List Management 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-03-13/player-profile-dallas-hill
Hill is just eager to pull on the prison bar jumper and represent the club again, despite the knowledge that if there is a fit AFL list, he could be consigned to his local club.

"You obviously know that before you commit, so I know that could be the deal. I’ll go back out to North Clare if that happens and that’s fine. But I’m just excited to be part of Port Adelaide. If you’ve had anything to do with footy in this state, you know about Port Adelaide. It’s a club with a strong history and a club with a good culture, and I’m just excited to be here.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting next week, Jackson Mead will be available for selection. Will be on our SANFL list and can play 4 SANFL games.
When did the 4 game limit come in? I though the rule was that we had him from now until the end of the season.

It raises a few questions:
1. Can he play finals? And if so are they included in the 4?
2. Where does he play when not at the Magpies?
3. Could he still play league for WWT pre/post the 4 games?

Edit: has always been 4 games but still not sure about the finer details.

Last edited:
When did the 4 game limit come in? I though the rule was that we had him from now until the end of the season.

It raises a few questions:
1. Can he play finals? And if so are they included in the 4?
2. Where does he play when not at the Magpies?
3. Could he still play league for WWT pre/post the 4 games?

Edit: has always been 4 games but still not sure about the finer details.
I doubt he'll play finals we got a bunch of SANFL players that have several games under their belt.

As for 2 and 3, no idea.

I'd play Jackson for every game he's available for whether his form warrants it ahead of others or not. Fast-tracking his development by giving him a few games against men is so much more important for the future of the PAFC than playing a marginally better 21 year old fillin in a reserves game.

Hi Gang

Interested to know where Sam Mayes is at? Haven’t heard much about him since the move. Always liked him at the Lions but just seemed to lack a bit of mongrel. Is he a chance to play this year.

Don’t think so. Was BOG in a pre-season trial game on the wing vs South Adelaide but has been pretty vanilla all season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back