List Mgmt. List Management 2017 -Who Stays, Who Goes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston isn't a rookie he was upgraded and given a contract and is on the main list. The only formality is that when we have used all the picks we want to, the AFL in the history books writes Houston's name into the next pick we had after the last player we drafted on draft night.

Oh really, I didn't realise that. Well in that case just do what I said where we use our last 3 picks to upgrade all of Ladhams, Lienert & Snelling and use the first 5 picks in the draft to make a main list of 39 with the option of adding a DFA. Then top up on rookies in the rookie draft.

I'd suggest we should use this draft to try and take a few stabs in the dark or more accurately take a punt on a few talls or ruckmen that might otherwise go later in the draft or might even get rookie listed. We might as well have a go at 2 or 3 speculative tall forwards and maybe a ruckman and key defenders, then maybe another mature ruck in the rookie draft. If the picks are speculative already we might as well pick a few key positions players and hope one or two come off.

Delistings close according to AFL.com.au:

With Johnson locked away, the Power are close to finalising their list for next season.

However, forward Jesse Palmer, veteran Matthew White and winger Jimmy Toumpas are yet to sign new contracts.

With Johnson locked away, the Power are close to finalising their list for next season.

However, forward Jesse Palmer, veteran Matthew White and winger Jimmy Toumpas are yet to sign new contracts.

Hmm. I wouldn't be opposed to holding on to Palmer and Toumpas. At this rate we're not going to have anyone to delist next year.

Palmer for mine is the most important to re-sign out of the 3.

Palmer for mine is the most important to re-sign out of the 3.

I don't think any of them are 'important' TBH. May as well keep Palmer and Toump for one more year though considering the players we've already lost and the weakness of the draft. White is cooked though.

Palmer the most vulnerable out of the uncontracteds. Toump was good late in the season and White has the pace we need.

We currently have a list of 34 + 7 rookies. Promote Houston and Lienert = 36+5.

Delist Palmer and Hewett = 35+4.

Room for 3 picks, 3 DFAs/rookies

I don't think any of them are 'important' TBH. May as well keep Palmer and Toump for one more year though considering the players we've already lost and the weakness of the draft. White is cooked though.

I agree with one last roll of the dice for Dimitri and Jesse. I don't see any point in retaining White, not good enough for AFL now and will probably spend half the year injured again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm definitely keen to hang onto Palmer, and i'd be happy enough to give Toumpas another year. White can go. He's lost his speed and without it probably doesn't have the tools to be effective at AFL level.

I'm gonna take a guess and say we are not delisting anyone.

Maybe White and Hewett would be sweating but that's about it. Toumpas is lucky we got rid of a lot of people.

The Magpies will need Toumpas next year.

He should win the B&F by the length of the Flemington straight next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back