List Mgmt. List management 2022-2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally fine if we miss out on him. Hes not very good
He's better than a few on our list, but I wouldn't want him taking games away from Burgoyne, which if we signed him he almost certainly would with Ken in charge.

Totally fine if we miss out on him. Hes not very good
The main reason I want us to miss out on him is because it's another excuse not to pick a KPD.

We need to be selecting 2.

I can just imagine us saying player x was too good to pass up at 33 and we had already used the last list spot on McKenna.

"How were we to predict injury/suspension to one of our only KPD options".

"We would have liked more genuine tall KPD so we didn't keep getting exposed like that but we just didn't have the picks".

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"We would have liked more genuine tall KPD so we didn't keep getting exposed like that but we just didn't have the picks".
You just know when Jonas is cooked and we're done to 1 fit KPD one week they'll roll out 'We tried to get Ratugolea. We couldn't have done anymore to strengthen our key back stocks. Some things they don't go your way. That's footy.'

Next yr we should be looking to get a free agent or 2.
Ben McKay a no brainer not sure we're the talk about him this yr started but hopefully we were into his ear.

Jade Gresham is the other one I would be after . He has had his injury setbacks but I really like him as a player could play him as a small forward with burst in the middle.

Last edited:
Next yr we should be looking to get a free agent or 2.
Ben McKay a no brainer not sure we're the talk about him this yr started but hopefully we were into his ear.
Jade Gresham is the other one I would be after . He has had his injury setbacks but I really like him as a player could play him as a small forward with burst in the middle.
After how norf acted with JHF I would gladly take McKay off there hands. Bonus is he can play as well.

What's the point in McKenna from a serious POV?

Jones needs game time at half back, we've contracted DBJ till the end of eternity despite his poor form, Burgoyne coming through, Houston and Burton as locks and Bonner in the best 22. That's before you consider Sinn, Bergman and Farrell. That we need to get games through and all can't fit into the last spot in the team.

McKenna, to me just doesn't make sense. Doesn't offer enough and is only getting in the way of the young kids we need game time into. The kids that we're basing our whole premiership chances on.

I'm sure Hinkley's Irish convict forefathers have some connection with the McKenna's. Conor will need a father figure being so far from home.

Kenny O'Hinkley to be sure, to be sure 🍀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would he train at Alberton? I know he's good mates with Oratzio but it seems weird to train when you're still looking at other clubs. I'm not opposed to McKenna I'm guessing we're not thinking of him as a half back becase we already have 127 of them but he's got serious speed and the ability to kick goals. Sidenote - werent the Rioli haters here yesterday saying Rioli was still in the north?

Why would he train at Alberton? I know he's good mates with Oratzio but it seems weird to train when you're still looking at other clubs. I'm not opposed to McKenna I'm guessing we're not thinking of him as a half back becase we already have 127 of them but he's got serious speed and the ability to kick goals. Sidenote - werent the Rioli haters here yesterday saying Rioli was still in the north?
Does anyone know if Orazio got through the session without losing a limb?

Everyone’s complaining we have too many HBFers in relation to McKenna however we don’t have any with the line breaking speed and attacking nature as McKenna.

Think he would be great to have down back. To often all our flankers just chip it back and forth and sideways without any desire to move quick.

If attack remains Mckennas first go to option then he would have an important role in the side and a point of difference. We sorely miss that line breaking speed down back on the rebound.

If he's cat B rookie sure, but if it's a normal rookie position I think its a pass.

Has it been confirmed anywhere whether he will be cat B rookie?

Everyone’s complaining we have too many HBFers in relation to McKenna however we don’t have any with the line breaking speed and attacking nature as McKenna.

Think he would be great to have down back. To often all our flankers just chip it back and forth and sideways without any desire to move quick.

If attack remains Mckennas first go to option then he would have an important role in the side and a point of difference. We sorely miss that line breaking speed down back on the rebound.
I think Burgoyne has creativity, wheels & the desire to attack.

True but he’s still developing and learning the ropes at AFL level. We should allow him that time before throwing him into that line breaking attacking role which naturally comes with additional pressure simply because playing attacking footy doesn’t always pay off. I would hate to see us throw him to the wolves to early and he looses his confidence.

Absolutely Burgoyne has to stay in the side though.

I think Burgoyne has creativity, wheels & the desire to attack.

True but he’s still developing and learning the ropes at AFL level. We should allow him that time before throwing him into that line breaking attacking role which naturally comes with additional pressure simply because playing attacking footy doesn’t always pay off. I would hate to see us throw him to the wolves to early and he looses his confidence.

Absolutely Burgoyne has to stay in the side though.
Burgoyne is already a composed, naturally creative player who adapted to the level like it was a walk in the park. He doesn't need his head cluttered with rubbish about what he's not 'ready' for.

who does he realistically displace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back