengove - Rockliff
Impey - Motlop
Ah Che - Watts
Young - Houston
Austin - Linhert
Monfries - Pick 34
Krak - Pick 49

With Lobbe still a possibility.

We had 39 on the main list + 5 rookies + Irra when we entered trade week

Trengove ....... Watts
Impey............ Motlop
Ah Chee......... Rockliff
Austin............ upgrade Lienert
Young ........... upgrade Snelling
Lobbe............ upgrade Ladhams
Monfries ........ pick 34 or if we trade it out for Lobbe what ever pick we swap with Carlton
Krak.............. pick 49
40th spot....... pick 62 draft a ruckman

Rookie List
Linert upgrade....... a young tall back
Ladhams upgrade.. a young ruck if we don't use 62 on a ruck or a mid
Eddy.................... keep
Hewett. ............... Jack Trengove

CAT B rookie list
Irra ............... keep
2nd pick ...... big bastard ruck from basketball/volleyball/USA
3rd pick........ another big bastard

We also have the option to pick up a delisted free agent for free. But none on this list interest me at the moment and unless we cut both White and Toumpas we wont need to use them.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/features/retirements-and-delistings

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't mind all these deep cuts, but it does leave us in a bit of a pickle next year if we're targetting that draft, doesn't it? New draftees will be on 2-year contracts so we only have Toumpas/Palmer/AJ/Frampton?/White to delist from. Could be in a bit of a pickle if the first four have strong seasons.

Chachi

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fu** No
OK so that's trade time done.

We've got picks 46, 49, 59, 62 and 63. I don't see us using even these 5 picks let alone the other after 63.

-Upgrade; Houston and Lienert (+2)

-Recruited; Rockliff, Motlop & Watts (+3)

-Traded/retired; Lobbe, Young, Ah Chee, Austin, Impey, Monfries, Krakouer and Trengove (-8)

-This leaves 3 list vacancies unless there are further Senior list delistings. I would delist Dimi and White as well with the idea that we could re-draft in the pre-season draft or rookie draft. Then go to the draft, see what slides Bonner style, and make a decision on delisted players available.
In my opinion we should consider Lindsay Thomas as a depth prospect in the PSD.

TimmyD11

Team Captain
May 19, 2015
Kapunda
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fulham FC
This is what I would do from here if it was up to me.

Delist: Hewitt, Toumpas, White, Eddy, Irra.

That leaves us with 31 main listed players plus 4 rookie listed players (Ladhams, Lienert, Snelling & Houston)

Picks: 46 49 59 62 63 86 95 105

I would use the picks 86 95 & 105 to upgrade 3 of those 4 rookies left, probably not Lienert of those 4 as Snelling has been a rookie for 2 years so has to be delisted or upgraded as the rules as I understand them state. And out of Ladhams and Lienert we might as well upgrade Ladhams as I reckon we'd upgrade him next year being in the same situation as Snelling is this year and given most rucks stay for 4-5 years before making a proper run at AFL level we might as well upgrade him this year especially as we only have Frampton on the main list as ruck back up. That makes 34 main listed players and 1 rookie.

That leaves the first 5 picks to take to the draft. I would be tempted to upgrade Lienert as well if we think he's better than anyone at Pick #63 and use the first 4 picks in the draft and go to the rookie draft without any rookies and 39 players on the main list. Then pick up 3 rookies. That or go back into next year with 38 players on the main list again and 4 rookies.

This is what I would do from here if it was up to me.

Delist: Hewitt, Toumpas, White, Eddy, Irra.

That leaves us with 31 main listed players plus 4 rookie listed players (Ladhams, Lienert, Snelling & Houston)

Picks: 46 49 59 62 63 86 95 105

I would use the picks 86 95 & 105 to upgrade 3 of those 4 rookies left, probably not Lienert of those 4 as Snelling has been a rookie for 2 years so has to be delisted or upgraded as the rules as I understand them state. And out of Ladhams and Lienert we might as well upgrade Ladhams as I reckon we'd upgrade him next year being in the same situation as Snelling is this year and given most rucks stay for 4-5 years before making a proper run at AFL level we might as well upgrade him this year especially as we only have Frampton on the main list as ruck back up. That makes 34 main listed players and 1 rookie.

That leaves the first 5 picks to take to the draft. I would be tempted to upgrade Lienert as well if we think he's better than anyone at Pick #63 and use the first 4 picks in the draft and go to the rookie draft without any rookies and 39 players on the main list. Then pick up 3 rookies. That or go back into next year with 38 players on the main list again and 4 rookies.
Houston isn't a rookie he was upgraded and given a contract and is on the main list. The only formality is that when we have used all the picks we want to, the AFL in the history books writes Houston's name into the next pick we had after the last player we drafted on draft night.

I don't mind all these deep cuts, but it does leave us in a bit of a pickle next year if we're targetting that draft, doesn't it? New draftees will be on 2-year contracts so we only have Toumpas/Palmer/AJ/Frampton?/White to delist from. Could be in a bit of a pickle if the first four have strong seasons.

Hurt me with this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now we await delistings - from 1 to 3 I guess.

Cannot see Eddy being kept on - I'm assuming his poor performance in the SANFL grand final was the final straw. White, we'll have to make a call on his body. No point having depth that goes ping :( Plus one of Snelling or Hewett, probably Snelling, based on needs for position and/or utility-ability.

Not that I'm sober enough to do the math across the list. Been enjoying a few too many Treehouse ciders this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
It's 100% the clean out we had to have to move the squad forward IMO.

The blokes we've moved on have all been on the fringe for a few years now and haven't taken that next step to cement there spots in the squad.
with what we drafted last season, and what we'll draft in the next 2, baring in mind a big draft year next season, the squad will start to look okay.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Going to be an interesting patch with the DFA's and our list from here.

It doesn't make sense to take all 5 picks we have currently to the draft in a shallow draft. That's a lot of list clogging.

The concept of upgrading Lienert, as well as Houston, could change those numbers. That'd leave us with a minimum of 3 main draft picks, and we could leave ourselves with a couple rookie picks. Which is probably more like what we'd really want anyway.

Toumpas & White should've been delisted this year but at least 1 if not both should now survive. However their fate is probably linked to any interest we have in DFA's.

Eddy, Snelling & Hewett should've been delisted as well, however there is the potential of holding onto up to 2 of those guys. Eddy would be extremely useful for helping the development of Marshall at the Magpies, so even though he has no AFL future he may well get a lifeline. Hewett really should be the clear cut delisting, then Snelling is the questionable one, he is really small, not really blessed with pace, composure or skill, so we may make the tough call on him

Last edited:

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
I'm really not fussed about losing Austin, wish him well for the future.

I have always been a big fan of Young and am disappointed that he was never able to consolidate his spot.

Back