List Mgmt. List Management 2017 -Who Stays, Who Goes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep
6 Angus Monfries (one year) :question:depends what he can do at AFL level when he returns
7 Brad Ebert (multiple years):heavycheck:
12 Jackson Trengove (multiple years):heavycheck:
14 Billy Frampton (multiple years):heavycheck:
15 Karl Amon (one year):heavycheck:
17 Tom Clurey (multiple years):heavycheck:
29 Jasper Pittard (multiple years):heavycheck:
31 Aidyn Johnson (one year):heavycheck:
32 Dougal Howard (multiple years):heavycheck:
36 Jack Hombsch (multiple years) :heavycheck: Potential v/c role under Wines perhaps?
37 Jesse Palmer (one year) :heavycheck:
39 Justin Westhoff (multiple years) :heavycheck: 2 years max though
43 Dan Houston (one year) :heavycheck: but i'd go multiple years
48 Nathan Krakouer :heavycheck: (one year)

Trade Bait
11 Aaron Young (one year):question:trade bait.. consistency his problem
41 Brendon Ah Chee (multiple years):question:possible trade bait
46 Sam Gray (multiple years) :question:again, trade bait

Delist
18 Jimmy Toumpas :heavymultiply: Offers absolutely nothing IMO.
19 Matthew White :heavymultiply: Game has gone past him
27 Brett Eddy:heavymultiply: I Don't see the need of keeping him beyond this season if Hinkley isn't going to play him.

Not Sure
26 Riley Bonner:question:I'd maybe keep on a 1 year extension.
34 Will Snelling:question:
38 Peter Ladhams :question:
40 Jarrod Lienert:question:

most of those not sure's leaning towards keeping on a 1 year deal.
yeah lets *off eddy lol

Keep
7 Brad Ebert - 3 years
12 Jackson Trengove - 3 years
15 Karl Amon - 3 years
29 Jasper Pittard - 3 years
36 Jack Hombsch - 3 years
17 Tom Clurey - 2 years
43 Dan Houston - 2 years
32 Dougal Howard - 2 years
14 Billy Frampton - 1 year
31 Aidyn Johnson - 1 year
26 Riley Bonner - 1 year
39 Justin Westhoff - 1 year

Trade Bait
11 Aaron Young - or 1 year
41 Brendon Ah Chee - or Delist
46 Sam Gray - or 1 year
37 Jesse Palmer - or 1 year
23 Matthew Lobbe - or Delist

Delist
18 Jimmy Toumpas
19 Matthew White
6 Angus Monfries
48 Nathan Krakouer

Rookies
34 Will Snelling - Retain
38 Peter Ladhams - Retain
40 Jarrod Lienert - Retain
27 Brett Eddy - Delist

27 Brett Eddy - Delist

2f9.jpg

Keep
7 Brad Ebert - 3 years
15 Karl Amon - 3 years
17 Tom Clurey - 2 years
43 Dan Houston - 2 years
26 Riley Bonner - 1 year

Trade Bait
46 Sam Gray - or 1 year

Delist
18 Jimmy Toumpas
19 Matthew White
6 Angus Monfries
48 Nathan Krakouer

Rookies
27 Brett Eddy - Delist

Three for Amon is a pretty big call imo. I'd be more comfortable with two. The rest is pretty spot on, but i'd like to keep Eddy for another year atleast and see how he goes with two pre-seasons and a year in the structure. Could do worse in terms of break glass forwards on a rookie list.

I like Eddy and i'd prefer we play him. But we aren't. If he doesnt play again for the rest of the year then I can't see any reason to keep him.

I like Eddy and i'd prefer we play him. But we aren't. If he doesnt play again for the rest of the year then I can't see any reason to keep him.
Eddy for another year is on the money! I know this goes against all other posters, but I would still keep Tompous on the list for another year. His Magpie form is above average and as everyone knows he was drafted before Ollie. That must prove that he has some ability! I know that I'm hoping for a miracle to happen but I feel that he will eventually come good! Come at me!!

Eddy for another year is on the money! I know this goes against all other posters, but I would still keep Tompous on the list for another year. His Magpie form is above average and as everyone knows he was drafted before Ollie. That must prove that he has some ability! I know that I'm hoping for a miracle to happen but I feel that he will eventually come good! Come at me!!
I think he's found his level and that is the SANFL

.... I would still keep Toumpas (FTFY) on the list for another year. His Magpie form is above average and as everyone knows he was drafted before Ollie. That must prove that he has some ability! I know that I'm hoping for a miracle to happen but I feel that he will eventually come good! Come at me!!
I feel we should be required to form a queue here but damn it I'm jumping in. Bad jac147, very bad. Sit in the corner and reflect on what you have done.

The problem with Toumpas is he does nothing better than our other half back/wing prospects despite being older. He's a worse kick than Houston and Bonner, he reads the play worse than Houston and he's physically slower and less athletic than both - significantly less than Bonner. I can't see him getting into the side over any of Houston, Bonner or Johnson anytime soon. He had to have a Houson-like year this year to stay with the club but he hasn't become elite nor shown the ability to become elite at kicking or reading the play and is pretty much making up the snafl numbers at this point.

