List Management 2018: Make room for the super draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

We were ballsy in the trade period and I hope the club continues that trend during the draft and trades that future 1st and get back into it earlier this year . We just dont have enough young talent coming through and 3-4 years from now we will be in serious trouble .

Out of box hill I only hold high Hope's for moore purely based off his end of year form , nash and Jackson Ross .

We were ballsy in the trade period and I hope the club continues that trend during the draft and trades that future 1st and get back into it earlier this year . We just dont have enough young talent coming through and 3-4 years from now we will be in serious trouble .

Out of box hill I only hold high Hope's for moore purely based off his end of year form , nash and Jackson Ross .
Reckon you may need to watch a few more Stangers games. There is a lot of talent running around than just those 3 mentioned

...Out of box hill I only hold high Hope's for moore purely based off his end of year form , nash and Jackson Ross .

I rate Jones. One of the better debut season I have seen from a rookie. Moore, Ollie, Cuz, Lewis and CJ have all shown they have the tools to be AFL class.

GW implied pretty strongly that we wanted to keep all of next years draft picks which will no doubt give us maximum flexibility in the trade/draft period 2019.
So I guess it will be two picks this year ( the Mozz and ???), upgrade Glass, and perhaps a couple of rookies. Category B may be interesting as Clarko is reputed to be in Ireland and presumably not for the Guinness. Perhaps Nash moved to category A and another Irish lad signed.
There may also be a DFA added as there have been rumours to that effect.

Wingard also said in his Hawthorn presser that he only considered moving when he was told by his manager that he’d been told by Port that Chad could explore his options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this mean we’re retaining Miles? He commented positively on one of the recent Chad posts on the HFC Insta, and with Burton leaving it wouldn’t be bad having defensive depth. I hope he stays - rate the kid!

Bugg offers a little bit of Can't about him. An ingredient you need in a successful finals team and something we have lost since Hodge, Mitchell and lewis have left.
The only players that seem to have a "nasty" edge to them are Hardwick and Sicily.
I suspect Nash might be another one, at least I hope so. We are a bit light on for "mean" guys.

The only players that seem to have a "nasty" edge to them are Hardwick and Sicily.
I suspect Nash might be another one, at least I hope so. We are a bit light on for "mean" guys.
JOM is nasty prick, very Sam Mitchell loves getting into opposition faces, Mitchell isn't super aggressive but if someone steps on his toes watch out.

There are a couple more...
Brand loves to fly the flag.
Jaeger & Tom don’t mess around either.
Birch loves a moment
Worpel
Pitto
Shiels
Stratts
Big boy... all have tough moments.

I dare say we are far from the softest team in the comp but would suggest we are some way off the “unsociable Hawks” banner that was flown for quite a while.
Everyone will have that banner tucked away while waiting patiently for it to rise again

Schoenmakers and Mirra have been offered one year deals. Still a mystery though surrounding Henderson, Miles, Pittonet and Jones. There's no way we go into this years draft with just 2 live picks. We still need one key forward and one key defender for next year.

Schoenmakers and Mirra have been offered one year deals. Still a mystery though surrounding Henderson, Miles, Pittonet and Jones. There's no way we go into this years draft with just 2 live picks. We still need one key forward and one key defender for next year.

We are just going to be going into the season with Rough, Shoey and Lewis as our options again, a key forward isn't happening.

I recon the Hawks will sit on the list & give all of those guys deals.
Glass is an upgrade anyway so I would suggest that the pick 53 will have a lot of work put into it & Mozzie at 90.
DFA signings & Rookie draft will be the 2018 model to fill the list IMO

I recon the Hawks will sit on the list & give all of those guys deals.
Glass is an upgrade anyway so I would suggest that the pick 53 will have a lot of work put into it & Mozzie at 90.
DFA signings & Rookie draft will be the 2018 model to fill the list IMO
I reckon Mozzie will join either as a rookie or cat b rookie. Not sure he’ll get a bid in the ND

Remove this Banner Ad

Back