List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, like others have suggested, I think we're in for a pretty quiet trade/draft period.

Add: Acres via trade (F3 or Jones compo)
Draft: Pick 10, 28
Sign (1yr): Setters, Ed C, Fog
Upgrade: Owies (Cat-B) -> Senior (must happen) (This replaces the requirement for the 3rd draft pick)

Senior List: 36
Rookie List: 5
Rookie B: 1

Leaves 1 spot spare (plus one Rookie B, which goes unused unless Byrne comes over). And boringly, I think we leave the one spot spare for SSP/MSD. So only two picks at the ND.

---

But that's no fun, so here's the super-exciting, nobody-expected-that scenario. Cue Darryl Kerrigan "Tell 'im 'e's dreamin'!"

Add: Acres via trade (Jones compo)
Trade: Out: F2, F3, F4 -> GCS In: Pick 7, Bowes, 43, 52. (They're desperate, don't need 43, 52, want picks next year and we find a way to make it happen)
Trade: Out: Pick 7, 43 In: F1 (Norf) (They want picks now, and back themselves for a better year next year)
Trade: Out: Pick 10, 52, Setters In: F1 (WCE) (as above)
Trade: Out: F1, 28, Dow In: F1 (Hawks) (They want a ready-to-go inside mid, and an extra pick this year for a pick swap next year)
Sign (1yr): Ed C, Fog

Leaves us still with 33 on senior list, 5 on rookie after the trade period (inc. Owies), and first pick in draft is 62.

Draft: Pick 62 (speculative pick on a tall - e.g. Foster)
Upgrade: Owies, plus two of LOB, Hayes or Cotts (they've all got 2 year contracts anyway)
Rookie Draft/DFA: 3 mature players for a year to fill some gaps

Senior List: 36
Rookie List: 6
Rookie B: 1

So, doesn't look all that great, does it:
Out: Jones, Williamson, Stocker, Parks, Newnes, McDonald, Hayes, Dow, Setters
In: Acres, Bowes, Pick 62, 3 x Rookie/DFAs
Acres is an upgrade on Newnes, and maybe Bowes for Setters but that's about it. We've also traded out our entire 2023 draft hand.

But... In return we've picked up 2023 first round picks from Norf, WCE & Hawks. Good chance that all 3 of these will be top 5 picks. So the payout comes in the 2023 draft. Say hello to Harley Reid, Ashton Moir and Nick Watson. Thanks very much.

(just to be clear, this isn't serious!!)
Move over Austin… Give Bletch the job…

Narkle just delisted at Geelong. A small/medium forward/mid with terrific pace and x-factor. Not reached his best at Cats. Is a DFA & wouldn't cost much. Would bolster our side, if not for depth as well. Anyone?
too small as a mid, doesn't get it a lot and despite his first nations background and size, not a small forward.

fogarty with peroxide hair

edit not as short as i thought but the rest stands imo

too small as a mid, doesn't get it a lot and despite his first nations background and size, not a small forward.

fogarty with peroxide hair

edit not as short as i thought but the rest stands imo
I do agree he doesn't get enough of it. Also his inconsistency maybe a problem, but when he is "on" his game, his tremendous pace, x-factor & goal sense makes up for it. We need pacy outside players, this guy is one, and will cost peanuts.

Should Devon Robertson (Lions) p 22 good size , played 25 games be available, I’d be interested, perhaps a swap with Paddy Dow ? both young talented players would get to benefit from a fresh start, new challenges.

I do agree he doesn't get enough of it. Also his inconsistency maybe a problem, but when he is "on" his game, his tremendous pace, x-factor & goal sense makes up for it. We need pacy outside players, this guy is one, and will cost peanuts.
DFA and i don't think his salary would be onerous but if it's him or setterfield or curnow?

He's so unfit that he can't utilise his speed after QT. Plays 60-65% TOG. I would rather take a punt on someone untried at AFL level.

Narkle just delisted at Geelong. A small/medium forward/mid with terrific pace and x-factor. Not reached his best at Cats. Is a DFA & wouldn't cost much. Would bolster our side, if not for depth as well. Anyone?
I came here to post this. Even just as depth he's a good option. DFA, not much salary cost at all and no outgoing draft capital. Puts more pressure on the Small Forwards, Wings, and Half Forward Flanks which are positions we need to get better in.

Wouldn't be surprised if we have a look. He'll get picked up somewhere for sure.

Thanks, but how would we only have 4 overall list spots left after delisting 7 players? I understand Owies takes one and so does the extra selection from the 2022 MSD, but shouldn't that leave us with 6 list spots remaining?
4 off the senior list, Owies added.
3 off the rookie list, but 2 MSD picks taken.

Considering Geelong play 3 small/med fwds in Stengle, Miers and Rohan and he hardly got a look in, would have also been behind Dalhouse and probably Higgens in the pecking order for selection.. If we want to beat Geelong we cant be taking blokes that are no where near the best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering Geelong play 3 small/med fwds in Stengle, Miers and Rohan and he hardly got a look in, would have also been behind Dalhouse and probably Higgens in the pecking order for selection.. If we want to beat Geelong we cant be taking blokes that are no where near the best 22.

He's darn close to their best 22....

Not sure if it's been spoken about in here, but can anyone tell me why we wouldn't be interested in Gunston?

WE have Charlie, Harry & JSOS.. Not sure we have a need for his type. Luke Breust is the only one that would interest me if Hawks were wanting to cut him loose.

according to this article we only have two players still out of contract…Fogarty must still have one.

Carlton (2)

Still would like to know on his disappearance at the tailend of the VFL season.
Fog still has another year? Hmmm
Was looking like it unfort. No mention of the tenure when he signed on & under contract when moving. Trumped by Geelong again…

It sounds left field but it may work. Some of our players are being Sent to an LA gang simulated training camp which also involves spending time with some of the local street gangs in the hope they develop a harder edge. Below is LOB's Instagram post.
View attachment 1519717
The draw was easy first half of season,Carlton did fail a bit coming home
A lot of people picked how it played out even with all the injuries

We could/should have snuck into 8th....it was DUE
However...voss will have to professionally mind every aspect in 2023.....again we do have some stars,and injury returns in a team that's very DUE ......club needs some success and there are never any guarantees
Can only work hard and hope......think that's voss's role ....to instill work ethic win or lose

AFL.com.au story today saying Swans will likely sign up Papley to a long-term deal soon and not let him enter his free agency year unsigned

Still hoping it falls through

Not sure what happened with his girlfriend/fiancé who had apparently already moved back to Melbourne back in 2019 before grade period - and don’t know if they are even together anymore - or maybe they are and she moved back to Sydney

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Still would like to know on his disappearance at the tailend of the VFL season.

Was looking like it unfort. No mention of the tenure when he signed on & under contract when moving. Trumped by Geelong again…
No harm in granting another year extension at low salary, however should things remain the same, Dow Setterfield & Fog, will certainly be off our list next time around

Not sure what happened with his girlfriend/fiancé who had apparently already moved back to Melbourne back in 2019 before grade period - and don’t know if they are even together anymore - or maybe they are and she moved back to Sydney

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Papley is no Adonis so like any long distance relationship, it was on shaky ground for a while. However you must look deeper than looks every body has different qualities.
1664418071709.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back