Keep
7 Brad Ebert - 3 years
15 Karl Amon - 3 years
17 Tom Clurey - 2 years
43 Dan Houston - 2 years
26 Riley Bonner - 1 year

Trade Bait
46 Sam Gray - or 1 year

Delist
18 Jimmy Toumpas
19 Matthew White
6 Angus Monfries
48 Nathan Krakouer

Rookies
27 Brett Eddy - Delist

What do you see in Snelling? Has seem to have gone backwards lately, and I think the addition of drew and atley has pushed him even further back.

Eddy we should keep. A couple of injuries away from having to field a forward line of short people. also if the worst case scenario is we keep him 1 more year and all he does is provide a good solid target up forward for our young learning mids to kick to I think that is worth it. We want our young learning mids looking for leading targets rather than kicking to Neade in the pocket week in week out. For this reason I would almost permanently keep a rotation of at least 1 20-25yr old mature key forward on our list over the next decade (unless they would be taking the spot of a young key forward we should be playing up forward but I don't see that as likely.)

Monfries I think we should wait and see. He looks fit as, if he cracks the afl side and looks good we definitely offer a 1 year contract. I've said elsewhere I think it burns him he couldn't play. If we had to move him to make room sure, but we are not going to be screwed for list size. We will get our cuts easily enough especially when our picks are 32/50?/70?

What's your reasoning for 3 for Amon and not 2 years?

I don't think palmer has any trade value , and he has come close to getting a game as he has been emergency a couple of times. Need to see what he can do next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with Toumpas is he does nothing better than our other half back/wing prospects despite being older. He's a worse kick than Houston and Bonner, he reads the play worse than Houston and he's physically slower and less athletic than both - significantly less than Bonner. I can't see him getting into the side over any of Houston, Bonner or Johnson anytime soon. He had to have a Houson-like year this year to stay with the club but he hasn't become elite nor shown the ability to become elite at kicking or reading the play and is pretty much making up the snafl numbers at this point.
Fair enough

I could last Saturday
Poor Hewitt was dragged from the ground under Coaches orders on Saturday... I don't think Chad is a fan. When the runner explained why ... he muttered a naughty word or two.
I liked his form late last year - I hope he improves... I haven't given up on the Port Broughton lad.

What do you see in Snelling? Has seem to have gone backwards lately, and I think the addition of drew and atley has pushed him even further back.

Eddy we should keep. A couple of injuries away from having to field a forward line of short people. also if the worst case scenario is we keep him 1 more year and all he does is provide a good solid target up forward for our young learning mids to kick to I think that is worth it. We want our young learning mids looking for leading targets rather than kicking to Neade in the pocket week in week out. For this reason I would almost permanently keep a rotation of at least 1 20-25yr old mature key forward on our list over the next decade (unless they would be taking the spot of a young key forward we should be playing up forward but I don't see that as likely.)

Monfries I think we should wait and see. He looks fit as, if he cracks the afl side and looks good we definitely offer a 1 year contract. I've said elsewhere I think it burns him he couldn't play. If we had to move him to make room sure, but we are not going to be screwed for list size. We will get our cuts easily enough especially when our picks are 32/50?/70?

What's your reasoning for 3 for Amon and not 2 years?

I don't think palmer has any trade value , and he has come close to getting a game as he has been emergency a couple of times. Need to see what he can do next season.

I like Karl, think hes more valuable than many give credit for and will be a crucial part of our aide for a very long time. So i'd be happy to sign him up to a longer contract.

We have young forwards who deserve to learn to be the main target.

Snelling i think is developing well and could still play a part in the side. I think he would do just as good a job as Sam Gray and has better skills too

Fair enough
Since sending this I've had a couple of likes - so perhaps there are some other Jimmy lovers out there. When we traded in Tompous I was quite excited and thought that the club had made a good deal.
It's disapppointing that with Jimmy on our list it has not, so far, worked out. I am to a fault very loyal to our club and hope that all their decisions turn to gold. I know we at sometimes shake our head at some trades but we should at all times show respect to our clubs decisions, even if they do not come off. I hope this clears up my position re Jimmy.

I don't think we can have both Westhoff and Trengove in the same side. We need a genuine FF and neither of them are capable of playing that role but having both of them in the forward line is stopping us from developing a FF.

i'd be trying to trade Westhoff at the end of the year and go really hard for Josh Bruce/Tim Membrey.

I don't think we can have both Westhoff and Trengove in the same side. We need a genuine FF and neither of them are capable of playing that role but having both of them in the forward line is stopping us from developing a FF.

i'd be trying to trade Westhoff at the end of the year and go really hard for Josh Bruce/Tim Membrey.
I could cope with that but he would be a free agent anyway ...I can't imagine Westhoff going anywhere, with his family just settled in new home in Barrossa.

What do we see as being approptiate, manageable offers for Jacko and Jasper?
500,000/3 years for both with incentives like top 5 finishes in b and f/all australian etc?

What do we see as being appropriate, manageable offers for Jacko and Jasper?...
The formula used by our list managers for all this year's re-signings is here. You will of course see Jacko and Jasper's offers in the 3rd and 16th lines respectively.
maths.png
Me, all I care about is that they are there in 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back