List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE have Charlie, Harry & JSOS.. Not sure we have a need for his type. Luke Breust is the only one that would interest me if Hawks were wanting to cut him loose.
It'd depend on the outlay but because Gunston would be a significant upgrade on JSOS.
Seems as though he's heading elsewhere so it's ultimately irrelevant.

I am fully supportive of trading Setterfield if he is surplus to our needs given docherty can go on ball. A bit concerned if Kennedy's foot does not come up. This is the list management aggression I have been calling for. 5 draftees under pick 40. Austin can put one of Marchbank, Mcgoven or Kemp on the table. I rate them and acknowledge we need to explore kemp forward but they could all vying for the same position, so trade one for the right pick and use it on a targetted specific player

I am fully supportive of trading Setterfield if he is surplus to our needs given docherty can go on ball. A bit concerned if Kennedy's foot does not come up. This is the list management aggression I have been calling for. 5 draftees under pick 40. Austin can put one of Marchbank, Mcgoven or Kemp on the table. I rate them and acknowledge we need to explore kemp forward but they could all vying for the same position, so trade one for the right pick and use it on a targetted specific player

All 3 could be vying for the same position, or one could play forward, while 2 play down back

Trading one of them won't give us 5 picks in the top 40, and much prefer multiple picks next year rather than in this draft

Kemp should be playing from halfback, not half forward.

All 3 could be vying for the same position, or one could play forward, while 2 play down back

Trading one of them won't give us 5 picks in the top 40, and much prefer multiple picks next year rather than in this draft

I would suggest with Marchbank back fit, he returns as the third tall defender and McGovern returns to the F50 as the third tall. I think that's more likely than any other scenario :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would suggest with Marchbank back fit, he returns as the third tall defender and McGovern returns to the F50 as the third tall. I think that's more likely than any other scenario :think:
Agree if both players can remain on the park, your option is logical.
Our forward line would be more potent and the back line should manage.

We should be exploring developing Kemp as a forward/mid. It's something all the really good sides have. We only have this when Cripps is going forward and having an impact and for half of last year we didn't have that.

That midfielder who can go forward or play a forward running role and have a big impact or that forward who can go on the ball and have a big impact is what is missing from our team for a lot of the time. When Cripps does it we are so much better. When he's held up with injury or full time mid we are far less threatening.

Trading Dow and Setterfield is all well and good however if we do that then our depth becomes really thin for onballers. Relying heavily on Carroll which is ok but he's still young and hoping that Kemp or Philp move to an onball position and come on. Serious contenders need depth. Can't be missing out because of an few injuries.

IMO Setterfield stays as onball depth. Dow goes. Carroll starts playing a few games and becomes serious depth, consider trading Setterfield when Carroll passes him, hopefully towards the end of next year or if Kemp comes on in the midfield.

Marchbank and McGovern as tall near key position size players who can play key position but run like half back flankers, read the game and intercept mark and play on nearly any forward presented to us brings something unique and incredibly valuable to our team. IMO it will take a little time for it to gel but Aaron Hamill as the defensive coach will be licking his lips in terms of team defensive structure. IMO if we improve our defensive game plan, have a midfield pressure game plan and improve how our forwards join in in regards to team defence then these guys with Young and Weitering will be absolute weapons.

We should be exploring developing Kemp as a forward/mid. It's something all the really good sides have. We only have this when Cripps is going forward and having an impact and for half of last year we didn't have that.

That midfielder who can go forward or play a forward running role and have a big impact or that forward who can go on the ball and have a big impact is what is missing from our team for a lot of the time. When Cripps does it we are so much better. When he's held up with injury or full time mid we are far less threatening.

Trading Dow and Setterfield is all well and good however if we do that then our depth becomes really thin for onballers. Relying heavily on Carroll which is ok but he's still young and hoping that Kemp or Philp move to an onball position and come on. Serious contenders need depth. Can't be missing out because of an few injuries.

IMO Setterfield stays as onball depth. Dow goes. Carroll starts playing a few games and becomes serious depth, consider trading Setterfield when Carroll passes him, hopefully towards the end of next year or if Kemp comes on in the midfield.

Marchbank and McGovern as tall near key position size players who can play key position but run like half back flankers, read the game and intercept mark and play on nearly any forward presented to us brings something unique and incredibly valuable to our team. IMO it will take a little time for it to gel but Aaron Hamill as the defensive coach will be licking his lips in terms of team defensive structure. IMO if we improve our defensive game plan, have a midfield pressure game plan and improve how our forwards join in in regards to team defence then these guys with Young and Weitering will be absolute weapons.

Think he has medium defender written all over him.

Think he has medium defender written all over him.
He was stuck in this role for a long while in the VFL and was very underwhelming. Hardly found any of the ball, only later in the season did he show any progress. It would be good to have that string to his bow and create backup for McGovern and Marchbank but something I said on the day we recruited him, I hope we don't ruin him by trying to make a defensive player out of him and I still stand by that.

