List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know it may be controversial but I really couldn't care less about signing TDK now. Walsh, Saad, Charlie, Harry, Weiters and Crippa are the contracts I want to be committed to long term as priority. If TDK was to be shaken loose because of it I'd be disappointed but by no means do I think he's as irreplaceable as the others.

Austin with the signings we've made over this last 2 years, tremendous job.

Last edited:
Now we know how much cap we have, Austin go get pick 7... :thumbsupv1:
Love your enthusiasm Tena, but have a think. We need to move Setters, or Dow on to get our three picks in the draft.
(Admittedly could go with 2 plus Owies upgrade) To take Bowes plus 7, we need to find another spot on top as well as placing supreme pressure on both the cap and the “culture” we are building.

And, this year’s draft is not that good…

Love your enthusiasm Tena, but have a think. We need to move Setters, or Dow on to get our three picks in the draft.
(Admittedly could go with 2 plus Owies upgrade) To take Bowes plus 7, we need to find another spot on top as well as placing supreme pressure on both the cap and the “culture” we are building.

And, this year’s draft is not that good…
Understand what you are saying...

We have 2x Senior and 1x Rookie list spots with adding Owies and Acres...

If moving on depth players Setterfield, Dow and E.Curnow made the cap space and list spots, I'd do it without plinking an eye...

Massive long term list upgrade to bring in Pick 7 (Phillipou), Pick 10 (Humphrey, Hewett, Hotton or other) Pick 28 ?
and Bowes (former top 10 pick) with attributes we need...

Herald sun reporting he is open to taking the money over 4 years...
What a massive endorsement to the playing group, for Bowes to come in and say I've taken massive unders to be here... Let's win a flag...

Disappointingly, highly doubt we are a player anyway...

Last edited:
Understand what you are saying...

We have 2x Senior and 1x Rookie list spots with adding Owies and Acres...

If moving on depth players Setterfield, Dow and E.Curnow made the cap space and list spots, I'd do it without plinking an eye...

Massive long term list upgrade to bring in Pick 7 (Phillipou), Pick 10 (Humphrey, Hewett, Hotton or other) Pick 28 ?
and Bowes (former top 10 pick) with attributes we need...

Herald sun reporting he is open to taking the money over 4 years...
What a massive endorsement to the playing group, for Bowes to come in and say I've taken massive unders to be here... Let's win a flag...

Disappointingly, highly doubt we are a player anyway...
Whatever you do Tena, don't plink an eye.

Now just TDK to go

I think both player and club would be best to wait this one out and see what sort of player TDK is in 6-12 months time, the club could not possibly offer him a long term deal on big money on current output.. He projects massively but we all know that doesnt always play out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Acres would be done by now... Peter Bell must be holding out...
The list management teams, plane leaves for their holiday in Bali tonight... :grinv1:

This trade would have been worked out and agreed to weeks ago. The AFL know that it is the best interest of itself and its media partners to string this out as long as possible.

I think both player and club would be best to wait this one out and see what sort of player TDK is in 6-12 months time, the club could not possibly offer him a long term deal on big money on current output.. He projects massively but we all know that doesnt always play out.

Personally think we should dangle him and see what shakes from the tree, trade wise.

I'm still a little confused with our strategy this year...
We obviously rate the draft and want to focus on the draft, which I'm 100% behind...

However, at this stage we have the 5th worst draft hand out of all teams and not sure how we better it...

Think we and 16 other team will really miss out on a one off deal of the decade...
Pick 7 and taking on Bowes contract for a future second rounder... Seriously good deal...

I'd hope if we have any spare cap space left this year (only) we look to buy some picks...
Gold Coast might want to sell some of 25, 31, 34, 43

TDK has the potential to be the best 3rd tall + backup ruckman in the league. He grew HEAPS this year.

We need to see how he and Pitto go in 2023...ruck could go from our weakness to our sterngth.

TDK has the potential to be the best 3rd tall + backup ruckman in the league. He grew HEAPS this year.

We need to see how he and Pitto go in 2023...ruck could go from our weakness to our sterngth.

People judging pitto off the back of the last 2 games of this year will be eating some humble pie come round 1 when he’s first ruck and TKD back up/floating forward

Especially if the AFL go 5 on the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We obviously rate the draft and want to focus on the draft, which I'm 100% behind...

However, at this stage we have the 5th worst draft hand out of all teams and not sure how we better it...

Think we and 16 other team will really miss out on a one off deal of the decade...
Pick 7 and taking on Bowes contract for a future second rounder... Seriously good deal...

I'd hope if we have any spare cap space left this year (only) we look to buy some picks...

Our strategy is to sign our key players up for life, address the immediate weakness on the wing, and then bring in a handful of kids via the draft.

People have interpreted that last bit as "trade up and draft as many elite kids as humanly possible", but at no point has that been suggested by the club.

Nothing wrong with taking kids at 11, 29, [37/47] and 62. That's a standard draft hand, and there will be some very likely players at the first two picks and some decent prospects at the latter two.

How can you be confused?

The club has laid out its strategy of going to the draft. We have the draft hand that we get for where we finished apart from our 3rd which we used in the Cerra deal. We have 2 x 4th rounders. We will also get a pick for Jones which will increase our draft hand which you seem so concerned about.

Others will trade picks out which means we will have a stronger draft hand than Adelaide (Rankine) port Adelaide (horne-Francis) and Freo (Jackson). We may also bundle up 37 (hoping Jones pick) and our 2 fourths to someone who needs points. Might even get another third for Dow. We could end up 10, 28, 29 and north's third rounder next year. From all accounts that might get us three good players.

I think you can assume that we don't have the cap space to take on the Bowes contract. Far happier to have Harry signed till 2030.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back