List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyd would be our most dangerous small forward if we played him there, but I do like him in the back 7
Pretty sure he has never played as a forward despite Austin claiming to recruit him as a forward. No evidence that he has any forward craft or the knack of how to kick a bag of goals

Pretty sure he has never played as a forward despite Austin claiming to recruit him as a forward. No evidence that he has any forward craft or the knack of how to kick a bag of goals

Never played there with us, but did with the Dogs VFL side. Plus has all the traits to play the role, speed, agility, step, tough, strong overhead and a very good kick

Why haven't we at least experiment with Stocker in the guts? Is this 'tank' issue actually a genuine problem? Last week Setters showed that he can comfortably take over that position from Dow, but where does that leave Stocker, in the back pocket? Sadly he has shown very little over the last 4 years playing in a position which he clearly shouldn't be in.
Stocker missed 3 months + this preseason. He isn’t the type that can afford that. I’d like to see him do a Matt Kennedy, lose 5kg and get insanely fit.

We need more snarl, aggression and edge in our team. I reckon Zurhaar would be fantastic.

I'm sick of our boy scouts getting pushed around and bullied.
If Martin and Jack keep this up, there's no role for him. Then you've got to consider Honey and Cuningham. I just don't see it.

We need more elite forwards and less small and general forward options, so I'm not sure Zurhaar fits the bill. From North's list, I'd rather look into Eddie Ford's aerobic capacity and bring him over to develop.

Never played there with us, but did with the Dogs VFL side. Plus has all the traits to play the role, speed, agility, step, tough, strong overhead and a very good kick
For mine all the more reason to play him in the back half as outside of Saad nobody else has these traits and we badly need them. Williams previously had them, but feel his agility and speed have really dropped off, he still has a good step, positions his body well and is crafty, but has lost some of his explosiveness and not surprisingly given all the injuries.

I would give up a 2nd for Zurhaar

So would every other club in the league...

He'd probably cost us one of our young guns...
Probably a Kemp or Stocker that North could use... Wouldn't be against it if the club though Zurhaar was the man...

Personally, if we were to pay up for a player I'd prefer Bergman...

Probably a Kemp or Stocker that North could use... Wouldn't be against it if the club though Zurhaar was the man...

Yes, Bergman looks like a good fit. I don’t watch a lot of port but when l do l always like the look of him. lve thought l wish Carlton had a young winger like him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I would have picked him ahead of Kym LeBois and Pat Kerr, and said as much at the time. We also passed over Ladhams, Stengle, Ronke, and Henry at that pick. So that's a solid reminder that no matter what anyone says, most drafts tend to go at least 80-90 players deep.

Though to be fair, I did also suggest Yestin Eades and Mitch McCarthy in the rookie draft, and probably a few who went undrafted.

2x top 20 picks for him would be a good deal. Rucks are overrated. And he "may" become a very good one in a few years. Clubs can win flags with just okay rucks. Look at Cameron, Stanley, Hickey etc. If we could turn him into a top 20 KPF and a midfielder than we should do it, especially if Mirkov is a chance to make it
Genuine rucks aren't anything approaching overrated, you hear more about how the position is overrated than anyone hyping it.
Clubs preferencing oversized utilities (see:TDK, Stanley, English) has created an inaccurate perception of the value of a ruckman but see one of these guys get schooled by a Gawn, Grundy or Witts and it quickly becomes apparent that the rhetoric is ill-informed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played most of his footy there.
He transitioned to the backline during his time in the VFL & was drafted soon thereafter.
He's got the tools to be a weapon in transition, whether it translates is the question.

AFL website saying Melican and Breust could be involved in trade talks at the end of this season although it doesn’t specify which clubs, if any, are interested.

I’d be inclined to talk to both of them, two players from historically winning cultures and who play in positions we need some ready made depth and quality.

IMO we need to avoid trading for unproven talents like 1) Sholl who sounds like LOb without the defensive running and 2) McAsey who gives off Jaksch vibes.

It's about what you see, not what is

Jones from forward to back, Gov, Sicily, Houston, Laird, Tigers Rioli, Battle

Plenty examples
Plenty examples of forwards going back. Not so many of backs going forward. To be a successful forward you need to have forward craft and the knack of being in the right place at the right time and then being able to convert half opportunities. As much as I hate him, Ginnivan is an example of a natural forward. It is more than just being a good kick.

Im really surprised by the lack of interest from our board in Gunstan and Bruest, one out of contract and one potentially up for/open to a move.

Gunstan is a FA which wouldn’t require picks and Bruest is old enough that he wouldn’t cost much.

Both of these guys would make us a better team and would compliment our forward line, both come from a strong club and both have been part of multiple premierships.

Regardless of age, their current outputs are well ahead of the guys on our list.

Gunston.
2022. 15 games, 23 goals.

Breust.
2022. 20 games, 40 goals.

Both guys wouldn’t stop us from hitting the draft, we should be all over them.

When Ginnivan gets the ball, his first instinct is to duck his head into somebody to get a free kick.
I'm not sure that that is natural forward craft.
I agree. I think he learnt it as a kid and it is such an automatic part of his game that now he isn't consciously aware that he is doing it. His coach’s current claim that he is being picked on is a lot of tosh. The coaches at Collingwood should focus on re-training that aspect of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back