This is a guy with some incredible natural gifts, he's the sort who can develop into a match winner. Someone you want right in the thick of the contest to win you a game when it needs to be won.

If you want to get the best out of a guy like Kemp, you pump up his tyres, you don't push too hard for him to do the defensive stuff and you put him in a position where he can attack and hunt the ball as much as possible and get him where the ball is as much as possible and give him the opportunity to score goals. Like what Cripps did in the early rounds and guys like DeGoey, Dangerfield, Bontempelli, Petracca do. Big powerful match winners that are very very difficult to stop.

It's actually a missing piece of our midfield. Kemp in there makes it a little less one paces and a little more dynamic.

Comes down to our development though and someone at the club to be able to see his capabilities. Fitness probably hasn't been there yet.

He was stuck in this role for a long while in the VFL and was very underwhelming. Hardly found any of the ball, only later in the season did he show any progress. It would be good to have that string to his bow and create backup for McGovern and Marchbank but something I said on the day we recruited him, I hope we don't ruin him by trying to make a defensive player out of him and I still stand by that.

This is a guy with some incredible natural gifts, he's the sort who can develop into a match winner. Someone you want right in the thick of the contest to win you a game when it needs to be won.

If you want to get the best out of a guy like Kemp, you pump up his tyres, you don't push too hard for him to do the defensive stuff and you put him in a position where he can attack and hunt the ball as much as possible and get him where the ball is as much as possible and give him the opportunity to score goals. Like what Cripps did in the early rounds and guys like DeGoey, Dangerfield, Bontempelli, Petracca do. Big powerful match winners that are very very difficult to stop.

It's actually a missing piece of our midfield. Kemp in there makes it a little less one paces and a little more dynamic.

Comes down to our development though and someone at the club to be able to see his capabilities. Fitness probably hasn't been there yet.
I'm glad we are in agreement.

Kemp should be half-forward/back and through the guts while playing on the wing.

Seriously though, I think this is a bit of Kemp's issue at the minute. He's capable of playing in all of those positions, yet no one really knows where he's going to excel and own the position. I think most here would agree that he's too talented not to be playing. But where does Vossy put him?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Reckon he has that McGovern role covered yeah?

Narkle is worth a look. Stuff this Geelong reject talk. They are deeper than a sinkhole. If he plays 22 he stays………….duh.
Sheepy you sound like you think that your at the show and that adding players to the list is like buying showbags at the show.

Are you on show at the show?

For me, I cannot see a future where McGov plays forward again (excluding the late last quarter shift to try and get a match winning mark). He is a weapon of half back and was lost up forward. Marchbank when fit is a solid defender, but he often does not play.

Kemp, from what I have seen at this stage of his career gets out smarted by opposition mid sized forwards and pushed around a little by the bigger ones. That may change as he develops.

This years pre-season game where he was leading out from half forward, I texted my mate and said "he could be a real weapon for us, quick, good hands, solid kick and big enough to be hard to out mark on the lead". He looked very natural in that position. I did not pay attention to his tackling pressure acts so can comment on that.

I'm glad we are in agreement.

Kemp should be half-forward/back and through the guts while playing on the wing.

I think this is a bit of Kemp's issue at the minute. He's capable of playing in all of those positions, yet no one really knows where he's going to excel and own the position. I think most here would agree that he's too talented not to be playing. But where does Vossy put him?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It shouldn't be an issue but it is. His athletic profile puts him in so many positions. Tall, fast, good leap, strong, pretty agile, shown glimpses of talent in all positions. I just think a player like that should be using his talents offensively. An impact player, a match winner. Someone who can burst from stoppages and do damage doing that. Someone who can go forward win the ball burst clear and kick goals or take marks when we are going forward. It's sort of what we lack. If he has a really good preseason and Kennedy is not up to scratch I would be playing him as an attacking onballer who we throw forward or who drifts forward.

He's got some very rare traits. We would be silly to use them on a conservative defensive manner. Sure that might work out but those positions are already filled by really good players. What we lack is a fast game changing mid who can go forward.

Kemp as a midfielder, he hits his prime as Cripps would hit his decline. Having those two rotating forward/mid would work. Gives us a constant forward mid who can impact both areas, prolongs the careers and onfield time of both players.

My only question is whether he can do the running. He's a young player coming in off the back of a lot of injuries so maybe not. But a good preseason who knows.

Strangely written ' "was tipped to be joining Carlton now being interviewed by a rival club". Would read that to mean not Carlton but unsure.
It actually read "Reports from August suggested McAsey was destined to join Carlton this off-season, with the versatile young tall now revealed to be heading to Victoria after discussions with a rival club."

Weird arse wording, but I interpreted it as the discussions were with a rival club to the Cows - which meant it could have been any Vic club.....I think :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back