List Management 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news or rumours on the top-up players for 2019?
Sam Davidson the only one revealed to date.

073a16427002d202ae886c8e2bc9b37f.png

Levi Proude heading to Barmera

Port really need to add a couple of KPPs to the list, whether they come from the TAC Cup or local country or metro leagues to make sure they have the balance right this year for the Magpies.

Especially now it looks like Trent McKenzie who was being played as a key defender might be unavailable early in the season.

I've got some good news.

Zac Milbank says that Barmera-Monash FC will only be Levi Proude's assigned country footy side for when he's not playing SANFL.

Looks like he's still at the club!

Port Adelaide is expected to announce an ex-AFL 100 gamer as a replacement "marquee player" for departed Magpies skipper Steven Summerton in the coming weeks.

Oh nice a clue! I wonder who it is. So I guess us talking to an SANFL player from another club led to nothing.

Edit: or it could be Stewart, makes sense.

Last edited:
The new rules for 2019 re Magpies Captain/Leadership Player are:
"One Leadership Player who has attained the age of twenty six (26) years prior to or during the calendar year in which he is first included on the supplementary list who has been on any AFL list in the season immediately prior"
Paul Stewart does not meet the requirement of being on an AFL list in the season (2018) immediately prior.
So I believe it's more likely to be someone like Stewart Crameri, ex Geelong, W Bulldogs & Essendon - 103 AFL games - who was delisted at the end of season 2018 by Geelong.
Just an educated guess as he meets all the eligibility criteria (and has played 100 games)
edit: Probably a more realistic educated guess is Cam Sutcliffe, delisted by Fremantle 2018, 104 AFL games, South Australian recruited from Woodville West Torrens in 2011.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"One Leadership Player who has attained the age of twenty six (26) years prior to or during the calendar year in which he is first included on the supplementary list who has been on any AFL list in the season immediately prior"
Paul Stewart does not meet the requirement of being on an AFL list in the season (2018) immediately prior.
So I believe it's more likely to be someone like Stewart Crameri, ex Geelong, W Bulldogs & Essendon - 103 AFL games - who was delisted at the end of season 2018 by Geelong.
Just an educated guess as he meets all the eligibility criteria (and has played 100 games)
edit: Probably a more realistic educated guess is Cam Sutcliffe, delisted by Fremantle 2018, 104 AFL games, South Australian recruited from Woodville West Torrens in 2011.
Cam Sutcliffe makes sense - 26 years old, 186cm, 87kg...
(we'll have to pay Woodville West Torrens $25,000)

Can rule Crameri out: http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au...art-crameri-commits-to-role-with-maryborough/

Cam Sutcliffe it is. having played for Peel I guess he knows how the AFL 2nd's in a local comp works. $25K transfer fee to WWT I guess.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/ne...ership-player?camefrom=EMCL_2631334_121316238
FORMER Fremantle utility Cameron Sutcliffe has joined Port Adelaide as its SANFL leadership player for 2019. The 26-year-old was recently delisted by the Dockers after 104 games between 2012 and 2018. Sutcliffe is known for his versatility, his elite running ability and hard work.

South Australian born and raised, he was taken by the Dockers with pick no. 71 in the 2011 National Draft and went on to play in the club’s maiden Grand Final appearance in 2013 before being named Fremantle’s Player of the Finals in 2014.

In 2017, Sutcliffe played in a WAFL premiership with Peel Thunder and in 2018 he played four AFL games, averaging 13 disposals and four marks. “A few opportunities came my way in the WAFL and the SANFL but I was really interested in the role at Port Adelaide after the SANFL updated its rules recently,” Sutcliffe told portadelaidefc.com.au. “I know a couple of people at Port Adelaide in Shane Grimm and Chris Davies so when I spoke with Shane on the phone and I came to the club and had a look around, I was even more excited. “I know the rich history of Port Adelaide. It’s a powerhouse club in South Australia and I am really excited about getting started and leading a Magpies team full of young talent, which will be a great honour..........

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/ne...ership-player?camefrom=EMCL_2631334_121316238

Last edited:
The above article mentioned who else has joined.

Sutcliffe’s signing for two years completes Port Adelaide’s list of SANFL contracted players for 2019.
“We are also thrilled to get on board Matt Appleton, who played 15 league games with North Adelaide last season and won the 2015 reserves Medal, along with Jack Elsworthy from the Eagles, who is a talented defender and Dallas Hill, who previously played as a key forward at Central Districts.

“It’s great too that we are able to welcome back to the club Tom Corcoran and Adam after they played elsewhere in 2018.”

Corcoran has previously played eight league games for the Magpies and spent 2018 at Glenelg, while is the son of Magpies triple premiership player Wayne and grandson of 1959 premiership player Graham .

The Magpies’ playing list includes a host of familiar faces from 2018 including Jack Strange, who won the Bruce Weber Memorial Trophy as team man, Mitch Mead, Levi , Sam Davidson, Simon Wong and Ben Edwards.

The club thanks Jack Kluske, Michael Ortiz, Darcy Ginever and Harrison Morgan, who have each confirmed they will be departing along with long-time captain Steven Summerton.

Last edited:
The above article mentioned who else has joined.

Sutcliffe’s signing for two years completes Port Adelaide’s list of SANFL contracted players for 2019.
“We are also thrilled to get on board Matt Appleton, who played 15 league games with North Adelaide last season and won the 2015 reserves Medal, along with Jack Elsworthy from the Eagles, who is a talented defender and Dallas Hill, who previously played as a key forward at Central Districts.

“It’s great too that we are able to welcome back to the club Tom Corcoran and Adam after they played elsewhere in 2018.”

Corcoran has previously played eight league games for the Magpies and spent 2018 at Glenelg, while is the son of Magpies triple premiership player Wayne and grandson of 1959 premiership player Graham .

The Magpies’ playing list includes a host of familiar faces from 2018 including Jack Strange, who won the Bruce Weber Memorial Trophy as team man, Mitch Mead, Levi , Sam Davidson, Simon Wong and Ben Edwards.

The club thanks Jack Kluske, Michael Ortiz, Darcy Ginever and Harrison Morgan, who have each confirmed they will be departing along with long-time captain Steven Summerton.
So full list:

PORT ADELAIDE SANFL LIST
Cameron Sutcliffe*
Matthew Appleton*
Jack Elsworthy*
Adam Mahney*
Tom Corcoran*
Dallas Hill*
Sam Davidson
Ben Edwards
Mitchell Mead
Levi Proude
Jack Strange
Simon Wong

*indicates players not at the club in 2018

s**t! The top 3 players I wanted to keep.

Kluske, Proude and Ortiz.

All gone. Devo.

Great news about Sutcliffe, but the others are disappointing. That list of Magpies players won't be able to win us a flag.

Dale Finnie, Kyle Crompton, Mony Makoi, Lewin Davis and Ryan North still no mention if they are leaving or not.

s**t! The top 3 players I wanted to keep.

Kluske, Proude and Ortiz.

All gone. Devo.

Great news about Sutcliffe, but the others are disappointing. That list of Magpies players won't be able to win us a flag.
Proude is staying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back