List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When?
And don't say Melbourne again, it is clearly not a similar model.

Yes, yes, Melbourne again, let's just shuffle some names

Not about the quality, just the possible structure

Brown - Harry
McDonald - Durdin
Fritsch - Charlie
Jackson - TDK
Gawn - Pitto

Bullen, Spargo, Pickett - Any of our 3 small forwards

Rather than Sparrow - Jsos

Like your comparison and they are defiantly the standard...

However, what the previous month has shown us, is if delivery is not spot on
or any of them are down on form the ball just rebounds out and they are exposed...

Also Gawn and Jackson are super athletic players who can ruck and play forward...
Pittonet and Goldy whilst good ruckman are only ruckman...

Different types for sure, but think we also have an advantage with the likes of Harry. But, bringing in another "tall" as such, wouldn't cause a player wanting out

Another alternative

Brown - Harry
McDonald - Durdin
Fritsch - Charlie
Jackson - TDK
Gawn - Pitto

Brown - Harry
McDonald - Durdin
Fritsch - Charlie
Jackson - TDK
Gawn - Pitto

Ok, I would strongly argue that playing Durdin as a forward is a very different structure to playing both Goldstein and Pitto as rucks. And I really don't see us playing Durdin forward when we have those other 4 in the team.

Brown - Harry
McDonald - Durdin
Fritsch - Charlie
Jackson - TDK
Gawn - Pitto

Brown - Harry
McDonald - Curnow
Fritsch - JSOS
Jackson - TDK
Gawn - Pitt

Is more realistic.

Sparrow at 183cm is closer to Martin or Honey.

That structure doesn't work with two traditional ruckman like Pitt and Goldy. If Charlie is considered the third tall JSOS drops out.

Brown - Harry
McDonald - Curnow
Fritsch - JSOS
Jackson - TDK
Gawn - Pitt

Is more realistic.

Sparrow at 183cm is closer to Martin or Honey.

That structure doesn't work with two traditional ruckman like Pitt and Goldy. If Charlie is considered the third tall JSOS drops out.
Durdin replaces Goldy

Not too concerned with individual height, moreso overall mobility and structure.

Durdin replaces Goldy

Not too concerned with individual height, moreso overall mobility and structure.

Think we can only play three of Harry, Charlie, JSOS and Durdin/McDonald, if Pitt and TDK continue to share the ruck load as we expect.

Silvagni's mobility as a traditional third tall is brilliant but would prefer a smaller pressure player if that is not his role.

Think we can only play three of Harry, Charlie, JSOS and Durdin/McDonald, if Pitt and TDK continue to share the ruck load as we expect.

Silvagni's mobility as a traditional third tall is brilliant but would prefer a smaller pressure player if that is not his role.

Let's get back to the original point. Bringing in another tall (forget Goldy), that suits our setup, where we play taller as another club has shown by winning a flag, would not result in a player wanting out

Let's get back to the original point. Bringing in another tall (forget Goldy), that suits our setup, where we play taller as another club has shown by winning a flag, would not result in a player wanting out

I will agree on that.

My preference is a developing tall forward capable of rucking if required, and an additional KPD, developing or ready made, on top of Durdin. Not a 3rd tall.

A traditional ruckman is near the bottom of my list. Re-assess at the end of next season if Mirkov doesn't show enough improvement.

Here's one to ponder.

If the club rate Mirkov as highly as has been suggested, where does that put TDK in 2-3 years?

Thia is why the suggestion that we recruit a stopgap depth ruckman has validity. Pitto as first choice ruck, depth bloke behind him, Mirkov developing. TDK locked in as the third tall/supporting ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Different types for sure, but think we also have an advantage with the likes of Harry. But, bringing in another "tall" as such, wouldn't cause a player wanting out

Another alternative

Brown - Harry
McDonald - Durdin
Fritsch - Charlie
Jackson - TDK
Gawn - Pitto

Still think we need to trade or draft another Ruck/ KPF or KPF...
Brown - Harry
McDonald - ???
Fritsch - Charlie
Jackson - TDK
Gawn - Pitto

Would prefer Durdin to play back...

May - Young
Lever - Weitering
Petty - Durdin

Still think we need to trade or draft another Ruck/ KPF or KPF...
Brown - Harry
McDonald - ???
Fritsch - Charlie
Jackson - TDK
Gawn - Pitto

Would prefer Durdin to play back...

May - Young
Lever - Weitering
Petty - Durdin

I guess McDonald like Durdin can play either end

If we go into next year with Weitering, Young, Durdin, OMac, I would draft, KPF that can chopout ruck, ruck that can be a threat forward, KPD. If we release OMac, find another cheap replacement. This is also on the proviso that we cut a 1-3, 3rd talls

Here another to ponder:

Who improved as a player under Teague?

Answer:No one

Now who has improved under Voss
or should I say HOW many have improved under Voss.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
how the **** do you know what part teague played in any player's progress/improvement timeline? I'm tipping there would be numerous players who would say they learned from teague things that they are using now as the team improves and jells - when do the tiny-minded, past coach insults actually finish?

