Status
Not open for further replies.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
robbing peter to pay paul
Is it if Pittonet is back? I’m a big fan of the idea of TDk going back. He already does well when he drifts down there. I think he plays with the desperation a natural defender requires. He’s an even better athlete than his brother. I think a Weiters/TDk backline would be an absolute weapon.

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
Is it if Pittonet is back? I’m a big fan of the idea of TDk going back. He already does well when he drifts down there. I think he plays with the desperation a natural defender requires. He’s an even better athlete than his brother. I think a Weiters/TDk backline would be an absolute weapon.
Pretty sure I was the first on the board to float the idea of TDK back. Simply at the moment we are fully invested in role players to partner Weiters and have some decent ones who could well be long term pieces. Pitto and TDK can coexist. Will ask questions of the team dynamic if/when Charlie, Harry, TDK, JSOS and Pitto are all fit and firing. The three or four pressure forward model has emerged in recent weeks begging questions.

I don’t believe there is any chance of TDK being tried back unless our 2nd tall options become failures in the short term
and/or big Mirkov becomes a “player”.

I share the view he could be an asset down back. Part of my focus was his abitlty to get hands on the pill in almost any aerial contest, but his low percentage of marks held, lent itself to defensive options. He is starting to “clunk them” more consistently, so may now be a moot point.

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Article in the HS today about the under 18's comp nice snippet re: Dane Whitnall

" Dane Whitnall — the son of former Carlton star Lance Whitnall — scored 141 ranking points for Calder Cannons in their loss to Oakleigh Chargers.
The 195cm defender recorded 23 disposals, six marks, 12 intercept possessions and nine rebound 50s in what was his best match of the season. "

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Article in the HS today about the under 18's comp nice snippet re: Dane Whitnall

" Dane Whitnall — the son of former Carlton star Lance Whitnall — scored 141 ranking points for Calder Cannons in their loss to Oakleigh Chargers.
The 195cm defender recorded 23 disposals, six marks, 12 intercept possessions and nine rebound 50s in what was his best match of the season. "
Sounds promising! We haven't burnt too many bridges with the family have we?

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Nothing that a year supply of parma and chips at the Epping hotel can't fix...
If he's being considered as father and son, especially as he fits a need, ability to match at a discount, and if he has 50% of his dad's football brain he would be a worthy inclusion to the list... if he ticks the boxes then I'd be sending him the clubs nutritionist now and Russell I'm sure has a spare tyre and rope to lend him.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Whitnall would have been eligible for the draft last year, yeah? Was he overlooked, or did he just not nominate?

Hopefully he puts together a solid body of work in the second half of the season, timing is just about perfect for him to be considered. Weitering, Durdin and Young as the KPDs, Marchy, Gov and Kemp the third tall options - draft Whitnall with a late pick and the luxury of a couple of development years.

How is Akuei shaping up, by the way? Is he a proper third tall, or just a rangy medium defender?

'51 Bewick

Club Legend
Feb 2, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks
Hi Folks,
I have Lachlan Fogarty in a keeper league. Do you see him getting games or have too many passed him?.
Cheers.

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Whitnall would have been eligible for the draft last year, yeah? Was he overlooked, or did he just not nominate?

Hopefully he puts together a solid body of work in the second half of the season, timing is just about perfect for him to be considered. Weitering, Durdin and Young as the KPDs, Marchy, Gov and Kemp the third tall options - draft Whitnall with a late pick and the luxury of a couple of development years.

How is Akuei shaping up, by the way? Is he a proper third tall, or just a rangy medium defender?
I'd say if he was eligible last year would have been as a lower age given he's still playing NAB league (U18's)

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
If he's being considered as father and son, especially as he fits a need, ability to match at a discount, and if he has 50% of his dad's football brain he would be a worthy inclusion to the list... if he ticks the boxes then I'd be sending him the clubs nutritionist now and Russell I'm sure has a spare tyre and rope to lend him.

Just keep him away from the South Melbourne Market Dim Sims Stall.

:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 16, 2019
Kgari Coast Qld.
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty sure (according to other poster's, who have viewed Dane), he's on the skinny side.
This is a good sign, just needs his dad to be his dietician until he is selected by Carlton.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty sure (according to other poster's, who have viewed Dane), he's on the skinny side.
This is a good sign, just needs his dad to be his dietician until he is selected by Carlton.
This is him with ball in hand. You never know when dad's genes will kick in. (He does have good meaty thighs coming along)
1654584371145.png

I'd say if he was eligible last year would have been as a lower age given he's still playing NAB league (U18's)
He's 19 this year, born in Jan, 2003. He'll be 20 in 2023.

If Dane keeps performing like he has been, I reckon he's a good chance for a late pick for us or early in the rookie draft.

bluebaggerjuls

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi Folks,
I have Lachlan Fogarty in a keeper league. Do you see him getting games or have too many passed him?.
Cheers.

Hes a fair way back in the queue. Dont see it changing anytime soon. Best chance would be if someone like zac fisher left or got injured.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Whitnall was overlooked. Akuei looking like a KPD prospect if he works at it, but can play as a tallish general defender currently.

Has speed, but prefers to play in the air and through contact.
Skinny to the point where his leg speed is highly inconsistent. Like watching a very young Dustin Fletcher, though not as quick or rangy.
He's 19 this year, born in Jan, 2003. He'll be 20 in 2023.

If Dane keeps performing like he has been, I reckon he's a good chance for a late pick for us or early in the rookie draft.
If he makes it to the rookie draft (probable) we can pre-list him then, so he uses our last pick.

If the progress continues, happy to take the punt on him, subject to us at least ditching McDonald & Parks. I want a higher grade young prospect to develop alongside that, though.

Derksen would have been fantastic, but the hype saw him go very early in the MSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back