Analysis List Management 2018 predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Out:

Lever to Pies/Melbourne for their first pick and second pick.
Cameron to Brisbane for second round pick.

Retired:
Thompson, Shaw

Delist:

Beech, CEY, Gore, Hunter

Trade:

Wigg, Otten

In:

Greenwood, Keath (Upgraded)
2 first round picks for Lever and ladder position, 1 2nd for Cameron, 3rd round for Wigg, late 2nd pick for Otten.
We got a third round pick for Lyons, you reckon we will get a third rounder for Wigg. No chance. Will be a late pick or delisted.

I know it's unlikely that a team trades 5 players during trade week, but it seems 3 of them are already done. (I'd reallllly love to keep Lever and McGovern)

SO,

2017/18 OFFSEASON

TRADE -
Jake Lever to Melbourne for Pick 12 + Melbourne 2018 1st Round.
TRADE - Charlie Cameron to Brisbane for Pick 18
TRADE - Mitch McGovern + Pick 18(BRS) + Pick 53 to West Coast for Pick 10 + 27
TRADE - Harrison Wigg to Richmond for Pick 68
TRADE - Rory Atkins to North Melbourne for Pick 43

FREE AGENT IN - Tom Rockliff (Brisbane)
FREE AGENT OUT - Andy Otten (Sydney)

DELIST - Scott Thompson, Sam Shaw, Jonathan Beech, Harry Dear, Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, Paul Hunter (off the Rookie list)
UPGRADE - Keath, Greenwood

2017 DRAFT PICKS - 10, 12, 17, 27, 35, 43, 68, 72, 90

FUTURE PICK - Melbourne 2018 1st Round

DRAFT SELECTIONS -
10 -
Darcy Fogerty - SA - (UTILITY)
12 - Jaidyn Stephenson - VIC - (MID)
17 - Callum Coleman-Jones - SA - (RUCK/KEY FWD)
27 - Oscar Allen - WA - (KEY FWD)
35 - Harry Petty - SA - (KEY DEF)
43 - Jackson Edwards - SA - (MID) (Bid to come 36-42 so we use 43+66)
66 - (see above) - NO SELECTION
- Jonty Sharanberg - SA - (MID)
72 - Hugh Greenwood
90 - Alex Keath

ROOKIE LIST SELECTIONS -
Pick 17
- Best Available 'Freak Talent / Project player'
F/S - Conor McLeod

2018 ROOKIE LIST - Ben Jarman, Conor McLeod, 'Project player'

POSSIBLE SIDE ROUND 1:

FF: Eddie Betts, Josh Jenkins, Richard Douglas
HF: Tom Lynch, Taylor Walker, Hugh Greenwood
C: Rory Sloane, Tom Rockliff, Wayne Milera
HB: Rory Laird, Daniel Talia, Brodie Smith
FB: Tom Doedee, Alex Keath, Jake Kelly
FOLL: Sam Jacobs, Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch

INT: Jordan Gallucci, Luke Brown, Riley Knight, Kyle Hartigan

THE REST: Darcy Fogerty, Jaidyn Stephenson, Callum Coleman-Jones, Oscar Allen, Harry Petty, Jackson Edwards, Jonty Sharanberg, David Mackay, Paul Seedsman, Curtly Hampton, Kyle Cheney, Myles Poholke, Troy Menzel, Elliot Himmelberg, Matt Signorello, Dean Gore, Ben Davis, Reilly O'Brien.

Mcleod would be your project player and that is at a stretch have you seen him play?

I know it's unlikely that a team trades 5 players during trade week, but it seems 3 of them are already done. (I'd reallllly love to keep Lever and McGovern)

SO,

2017/18 OFFSEASON

TRADE -
Jake Lever to Melbourne for Pick 12 + Melbourne 2018 1st Round.
TRADE - Charlie Cameron to Brisbane for Pick 18
TRADE - Mitch McGovern + Pick 18(BRS) + Pick 53 to West Coast for Pick 10 + 27
TRADE - Harrison Wigg to Richmond for Pick 68
TRADE - Rory Atkins to North Melbourne for Pick 43

FREE AGENT IN - Tom Rockliff (Brisbane)
FREE AGENT OUT - Andy Otten (Sydney)

DELIST - Scott Thompson, Sam Shaw, Jonathan Beech, Harry Dear, Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, Paul Hunter (off the Rookie list)
UPGRADE - Keath, Greenwood

2017 DRAFT PICKS - 10, 12, 17, 27, 35, 43, 68, 72, 90

FUTURE PICK - Melbourne 2018 1st Round

DRAFT SELECTIONS -
10 -
Darcy Fogerty - SA - (UTILITY)
12 - Jaidyn Stephenson - VIC - (MID)
17 - Callum Coleman-Jones - SA - (RUCK/KEY FWD)
27 - Oscar Allen - WA - (KEY FWD)
35 - Harry Petty - SA - (KEY DEF)
43 - Jackson Edwards - SA - (MID) (Bid to come 36-42 so we use 43+66)
66 - (see above) - NO SELECTION
- Jonty Sharanberg - SA - (MID)
72 - Hugh Greenwood
90 - Alex Keath

ROOKIE LIST SELECTIONS -
Pick 17
- Best Available 'Freak Talent / Project player'
F/S - Conor McLeod

2018 ROOKIE LIST - Ben Jarman, Conor McLeod, 'Project player'

POSSIBLE SIDE ROUND 1:

FF: Eddie Betts, Josh Jenkins, Richard Douglas
HF: Tom Lynch, Taylor Walker, Hugh Greenwood
C: Rory Sloane, Tom Rockliff, Wayne Milera
HB: Rory Laird, Daniel Talia, Brodie Smith
FB: Tom Doedee, Alex Keath, Jake Kelly
FOLL: Sam Jacobs, Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch

INT: Jordan Gallucci, Luke Brown, Riley Knight, Kyle Hartigan

THE REST: Darcy Fogerty, Jaidyn Stephenson, Callum Coleman-Jones, Oscar Allen, Harry Petty, Jackson Edwards, Jonty Sharanberg, David Mackay, Paul Seedsman, Curtly Hampton, Kyle Cheney, Myles Poholke, Troy Menzel, Elliot Himmelberg, Matt Signorello, Dean Gore, Ben Davis, Reilly O'Brien.