Not sure about that. Said model looks very cumbersome and doesn't really leave any room for Jack to play.

I know that we are talking hypothetical but having Goldy. Pitto, TDK, Harry and Charlie running around in the same team would mean a lot of minutes for some on the bench and a lot of easy exits from our forward line.

Our depth at ruck has changed with the emergence of TDK. The club probably has to make a hard nosed decision of where Mirkov is tracking towards. If they genuinely believe that he will make it (as we keep hearing) we don't
Agree. Goldstein would be such a backward step its beyond a joke.

They actually key part is that the club needs to make an honest assessment as to where Mirkov is heading. If the club believes that he is going to make it (and that is the word that we are hearing) then we don't need another lumbering ruckman who can't play forward like Goldstein. We simply need a back up forward like Leigh Brown who can pinch hit in the ruck.
My kingdom for a Casboult!

Here another to ponder:

Who improved as a player under Teague?

Answer:No one

Now who has improved under Voss
or should I say HOW many have improved under Voss.

Not sure about Teague but I heard Del Santo on the radio on the weekend before the game and he was talking about how every player for the Blues, that he was looking at warming up, could arguably say they are having a career best year, Cripps included. So it's more a question of who hasn't appeared to improve this year, excluding those obviously spending plenty of time on the sideline. Not many come to mind.

how the **** do you know what part teague played in any player's progress/improvement timeline? I'm tipping there would be numerous players who would say they learned from teague things that they are using now as the team improves and jells - when do the tiny-minded, past coach insults actually finish?

There are two types of improvement. Personal and team level improvement. Star players like Walsh just don’t need the personal development support and can develop as they are superstars. Other fringe players like Cottrell, Lob need help as they are border line. Teague was accountable for team level improvement. Cottrell is benefiting from higher standards and better game day strategy: better role knowledge. This is something Voss is accountable for now…and something Teague was accountable for previously.

Another way of looking at it. Castagna and butler for Richmond. If they came to Carlton under teagues stewardship, they would have been useless because Teagues standards were useless. His strategy was useless and it is plain to see with how much has changed for us this year. It is not even hindsight…he played Murphy forward…someone who doesn’t tackle or chase defensively. He played others in small forward role without hard chase downs (gibbons). You can cite fwd coach…I cite head coach‘s enforcement. Teague was accountable.

So stop highlighting these posts every time as there is enough of a story there. Nice guy, wrong role for him at the time. Teague was accountable for the framework which includes transition, key roles and enforcement. The line coaches feed into that and then train. But if line coaches are weak, Teagues needs to enforce. There are GLARING examples of where he hasn’t on the underserved milestone matches last year.

Development sucked then and now is good. Plowman and Newman are having their best years. So many of the other whipping boys. Most of it due to Voss’s changes that have led to better overall performance. Same as Hardwick has claimed Grham, Castagna, butler and lambert…all potential VFL / AFL fringe players into strong players due to his transition and role development.

Lets not forget other things like his on camera comments on Kennedy. He said he can’t play both in the same side as Kennedy and Cripps are too slow...well he referred to kennedy as too slow. He was The cause of putting a ’good’ player on the rookie list. Whatever your view…he is accountable for that as well. I mean naive. Lacked understanding. Voss has it right on the Dow vs Kennedy piece. But he is also doing the right thing with Dow. He can’t play another spot like Kennedy….he needs to develop in the VFL to add strings. Teague clueless.

Last edited:
I see our future ruck depth as, in order,

Pittonet, TDK, Mirkov, developing FWD/RUC, Durdin/McDonald, Young, JSOS.

Must recruit another tall defender to give us the flexibility to do this. I think in 12 months time Mirkov will be ready to cover a game here or there.

No to Goldy. Great player but not required.
I think Young has shown us that he is capable of being our new jones/#2 KPD behind the master Weitering.
Both are pretty resilient, but we need one other to step in when either are injured.
OMac will either be judged as too fragile, or, capable of staying on the list; If they let him go, then yes I believe he needs replacing. I have confidence that they feel he is fixable.
JSOS(194cm) can play as a third defender and is resilient.
Marchbank (193cm) and MM(191cm) are obviously the ideal 3rds but are unreliable. I have more confidence the marchbank will fitten up. MM not so much.
Kemp is a 3rd KPP size at 193 and doesnt have an obvious position. if he is developed as an intercept 3rd defender then surely with JSOS, Marchbank, MM we have the 3rd tall covered. We also have Plowman at 193cm

Durdin (198cm), Omac (196) , Young (201cm) Weiters (196cm) seems enough depth to me for KPP1 and KPP2

Our recency Bias is taking away rationality IMO . We have enough depth, what we havent had is luck.

Not insults in any way just observations on how well Voss has coached along with the other coaching group.

I agree we don’t need to bash him , he’s gone but…
Unfortunately Thy , Voss’s arrival and the team/clubs rapid emergence has shown just how bloody ordinary Teague was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back