SANFL List Management 2019-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for intrusion. Channel 7 just announced that Tyson Goldsack will be the marquee player and assistant coach

I guess he’d be able to be a 3rd tall defender with McKenzie and Corcoran, free up Lienert to half back.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Goldsack is a good get, but the whole point I thought of getting Suttcliffe is to have a long term marquee/captain. No point getting 32/33 year olds who will just retire at the end of the year.

Goldsack is a good get, but the whole point I thought of getting Suttcliffe is to have a long term marquee/captain. No point getting 32/33 year olds who will just retire at the end of the year.
Maybe Sutcliffe can be the captain and Goldsack can be acting captain if Sutcliffe got called up.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Maybe Sutcliffe can be the captain and Goldsack can be acting captain if Sutcliffe got called up.
AHH I see. Like when Port did the dodgy of selecting Summerton as Captain even though the leadership player rule at the time was that they had to be over 28 years of Age. Summerton was 25. So Port went and placed Slattery as the leadership player but called him VC and Summerton Captain. Then once Summerton turned 28 and Port could pay him what they wanted they backed paid him for the three years prior. So technically Port had two Marquee/Leadership Players during that time.

Sutcliffe is on the AFL list still isnt he. So I assume he would prefer not to captain the reserves.

AHH I see. Like when Port did the dodgy of selecting Summerton as Captain even though the leadership player rule at the time was that they had to be over 28 years of Age. Summerton was 25. So Port went and placed Slattery as the leadership player but called him VC and Summerton Captain. Then once Summerton turned 28 and Port could pay him what they wanted they backed paid him for the three years prior. So technically Port had two Marquee/Leadership Players during that time.

Sutcliffe is on the AFL list still isnt he. So I assume he would prefer not to captain the reserves.
Yeah Sutcliffe has another year on the AFL list, he was still captain after the mid-season draft as well. The marquee spot was empty in the 2nd half of 2019.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

"Did the dodgy" Pfft. Tell me where it says the designated "leadership player" must be the captain. At the time, Summerton was clearly the best option for captain and Slattery was the older, experienced bloke brought in to provide support to Summo and a young playing group, i.e. "leadership".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, it is terrible how Port are the only club in the sanfl to take advantage of a rule. Especially with all the favours bestowed upon us by the wise and beneficent $anfl.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
"Did the dodgy" Pfft. Tell me where it says the designated "leadership player" must be the captain. At the time, Summerton was clearly the best option for captain and Slattery was the older, experienced bloke brought in to provide support to Summo and a young playing group, i.e. "leadership".
Having Summerton as captain was fine. The dodgy bit is back paying him for those 3 years. The SANFl rejected Ports wish to make him their leadership player.

Last edited:

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Tbh, we had a great group of SANFL listed players in 2014. Summon, Slatts,Bruggermann, Beimans, Starred, Young, Sawford, Danny Butcher, Rakiwasa.

So we had a good broad of young players and experienced players, something we haven't had on our SANFL list the last two years. Last year I'd say only Summo and Proude were League players (though I rated Kluske too) this year Corcoran would be the only one, Mead has gotten much better how ever and Davidson could turn it on.

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Dodgy ? **** me you mean when the SANFL forced Summerton to play reserves because he wasn't an AFL listed player yet when the finals series begins he is counted as one of the AFL players therefore forcing us to pick another top up player in September !!!!

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Dodgy ? **** me you mean when the SANFL forced Summerton to play reserves because he wasn't an AFL listed player yet when the finals series begins he is counted as one of the AFL players therefore forcing us to pick another top up player in September !!!!
The whole situation was dodgy. The fact that You were able to pay Summerton back for the three years where he could only get $200 a game. Also the SANFL making both clubs play the AFL players first before other better players. Such as Summo. And counting him as an extra afl player when he was technically still 26 in 2014 and not the official leadership player. Its all been crap for both clubs. Cant wait until we both leave the sANFL. Hopefully AFL reserves comes within the next 2-3 years

Tyson Goldsack at training.
EKw8cKrUcAAq2IZ

I guess we weren't going to get Goldsack and Aaron Young. You would think Young's chances of being redrafted would be better in the sanfl.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I guess we weren't going to get Goldsack and Aaron Young. You would think Young's chances of being redrafted would be better in the sanfl.

Tbh, the amount of clubs that fall over in the NEAFL, it's actually good for them to keep some quality players in what is really a park league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back