No hope in hell in going into the national draft changing one qtr of your team

Keeping Thommo for that extra year was a good decision
We've seen massive improvements in our mids. He has received a lot of praise for his leadership, especially with the young mids in the twos. They would have had no mature heads in that team if he wasn't there.

We obviously didn't need another pick and didn't want Lyons, so it made sense.

We've seen massive improvements in our mids. He has received a lot of praise for his leadership, especially with the young mids in the twos. They would have had no mature heads in that team if he wasn't there.

Our mids in the As have developed with his absence from the team.

So if he wasn't there our younger mids would have spent more time in there.

Where has been his leadership when we've given up crucial leads like we did on the weekend?

It makes no sense to have someone take up a spot on the senior list to provide leadership for the reserves.

No matter which way you want to spin it, he should have retired last year.

Our mids in the As have developed with his absence from the team.

So if he wasn't there our younger mids would have spent more time in there.

Where has been his leadership when we've given up crucial leads like we did on the weekend?

It makes no sense to have someone take up a spot on the senior list to provide leadership for the reserves.

No matter which way you want to spin it, he should have retired last year.
So, if we didn't have his leadership and experience at the club and had an additional 18 year old running around in the 2's instead, you think we'd be doing a lot better?

Just having more kids running around like headless chooks doesn't make you a better side. You need leadership on the ground and during the week at the club.

You would have no idea how much our mids have benefited from having an experienced pro like Thommo still there as part of the team.

And to say "oh, his leadership over the last nine months helping the players develop mustn't have worked because the reserves had a bad hour of footy in one late season game" is spectacularly short sighted.

Personally, I would have preferred he retired. But I can see the value in keeping him for a year as a mentor for the younger mids.

Last edited:
So, if we didn't have his leadership and experience at the club and had an additional 18 year old running around in the 2's instead, you think we'd be doing a lot better?

Just having more kids running around like headless chooks doesn't make you a better side. You need leadership on the ground and during the week at the club.

You would have no idea how much our mids have benefited from having an experienced pro like Thommo still there as part of the team.

And to say "oh, his leadership over the last nine months helping the players develop mustn't have worked because the reserves had a bad hour of footy in one late season game" is spectacularly short sighted.

Personally, I would have preferred he retired. But I can see the value in keeping him for a year as a mentor for the younger mids.
That 18 yr old would be 19 next year and if we got the pick right still playing, whereas is Thommo going to be?

Keeping a player for one year too long is short sighted.

That 18 yr old would be 19 next year and if we got the pick right still playing, whereas is Thommo going to be?

Keeping a player for one year too long is short sighted.

We already maximised last years draft. There is no point getting an extra 18yo unless they have a potential future in the game. If you can pinpoint someone that should have been drafted please let me know? Considering Davis who was the Crows last pick of 5 draftees went at pick 75 and the draft only went to pick 77 I am not sure what you want the Crows to do?

He should play on next year then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we might keep on players like Beech and possibly even CEY purely as last resort depth options given how weak this draft is.

Think getting rid of Cheney is extremely short sighted. I hope he stays on another one year deal, again mainly as depth.

Can maybe see Hunter, Wigg and Gore going but that's about it.

Thompson rounds off the 4 changes.

Reckon we might keep on players like Beech and possibly even CEY purely as last resort depth options given how weak this draft is.

You'd think one of Gore, CEY and Wigg would stay.

You'd think one of Gore, CEY and Wigg would stay.

We might even keep Gore given his resurgence playing in the backline of late!

Think it's pretty stiff to delist CEY after the ACL. Can be that big body around the younger mids in the SANFL for a year, before we cull again and raid the 2018 crop.

Think getting rid of Cheney is extremely short sighted. I hope he stays on another one year deal, again mainly as depth.

Beech is finished. Not AFL standard.

Beech is finished. Not AFL standard.

Not arguing that, but doesn't look like there's going to be a lot on offer in the draft.

We could draft another James Battersby or someone of that ilk who will most likely be gone in 2 years.

Or in the year that we are pushing for a flag, we could keep a fit, ready made and seasoned player who's been in our system for 2-3 years now.

He might not be ideal at AFL level, but as I said, he's ready made depth. That's all he needs to be.

Not arguing that, but doesn't look like there's going to be a lot on offer in the draft.

We could draft another James Battersby or someone of that ilk who will most likely be gone in 2 years.

Or in the year that we are pushing for a flag, we could keep a fit, ready made and seasoned player who's been in our system for 2-3 years now.

He might not be ideal at AFL level, but as I said, he's ready made depth. That's all he needs to be.

I think we need to make five delistings. Two for Greenwood and Keath upgrades, then three for draftees.

Beech, Gore, Wigg, Thompson, Cheney

Hunter isn't even on the main list.

I think we need to make five delistings. Two for Greenwood and Keath upgrades, then three for draftees.

Isn't Beech a rookie as well?

I think rookie upgrades still count towards the minimum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back