List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitt does need to get more involved around the ground just as TDK needs to offer more.
They're both reasonably green so they should add additional layers to their respective games with time.

Reasonably green? Pitto turning 27 next year. I wouldn't put him in the same career stage as TDK.

TDK and Thirsty Mirk are the same age (23) though.

Reasonably green? Pitto turning 27 next year. I wouldn't put him in the same career stage as TDK.

TDK and Thirsty Mirk are the same age (23) though.
I’d say it’s in relation to number of AFL games played, teddy.
They both sit on around 40 IIRC (someone might want to check this)
and I’m sure ‘Brad’ played nearly a hundred VFL games for Box Hill (check this as well)

So reasonably green in an AFL games played sense, I’d suggest.

Kreuze also had some good things to say about TDK’s development.

Kreuzer lauds De Koning's confidence-building campaign

Wish the AFL confirmed whether or not it's going to be 4 or 5 on the bench. 3 ruckmen is ok but 4 is probably the quota if it's 5 on the bench. Makes it hard with list sizes though and if Mirkov has not become AFL capable then we are very thin here with 5 on the bench and only 2 AFL capable ruckmen.

I would not worry about the quality of Pittonet, he's a good ruckman and DeKoning is a very good second ruck.

Pittonet is not a developing player, DeKoning is, his body is still a little light, just hasn't had the preseasons and good injury run behind him.

and I’m sure ‘Brad’ played nearly a hundred VFL games for Box Hill (check this as well)

Yeah, TDK is fine and will come on quickly - similar to how English has gone up another level this season, I'm looking forward to that growth from TDK in 2023.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I’d take Polec on a 1-year deal.

The guy was a gun at Port, obviously things didn’t pan out at North but he has a couple of great years at the Power.

Maybe he’s surplus with Acres on board but he’s too good a player to already be out of the system.

Yep your right…..very unpopular.

A hard NO.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seedsman is an interesting delisting…

Not saying we should pick him up, but wouldn’t have thought he’d get delisted, played some decent games…
I have a lot of respect for the resolve of the Crows management. They have built a very robust young list. Unfortunately, I expect some layers will fall in to place quickly. Getting some size in to their midfield and consolidating their defence are the keys.

Seedsman is an interesting delisting…

Not saying we should pick him up, but wouldn’t have thought he’d get delisted, played some decent games…
Has only been rookied due to ongoing effects of concussion, otherwise a decent player at his best…
Hope he can manage to play again, must be some doubts when your dealing with such a serious problem as this in this modern day…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With ruck you do need a body type equiped to compete at the AFL level. You need a good 5 or 6 preseasons in the gym which Pitto has had but not the others.

Anyway - exciting times if Mirkov starts to play games. Massive leap and 210cm.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I’d take Polec on a 1-year deal.

The guy was a gun at Port, obviously things didn’t pan out at North but he has a couple of great years at the Power.

Maybe he’s surplus with Acres on board but he’s too good a player to already be out of the system.
I posted a similar comment about month back and got the thumbs down hope your lawn dies response. That said, if he is fit, and that's a big if given his history of foot/ankle injuries, we could do worse. Saw him play regularly at Adelaide Oval in a decent Port Adelaide side and was a good player. There's a reason he was enticed to Arden St but in a crap side he offered very little. Not sure how his contract would play out given he's been cut by Norfs with $700k attached to it.

I posted a similar comment about month back and got the thumbs down hope your lawn dies response. That said, if he is fit, and that's a big if given his history of foot/ankle injuries, we could do worse. Saw him play regularly at Adelaide Oval in a decent Port Adelaide side and was a good player. There's a reason he was enticed to Arden St but in a crap side he offered very little. Not sure how his contract would play out given he's been cut by Norfs with $700k attached to it.
The powers that be really need to consider the value of the dislike button. It’s always lashed by posters who don’t even bother responding to the post and adds nothing to the thread.

Polec was a genuine gun for a couple of years at Port. Had beautiful skills, nice kick and hit the scoreboard pretty regularly. Even his first year at North was decent - averaged 23 touches and a goal a game.

He also plays a position we are figuring out on the fly.

Maybe his time has passed, but otherwise it’s a fairly quick exit out of the game given his skillset and ceiling. Outside players can often suffer in poor teams, and I think this is what has happened at North Melbourne. He needs a solid inside midfield group around him to be effective and North just haven’t had the personnel to made best use of him.

I think he’d work well in our system given we are stacked for inside midfielders but need outside support. He’s also a different style wing from Acres and would well in combination. A lot of his good work at Port was due to him covering the group well and consistently being a strong link up option who could then cut a risky kick through the corridor.

Vossy coached him for 5 years. I’m sure he has the good oil on him, it’d be a shame not to consider bringing him in based off a lacklustre few years at the Roos while they have been struggling and he himself has battled injury.

I think we could do a hell of a lot worse than signing him on rookie wages.

I have a lot of respect for the resolve of the Crows management. They have built a very robust young list. Unfortunately, I expect some layers will fall in to place quickly. Getting some size in to their midfield and consolidating their defence are the keys.
Yeah not sure how they do that with the picks they have...

The powers that be really need to consider the value of the dislike button. It’s always lashed by posters who don’t even bother responding to the post and adds nothing to the thread.

Polec was a genuine gun for a couple of years at Port. Had beautiful skills, nice kick and hit the scoreboard pretty regularly. Even his first year at North was decent - averaged 23 touches and a goal a game.

He also plays a position we are figuring out on the fly.

Maybe his time has passed, but otherwise it’s a fairly quick exit out of the game given his skillset and ceiling. Outside players can often suffer in poor teams, and I think this is what has happened at North Melbourne. He needs a solid inside midfield group around him to be effective and North just haven’t had the personnel to made best use of him.

I think he’d work well in our system given we are stacked for inside midfielders but need outside support. He’s also a different style wing from Acres and would well in combination. A lot of his good work at Port was due to him covering the group well and consistently being a strong link up option who could then cut a risky kick through the corridor.

Vossy coached him for 5 years. I’m sure he has the good oil on him, it’d be a shame not to consider bringing him in based off a lacklustre few years at the Roos while they have been struggling and he himself has battled injury.

I think we could do a hell of a lot worse than signing him on rookie wages.

I think north delisted him because of injuries. He couldn’t get on the park.

Carlton doesn’t need another player who is consistently injured.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t want us to play with the list too much. I’d rather see us grow exponentially as a physically fit side and use the disappointment of last years slide and motivation to grow a harder, competitive advantage.
Get stronger, faster and allow that to create time and space to hit targets. Lions dynasty went from wooden spoon to contention with a similar list in 12 months. Voss was there. He knows what it takes.
Internal growth will get us over the hump, not shiny new toys.
Looking for Carrol, Kemp or Durdin to go bang!

Still think we need to cull a couple of list types next year...

To be in line with this years, Top 8 KPP depth...

KPFKPDRuck
Top 8 Teams 4.255.253.75
US233

Cut
1x Inside midfield
1x Outside Midfielder
2x 3rd tall defenders

Add
1x KPF
1x KPF/Ruck
2x KPD

The real upside of our list, we have a lot of players who can naturally play multiple roles...
Which gives us great flexibility, but we can make them grow to cover KPP...

Other areas of need
1x Medium Forward
1x Medium Defender
1x Small Defender
& upgrades of any players we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back